• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:51:19 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Official Sprite Contest: Ivalicians Abroad

Started by Celdia, May 05, 2013, 09:26:51 am

lirmont

May 23, 2013, 07:41:58 am #40 Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:08:02 pm by lirmont
Mobile Suit BYBLOS
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel (SNES)

With high expectations, human beings leave Earth to begin a new life in space colonies. However, the United Earth Sphere Alliance gains great military powers and soon seizes control of one colony after another in the name of "Justice" and "Peace". The year is After-Colony 195, Operation Meteor. In a move to counter the alliance's tryanny, rebel citizens of certain colonies schemed to bring new arsenals to the Earth, disguising them as shooting stars. However, the alliance headquarters catches on to this operation.

In anticipation of Operation Meteor, the reclusive Professor Elidibus, in league with the shadow organization, the Organization of the Zodiac (OZ), developed a powerful anti-mobile suit weapon, the Zodiac Engine, as part of the dark op, Operation Midlight. However, the weapon was unsuited to existing models of mobile units. In response to this, the OZ-16MSX-ZE model, code-named "THE BYBLOS", was created.

This new mobile suit was designed to protect the Zodiac Engine it would soon house with an array of deadly close-range attachments. As production of the mobile suit neared completion, the Zodiac Engine was installed in the prototype Byblos. Tragedy struck; the Zodiac Engine introduced critical interference with the Byblos' systems, severely altering the pilot's mental state, introducing an extreme sense of paranoia in the pilot towards the Organization. The entire base where the Byblos was being manufactured was destroyed before the pilot forcibly removed the Zodiac Engine from the mobile suit and fled the scene.

There are rumors that the elusive Professor Elidibus escaped this catastrophe, retreating to one of his many underground facilities where he may still reside today.

3lric

I knew right away what this was. Fucking awesome man.
  • Modding version: PSX

brittmarv

I'm waiting to see Ramza in Super Smash Brothers

or Snake/Dante in Dissidia

Lijj

That's a good Gundam Lirmont. Glad to see these pixels from you.

Choto: I was a little kid when I 1st played  Faxanadu  too.. Play through it completely now if you can. It's such a good game; I mean, it has visibly equipped armour/weapons and a dragon beast king.. I remember it actually scaring me for some reason... the whole story is just weird: meteor falls, mutates the dwarves, world decaying etc. Super grimey dungeons to top it off.

Mobius: About the other sprites, those are just smaller versions of enemies from Faxanadu. Since it's a solo quest I thought that was ok. Though now you gave me an idea to feature at least one more FFT character and a boss Lucavi in another screen.

Brittmarv: Haxanadu.com PLEASE!!! All I want for Christmas is a Faxanadu editor.
About that game: I'll have to try that out; & very soon..I've never heard of it.. Interesting that it was made by Broderbund, a US based company, yet for the Japanese franchise. 

lirmont

Pretty Soldier Sailor Alma
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade)

Today on Sailor Moon, we meet a mysterious new transfer student, but, the night before, there were really bright lights in the sky! Could the new transfer student actually be an alien from the Nega-verse? What's a girl to do when she has to choose between a quiet school life and fighting evil? Can the Sailor Scouts get to the bottom of this? Stick around! See what happens when Sailor Moon returns~!

Jumza

Hehe, sailor moon :)
Good job Lirmont, these are awesome!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Mobius

Quote from: lirmont on May 24, 2013, 03:36:08 am
Pretty Soldier Sailor Alma
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade)

Today on Sailor Moon, we meet a mysterious new transfer student, but, the night before, there were really bright lights in the sky! Could the new transfer student actually be an alien from the Nega-verse? What's a girl to do when she has to choose between a quiet school life and fighting evil? Can the Sailor Scouts get to the bottom of this? Stick around! See what happens when Sailor Moon returns~!

You just keep coming with these

They are awesome and creative.

Let me post here something myself. Not for the contest, but because it's related. FFTA meets Fire Emblem:

Attack, my clan, attack!
Added them imperial troopers there because I can. Also Issac and young Link.

These were made in 2008.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

lirmont

Ahaha, the storm troopers. You just planned 5 years in advance for this competition (FFTA characters are in the official rules). Also unrelated, I really hope someone makes a Star Wars SRPG using sprites for ships, troops, etc.

Alma was the last one I had planned. Thanks to those of you who have commented on them.

Jumza

Clearly Mobius has a time machine.

All of your entries were great Lirmont!
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Lijj

May 25, 2013, 09:17:16 pm #50 Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:02:01 pm by Lijj
Ramza's Adventure in the greasy, grimey dungeons of FFTxAnadu continue!
Poor sister Alma has been caged by the demon of fury, Adramelk (extra large version that is; the meteorite not only effects the dwarves):

Seems as if Ramza barely slid by, getting the Wingboots and freeing Alma with meager health.

Continued from:

I edited this screen just slightly as well, the timer didn't make sense really. I also removed the white on the Ramza sprite's head tiles to make it really fit NES order- still using the weapons on separate layers

bcrobert

Mobius, if you polish those FFTA/Fire Emblem sprites a bit they'd be fine for an official entry. (Unless you have something else planned, of course.) You did a good job of making those tiny sprites pop out with the quirky style.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

lirmont

Alma's expression behind bars is surprisingly convincing. Adramelk looks awesome.

Lijj

Thanks Lirmont, I hope you end up doing more because your entries are lovely.. Glad you kept this thread so alive.
Now we just need more people jumping in.

3lric

haha awesome stuff there Lijj, I love that it all retained the NES feel. I would definately play this game

Lijj

Thanks Elric  :D.
I looked through so many things last night to see if I could find any hacking stuff on Faxanadu.. Sadly there isn't much; there are two minor hacks done, a lame palette swapped patch and an uncensored patch that shows ..OMG crucifixes that Nintendo of America edited out. The was another bigger hack being worked on but it was cancelled. There are some links and decent info there though: (actually, it looks like there was some recent activity there :)):
http://www.freewebs.com/umaggot/index.html

Gulstaf

Quote from: Mobius on May 22, 2013, 09:40:17 pm
Hey Lijj, you should add teammates or so to resemble more Tactics. Right now only Ramza is identifiable, and that's only if you know who he is. Those blue guys I have no idea who they are.

I'd go for the more recognizable character jobs for the teammates, like Black Mage/White Mage.

A Lucavi would spice things up too.

EDIT: This game looks actually quite fun for a NES game. Reminds me of Zelda II, The Adventure of Link. Same gameplay really. 

Yes this game does look interesting. Never heard of it until you posted that vid. Maybe I might try it out during my free time. also Hello everyone, I'm new here^
Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment.  Always stay sure of yourself and be positive for who you are.  Have faith in yourself and go above and beyond to meet your  goal in life. God will be at your side and shall lead you down the path of righteousness..

Gulstaf

Wow Lijj awesome job on your Sprite Entry! the sprite work you put for Ramza Beoulve and Alma are quite creative and Adramelk looks Awesome! Keep up the good work :D 
Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment.  Always stay sure of yourself and be positive for who you are.  Have faith in yourself and go above and beyond to meet your  goal in life. God will be at your side and shall lead you down the path of righteousness..

Jumza

I feel like updating my entry...

I added another pose to the original, before I realized the PSP version of Yggdra Union has more HD sprites. I couldn't find any sprite rips of them, so it took me awhile to find one to work off of.

Also the game has 4 different versions of small rectangular portraits, for Passive, Aggresive, Pain (or defeat) and Victory. I added those as well!

Male Knight in Yggdra Union style

3lric

Very nice Jumza.

Geez, I'm gonna have some issue picking the top 3 entries, so much diversity