• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:16:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Default sprite palette change?

Started by Durbs, July 18, 2011, 11:29:59 am

Durbs

What exactly I mean by this is I would like to switch the secondary palettes of certain sprites with their primary ones (eg I could change what palette sprites you control default to). For example, let's use the current top of the sprites list: Hector. How would I make units you control automatically use the 3rd/4th palette instead of the original 1st palette, and enemy sprites use that first palette?
  • Modding version: PSX

Jubei1986

Im still fairly new to this, but i believe its in FFT patcher under the jobs tab, i think where it says M. Palette, choose between 0, 1, 2...and so on... but dont quote me on that!

Durbs

July 18, 2011, 12:26:42 pm #2 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:27:04 pm by Durbs
Quote from: Jubei1986 on July 18, 2011, 11:39:48 am
Im still fairly new to this, but i believe its in FFT patcher under the jobs tab, i think where it says M. Palette, choose between 0, 1, 2...and so on... but dont quote me on that!

I just did. :mrgreen: And no, that's not a permanent solution. It would only effect enemies anyways.

Shade

Well going to ENTD tab 102(event) there are your starting units, the palette should allow you to change their palette, not sure if this work 100% on battle sprites, but on the formation and potrait sprites, it doesn't affect at all(the ones that are in your menu when giving eguipment etc.).

Look for this topic how to take out insert formation and potrait sprites, if you want to.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Lijj

If you want to switch palettes use palette editor to open the bmp.. let's just switch one and five. Use copy row and copy the 1st row of 16 colors for the sprite down to the 6th slot, then do the same for the portrait's palettes. now copy row of the 5th palette to one; same for portrait then replace rows 5 with the copy of row one for both, then copy a row of black and copy over  the sixth for both.
http://lijj.ffhacktics.com/Palette_Editor.exe

Durbs

July 18, 2011, 07:03:07 pm #5 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:03:31 pm by Durbs
Quote from: Lijj on July 18, 2011, 05:20:25 pm
If you want to switch palettes use palette editor to open the bmp.. let's just switch one and five. Use copy row and copy the 1st row of 16 colors for the sprite down to the 6th slot, then do the same for the portrait's palettes. now copy row of the 5th palette to one; same for portrait then replace rows 5 with the copy of row one for both, then copy a row of black and copy over  the sixth for both.
http://lijj.ffhacktics.com/Palette_Editor.exe

Thank you Lijj! :mrgreen:

Shade

That solution btw doesn't change Formation or Potrait sprites.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

RandMuadDib

that's a matter of re-creating them from the sprite with the new palette, and using FFTEVgrp to insert them.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Durbs

Yeah, I know, but from shishi's I can easily create formation ports and sprites with the different palettes.

Durbs

Sorry for the double post, but I have another corresponding question. If you repaletted a sprite, how would you add the new palette to the sprite? Links please if it is complicated...

Cheetah

Quote from: Shade on July 18, 2011, 02:34:00 pm
Well going to ENTD tab 102(event) there are your starting units, the palette should allow you to change their palette, not sure if this work 100% on battle sprites, but on the formation and potrait sprites, it doesn't affect at all(the ones that are in your menu when giving eguipment etc.).

Look for this topic how to take out insert formation and potrait sprites, if you want to.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0

To clarify changing anything in an ENTD will not change the sprite color once in your formation. Only way to do that is as Lijj described.
Current Projects: