• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:07:22 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

well both of the matches pokeytax were expected to be long and slow considering that your team was built for defense and not much offense besides jump. i know the matches were rather awkward but honestly, in all fairness, i did choose a better map for jump to be show cased. and im not a big fan of iron boots because it intends to be more of a bane on the user than an advantage...but that's just me
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

The Damned

Okay, so "Oil Ocean" has been updated again. I saw why it was Robotnik was 140 JP over, Barren. I miscounted Equip Shield as 50 JP instead of 200 JP in Robotnik's case. Thanks for pointing that out before since I seriously thought you had miscounted until I got finished changing it.

@CT5Holy: Thanks. I realized too late that I should have probably gotten rid of Twist Headbands, though, given that Flails/Maces don't give a damn about them.

@pokeytax: My update status is a lot more clear now. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I believe that you should stick with Slow Dance.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

FFT Arena Exhibition Matches requested by Shade

The Damned

For the record, those videos are why people are more interested in your Academy team, Shade.

(And, seriously, PX's dual Iron Boots team needs some way to revive. I'm surprised he doesn't have Nameless Song on at least one Knight or that male Mimes for that matter.)

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

PX_Timefordeath

Okay, enough of the stupid mime/paladin team. I was just testing to see how powerful mimes + Life Song was going to be (It failed)

Anyways, requesting my *finally* updated Ice team vs 3 more random people.

The Damned

January 25, 2011, 08:59:27 pm #505 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:17:57 pm by The Damned
Well Life Song with two Mimes is pretty obnoxious. The "catch" to that is that Mimes have to be, you know, alive, and your Mimes--I guess one of them was named Black Cat for a reason--just tended to die and then be unable to be revived.  I mean, Life Song with two Mimes enabled Melancthon's circus-themed team to kick my ass more horribly than it needed to since otherwise his Mimes would have died. That AND he had Revive back-up (on a mobile unit) just in case.

Oh, and since I forgot to say it above, thanks again, Barren.

Barren

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the videos i have been putting up as of late. its good to see how teams turn out.

And for Iron Boots.....we all now know its not for everyone

Otabo

January 25, 2011, 09:23:36 pm #507 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:56:06 pm by Otabo
Quote from: PX_Timefordeath on January 25, 2011, 08:27:58 pm

Anyways, requesting my *finally* updated Ice team vs 3 more random people.

EDIT: I'll get yours and Skip's done tomorrow when I get home.

Shade

Quote from: The Damned on January 25, 2011, 03:21:55 pm
For the record, those videos are why people are more interested in your Academy team, Shade.

So people don't kike my team, because of my ice weakness, last map being awful place to start, and that I can take tanky units down without abusing speed save and yell, and the fact that I shoulda had blaze gun instead of blast gun(how did I make a that big of a mistake).

I am not really sure how is academy team so intresting, it's just croup of squires that have high ma or pa stats combined with right skillset(punch art for males and for females draw out).

I am just intrested how you see my squire test team better then the Doom archers.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

The Damned

January 26, 2011, 12:30:56 am #509 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:33:56 am by The Damned
No, it's because Archers just generally still kind of boring to watch and your Academy team has done better thus far. Only reason Standstill was interesting to watch was because it actually made good use out of the otherwise mediocre Don't Move proc. Four Squires is at least more entertaining to watch and novel at present, IMO, since Ultima isn't automatically a death sentence on everything anymore and Squires have legitimate great stats now.

(Also, the 1.3 Tournaments have statistically had a hell of a lot more Archers compared to Squires.)

Also, you have Yell and the Ice weakness and disadvantageous maps are things that can always easily bite you in the ass, so I don't see what you're talking about.

Otabo

January 26, 2011, 03:13:18 pm #510 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:32:17 pm by Otabo
Exhibition matches as requested by Skip.

EDIT: Exhibition matches as requested by PX.

Skip Sandwich

January 26, 2011, 04:15:06 pm #511 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:07:07 pm by Skip Sandwich
thanks Otabo!

Talk Skill for the win! Seriously though, was that a crit on CT5's Asura paladin or was he weak to dark or something? 450 damage, ouch.

I'll have to re-watch it, but I think Shade's team only managed to land 1 or 2 attacks total the entire match, the rest of the time was just him frantically sandbagging to no avail. EDIT: it was 3, only 3 attacks landed, none of them dealing serious damage

In this battle betweeen Sleep (me) and Don't Act (The Damned), Don't Act won. GG Damned!
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

pokeytax

Cards are finally up to date, the second set has the most recent non-tourney vs. non-tourney. Thanks to Barren and Otabo for running plenty of matches!
  • Modding version: PSX

The Damned

Thanks, pokeytax. Thanks, Otabo.

So much Darkness this match. Grand Cross is also still immensely powerful, but at least its avoidable. Not really much else to say about that outside of Mimic Daravon still outclassing Oracle's Sleep.

I didn't even notice that Shade's "True Doom Archers" have Speed Save and Yell.

Funny how a match with so much Sleep and two Ninja has no unit with Haku Korosu, which still goes unused. Similarly how I probably would have lost outright had Grand Cross managed to hit Robotnik considering it would have killed him.

Oh well, at least it wasn't a total blowout despite not losing a unit on my side and it's nice to see that Doku No Kyoukai merits use now; hell, Doku No Kyoukai is probably won me the match.

The double equipment breaks still seem to be acting up, but I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing. I'm also somewhat pleasantly surprised that Rouge isn't using Quickening--she's only used once and that was towards the end of the round when she had nothing to do. That might be due to the fact that she has so much range still even without the gun, though.

Otabo

Previous post updated with PX's matches.

PX_Timefordeath

In that fight against Barren, how the hell did the monk and ninja have 100% attacks????

The Damned

Weirdly seemed to only happen against the Knight from the front. Hmmm....

Anyway, between those matches and Gotwald's Earth team, I'm rather tempted to make an anti-Monk team.

I losing a completely uphill battle isn't exactly a surprise, especially when the AI is in control of things. Between the AI not doing anything useful when I Charmed it, my lack of AoE, being unable to dodge Wave Fist and having only Phoenix Down as revival, it was pretty much foregone with the starting distance and the Ninja charging in.

Lol at Velma surviving at 1 HP until the Ice Brand proc activated and hit for a mighty 14 damage. Oh well, at least it shows that Ice team is capable of beating Melancthon's team even it is one that uses Lore and a filthy Monk.

Yes, IP Man! Punch for justice! Especially now that Alkaiser has abandoned us....

Other than that, damn, Barren's female Archer must have Best compat. with that poor Knight or something.

Skip Sandwich

@The Damned
actually I have two different SaGa Frontier theme teams in the works right now

the first would be Emila and the Gradius members (Roufas, Annie and Liza)

the second is composed of Blue, Dr. Nukasan, Gen and Mesarthim, and would be much more magic heavy.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Barren

Shade

I shall Request my two new teams to get figthing! Holy Team and Dark Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Upupupu...

Zetsubou