• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:17:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT another tale

Started by Dome, August 15, 2009, 07:47:27 am

Dome

August 15, 2009, 07:47:27 am Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:33:27 am by Dome
Project closed
Hi everyone!
In this patch, different special characters join you, along with new skills for them

Stats of the special characters!
Skillsets of special characters:
Princess Ovelia:
Song of life - Raise 2 - Wall - Cure - Cure 4 - Reraise - Fairy - Golem
Regenerator - Caution - Defense up - Short charge - Move hp-up - Teleport

Olan
Galaxy stop - Haste - Haste 2 - Slow - Slow 2 - Stop
Critical quick - Counter flood - Maintenance - Fly

Alma
Magic Barrier - Wish - Cheer up - Esuna
Absorb used mp - Counter magic - Magic def. up - Short charge

Izlude
Shellbust stab - Blastar punch - Hellcry punch - Icewolf bite - Crush punch
Hp restore - Arrow guard - Concentrate - Attack up - Ignore height

Gaffgarion
Night sword - Dark sword - Dark holy - Unholy rage - Souleater
Meatbone slash - Hp restore - Concentrate - Attack up - Maintenance - Move hp-up

Zalmo
Cure 2 - Cure 3 - Raise - Regen - Holy - Deathspell 2 - Sleep - Confuse - Wall 2
Meatbone slash - Damage split - Attack up - Magic attack up - Teleport - Move mp-up

Kletian
Quake - Tornado - Melt - Flare - Death - quick - Halt
MA save - Counter magic - Short  charge - MA up - Teleport - Move mp-up

Zalbag
Stasis sword - Split punch - Crush punch - Lighting stab - Holy explosion - Magic ruin - Speed ruin - Power ruin - Mind ruin - Blood suck
Counter - Speed save - Concentrate - Maintenance - Attack up - Move mp-up

Dome the ultima demon
Ultima - Giga flare - Hurricane - Lifebreak - Poison frog

Custom-unique skills
Ovelia: Song of life (Like life song but it restores both hp and mp)
Olan: Galaxy stop (Now it costs 50 mp)
Alma: Magic barrier
Gaffgarion: Unholy rage (auto instant haste shell protect innocent berserk) and Souleater (Draw out skill dark elemental)
Zalmo: Wall 2 (Leviathan aoe 100% Protect shell 40 mp charge like tier 3 spell)
Kletian: Halt (100% stop slow dont move dont act 30 mp charge time like tier 2 spell)
Zalbag: Blood suck (Like the elmdor one...it sucks hp and inflict blood suck status)
Dome the ultima demon: Ultima (More damaging non-faith based)

Patch progression
15/8/09
Thread started
16/8/09
Created the starting point of the patch FFT 1.3 with vanilla fight
22/9/09
Finished the skillsets - stats - custom skills decisions

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

boomkick

August 15, 2009, 12:10:55 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
You need to know how to make sprites since the formation screen for many of them don't have the sprites needed. Especially the battle setup, where they dont show up at all.

Cloud--->Serpentauris* Zodiac

this is all i can come up with since im kinda tired right now.

Sephirot24

August 15, 2009, 04:23:58 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Cloud --> Elmdor or an Assassin..

Too bad I don't know ANYTHING about hacking DX
There probably are helpful topics in the HELP section.. check it out. Good luck on this one!

Bloodthirster0

August 15, 2009, 07:36:39 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Cloud --> Chapter 1 Wiegraf w/ Holy Swordskill

I think I read something about changing the formation sprites

another suggestion Holy Dragon --> Black Dragon

and lol I just though a nice storyline from this
Need something useful to write here

Dome

August 15, 2009, 07:42:52 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Assassin would be nice, but I will need to change the skillset in order to make the ability not 100% effective...
The serpentarius...I dont know...

SilvasRuin

August 15, 2009, 08:02:34 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Well, instead of the Lucavi, why not Elidibs the wizard?

Bloodthirster0

August 15, 2009, 08:20:12 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
I think its a good idea,since you are using the time machine to bring him back,its going to be logical even if you killed him,but its not going to be good for the strategy variety since it is going to be the 7th spellcaster on your team

Dome

August 15, 2009, 08:27:57 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Princess ovelia --->caster
Olan---------------->caster
Alma--------------->caster
Izlude-------------->divine knight
Gaffgarion--------->dark knight
Zalmo-------------->caster
Kletian-------------->caster
Zalbag-------------->holy knight
Apanda--------------->Special monster
Ultima demon --------->Special monster

A lot of casters...I will need to change some skill/skillset in order to make them different...
Anyway, I think that I need a fighter as last character or a mixed one...I dunno
Ps:500 POSTS!!!!

SilvasRuin

August 15, 2009, 08:40:45 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Drop Apanda altogether since a Byblos is just a modified Apanda and make that one and the remaining one fighter types.  That would even the sides.

Bloodthirster0

August 15, 2009, 08:42:54 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
still a lot of casters since Ultima Demon and Apanda are casters too,plus that the game dont have many special magics.

Cloud must be replaced by some kind of ultimate unit,I suggested Chapter 1 Wiegraf(he is nice) with Holy Swordskill,cuz its the ultimate skillset of the game,Silvas suggestion is also very interesting human Elidibs as the ultimate caster,tons of MP and tons of powerful magics with Short Charge/Non-Charge and both characters respect the game logic,since you kill wiegraf on Chapter 3 and then brings he back(bringing him back from the dead with the power of a lucavi) and have Elidibs to join would explain why he disppeared from 50 Year War(but the boss from DD must be changed)

Dome

August 15, 2009, 09:01:00 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Princess ovelia --->caster
Olan---------------->caster
Alma--------------->caster
Izlude-------------->divine knight
Gaffgarion--------->dark knight
Zalmo-------------->caster
Kletian-------------->caster
Zalbag-------------->holy knight
????? (From worker 8 )
Ultima demon --------->Special monster
???? (From cloud)

So there are 2 ??? at the moment...
Suggestion? (I dont like to have elidibs because there are already enough casters...and the one that replaces cloud must be an outsider...maybe someone like lu-bu or Sigfried...some uber fighter...I dont know)
Maybe I should nerf special in order to make them unable to change job (Like in FFTA)...but it's possible?

Bloodthirster0

August 15, 2009, 09:06:39 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
there is Sain,Kain,Firion,Sephirot,Basch,Balthier,Luso,Barret,Zack and Vincent sprites available,and nerfing the specials that way isnt a good idea,it would kill many strategies

Dome

August 15, 2009, 09:09:51 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Maybe Barret, he would be a ranged fighter...what do you guy think about him?

Bloodthirster0

August 15, 2009, 09:14:36 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Barret is a nice character,he can be very useful,but how do you plan to make his skillset and item set?

still thinking on Worker 8 replacement,nothing eles grows from steel balls

EDIT: Olan can be used as a fighter too

SilvasRuin

August 15, 2009, 09:24:46 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Vincent is awesome, but he's more of a caster than a fighter.  Barret is more of a fighter type than him, but would still have caster leanings by nature, considering most Materia he'd load his best gun with would likely be magic.  While Sephiroth does have the biggest-ass sword in the series, he'd also be more magically oriented considering the spells he is capable of in the flashback and the final boss fight.

Basch is awesome.  Use him after he replaces his brother as a Judge.

I haven't played that new FFIV game, but if Kain hasn't changed any, he's a one-trick-pony, as much as people love him.  For that same reason, I wouldn't recommend Cecil unless you plan on some expansion to his abilities.

In FFTA2, the only real shining gems the humans have over the other two races are the Seer and the Blue Mage... and they are both casters.  Oh, wait, there ARE the Parivir, but you might as well just slap elements on the swordskills.

Edit:  Barret could be made a physical fighter if you ignore the Materia and his ultimate weapon stuff and just go with his limit breaks for a skillset.

Clementine

August 15, 2009, 09:31:30 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clementine
Cloud------> Aeris. Change SOLDIER job and Limit skill to some kind of mage class/ability. I could come up with one, if you'd like. Or Yuffie, and give her the Assassin job. But someone would have to make a Yuffie sprite.

Getting Elidibs/Serpentarius would be cheap. And then the game wouldn't be fun after that. Way too over powered. You'd be like "LOLZODIAC" and you'd win.
I dislike Elmdor, but I do like Celia and Lede. I wouldn't mind it if one of them betrayed Elmdor and joined you or something. 8D

Instead of Kletian, perhaps Balmafula? Better sprite.

Bloodthirster0

August 15, 2009, 09:49:07 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Having Aeris on the party will cause conflicts on the storyline,since Aeris is already in the game as a minor character and event unlocker,there is a Yuffie sprite somewhere,Assassins are good fighters,but they are as cheap as Serpentarius,Dome discarded Elidibs(human) cuz he is also a caster.

Balmafula is too overpowered compared to Kletian,she dont wear pants

Clementine

August 15, 2009, 10:00:04 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clementine
I didn't think about that one. Having Kletian on the party would also cause conflicts though, wouldn't it? I mean, he IS a bad guy. But I suppose you could just replace him with someone else in all the battles he's in. He doesn't really do much in the storyline...
You could mod Balmafula's stats, though. Change the MP/HP/Speed/PA/MA growths in FFTPatcher to be about equal to Kletian's stuff. Just make her the female equivalent of Kletian.

The Assassin job command could also be modified in FFTPatcher to be different from Celia's and Lede's. It's not that difficult. You'd just have to edit an already existing command, like the Magic command that Teta has, even though she dies without using it.

Bloodthirster0

August 15, 2009, 10:19:49 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
but it would require a copy for each Use Hand skill which isnt possible I think,changing some enemies wouldnt make conflicts,for example,Vormav kill Izlude and kidnap Alma,but both joins you and Rafa and Malak dies,you can make Vormav kill Rafa and Malak will die normally but he isnt revived,its different from Aeris event.

Kletian is preferable over Balmafula,having Balmafula to join would require a lot of story changes,while Kletian can be easily replaced by someone else

Clementine

August 15, 2009, 10:46:53 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clementine
Quote from: "Bloodthirster0"Vormav kill Izlude and kidnap Alma,but both joins you and Rafa and Malak dies,you can make Vormav kill Rafa and Malak will die normally but he isnt revived,its different from Aeris event.

Kletian is preferable over Balmafula,having Balmafula to join would require a lot of story changes,while Kletian can be easily replaced by someone else

Vormav is the main villain, and that would completely kill the story line. And no, I don't believe that having Balmafula join your party is favorable over Kletian. You can do the same thing with her as Kletian. Just have a generic or a custom sprite take her place after she's introduced to you. Not much of a storyline edit. The only thing that'd need replacing is a little bit of text. She only appears when you meet her, when Delita "kills" her, and at the end. Not a whole lot there.

Anyway, Dome, I'd be glad to help you work on this patch if you need someone to help you. I really like this idea. I have all the necessary programs, I think. If not, I'm sure I can find the ones I'm missing.