• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 05, 2013, 03:03:08 am

Reks

So I'm out, then. Oh well, made a good attempt, and just came up against some great teams.

GG everyone.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

FFMaster

Sorry about the long delay, I've been busy the past week.

The 2 matches from last week are currently being rendered and will be uploaded shortly. I'll post a link in the morning if nobody has yet by then.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

TrueLight

August 29, 2013, 01:13:04 pm #222 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:19:13 pm by TrueLight
FFT Arena S2 Tournament Losers 2 Match 17 - Dragonblade vs Dol

FFT Arena S2 Tournament Losers 2 Match 18 - iamBQB vs TrueLight

Well, that was lots of offense put into one match. Got a little lucky with some dodges now and then. The speed advantage form my Ninja and Archer allowed them to sneak in extra turns and Tank just couldn't keep up with the sandbag. GG iamBQB.
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

Not that I like to rush everyone but when will the next set of matches be happening? It's been almost 3 months since the tournament started and it has yet to finish. I know everyone has a lot going on in their lives as do I but we need to finish the tournament as fast as possible.
You dare cross blades with me?

Dokurider

The next set of matches are supposed to be FFM's to film, but seeing that he's really busy nowadays, perhaps I could do his set then?

FFMaster

Well, my CPU fan died and I just moved one of my shitty fans as a temporary replacement. I can't encode videos at all right now, fearing an overheat of my system(also, suddenly high ambient temps, stupid Spring).

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Note: I can at least work on Arena since that isn't CPU intensive.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Otabo

Welp, that was a close one, indeed. Cursed Ring & Bizen Boat once again show how broken they are currently. Kind of glad I lost here, at least my team went down swinging unlike the little to no fighting chance it would have had against Wiz's team should it have won. GG, Gaignun.

formerdeathcorps

September 26, 2013, 06:02:04 am #234 Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:20:45 am by formerdeathcorps
I may not like Wiz's style, but I was rooting for him to win simply because I wanted to see some fresh blood shake up the final matches of the Loser's Bracket, rather than a rerun of the Winner's Bracket semi/quarter-final matches.  Oh well...

You've earned your wings, TrueLight.  Good luck in the next match.

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

September 26, 2013, 06:15:50 am #235 Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:23:00 am by Barren
Damn that was another long match but to be kind of expected from a turtling team like this one.

I probably should have considered projectile guard more often than not and maybe some wardrobe changes but oh well, it is what it is. First 2 rounds were brutal and 3rd round I got unlucky as my team would suggest it can be given its strategy. GG TrueLight, you got your revenge on me in the netherworld. Good luck from here on out.

As far as the loser's semi's and finals I will get started on them this weekend. I am completely booked with school and work for the next couple of days so hope you all don't mind the wait

TrueLight

Good game Barren, you had me on edge many times there. There was never a clear winner thanks to your Cursed Ring users. There were questionable AI actions from both sides and some were more costly than others.

Let's see how far these new wings take me.
  • Modding version: PSX

reinoe

Quote from: TrueLight on September 26, 2013, 11:00:37 am
Good game Barren, you had me on edge many times there. There was never a clear winner thanks to your Cursed Ring users. There were questionable AI actions from both sides and some were more costly than others.

Let's see how far these new wings take me.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.  Barren's team is the one that sent Truelight to the loser's bracket in the first place.

These have been some very exciting loser's bracket matches!  I've decided I've changed my mind.  Whomever faces me at the end of the loser's bracket, I want you to win against me.  I already know I can't beat Avalance's but someone else might be able to beat him.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

September 29, 2013, 08:45:01 pm #238 Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:31:10 pm by Barren
The video is going to take a couple of hours to upload for some reason. Not sure if its youtube's network problem or whatever, but since I will be going to bed soon, anyone happens to be around by the video uploads go ahead and post it here. thanks

Edit: never mind, here it is

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Loser's Match 28 - CT5Holy vs Gaignun

CT5Holy

Ahh I got really lucky with those status effects and crits and dodged shots and everything really =x
Like in R3 my Ninja dodging a OHKO shot from your Thief, which allowed him to damage and set up a kill on your Thief. I think I hit all my Paralyzes, too.
I dunno, I thought I was at a disadvantage in this match? But yeah, get lucky enough... =/
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney