• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:40:39 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Gameflow Editor

Started by pokeytax, September 10, 2011, 07:44:46 pm

pokeytax

September 10, 2011, 07:44:46 pm Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:08:39 pm by pokeytax
Xifaniedid a spreadsheet a while back called WORLD_MAP_1.00 that lets you fiddle with the conditionals on the world map. I put together a new front end for it that makes the editing more transparent. While you can't do anything you couldn't do by entering the correct hex before, it's more usable.

There are a few things that need to be touched up (several of the paths are drawing the wrong direction by default, better variable documentation, calling events not ordinarily called from main map will cause issues until I fill in that table) but if you want to take a look here it is.

Notes:
Look at an existing event to get an idea of how to replicate it. (Copy, don't Cut!) Bethla Garrison, the Deep Dungeon, and Goug Machine City obviously have some things happening.

The parameter used by "BattleSeries" events is, I think, a variable tracking your progress, but it's not the variable entered.

Camera centers the camera on a location. You must follow these by some kind of draw or erase.
BattleSeries initiates an event chain like Riovanes or Orbonne. It's also used for the branch at Bethla.
Code1D is called during the game startup.
Code1E is used in the Deep Dungeon to create a menu entry.
Code1F is used in the Deep Dungeon and seems to do something like decrement a variable and rerun the location's conditionals until the variable = 0.

v 3.00
Tacked on an ATTACK.OUT conditionals editor for the heck of it.

v 2.01
Changed to alphabet tabs to make it easier to find events.
Rewrote behind the scenes to handle things less stupidly.

v 2.00
Initial release.

Gameflow Editor download
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

Will this be able to properly handle me wanting to say, take events away from Igros Castle and add events to Lesalia Imperial Capital?

While this is by and far an improvement, it's hard to tell how well it works when I decide I really want to move shit around from that screenshot.

pokeytax

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 10, 2011, 07:50:32 pm
Will this be able to properly handle me wanting to say, take events away from Igros Castle and add events to Lesalia Imperial Capital?

Yes. If you want, you can make Igros a dead spot like Bervenia and make Lesalia a "hub town" where all the between-fights plot happens.

I'm working on a better interface with more tabs as the current huge slate of long yellow boxes is terrible.

RavenOfRazgriz

Haha. Good.  It definitely needs some clarity, like what the number in Column D/H/L is, etc.

It's still nice to see this looking like it's otherwise working, though.

Does it have a warning on telling you when you've broken the space limit on the World Map Conditionals like how the ATTACK Conditionals Spreadsheet does, or is that just not an issue with the World Map?  I've done almost 0 with World Map so far, so its one of the few things I really have no fuckin' clue about.

pokeytax

Does it have a warning on telling you when you've broken the space limit on the World Map Conditionals like how the ATTACK Conditionals Spreadsheet does, or is that just not an issue with the World Map?  I've done almost 0 with World Map so far, so its one of the few things I really have no fuckin' clue about.

Hm, I should add one. There's some wiggle room to start, but you could break it with some effort.

RavenOfRazgriz

Haha.  Yeah, you should.

The main reason I made the trimmed Conditionals outside of wanting to make ATTACK.OUT easier to learn to edit was to give the wiggle room, but that fractional display is still damn handy.

Cheetah

This looks extremely interesting. I hope to take a good look at it in the near future.
Current Projects:

pokeytax

September 18, 2011, 11:33:58 am #7 Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:44:00 am by pokeytax
I tacked on an easyedit version of Raven's pared-down version of Xifanie's ATTACK.OUT conditionals editor. (The golden age of hacking: making small cosmetic edits to Xifanie's perfect original documents.) The result is kinda terrible and bloated, and probably unnecessary because ATTACK.OUT conditionals aren't that terrible, but puts a large chunk of the gameflow in one spreadsheet. The biggest remaining chunk is the spreadsheet version of the GUI editor Raven did.

EDIT: Wow, it's too big for the forum attachment system. That doesn't bode well. There's a link to a download before the image in the OP.

RavenOfRazgriz

September 18, 2011, 11:45:37 am #8 Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 02:37:59 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: pokeytax on September 18, 2011, 11:33:58 amEDIT: Wow, it's too big for the forum attachment system. That doesn't bode well. There's a link to a download before the big picture.

Hahaha.

I recommend changing to a Megaupload primary host.  Sendspace links are deleted within a month, hence why I host EasyVent on Megaupload/Mediafire, despite feeling Sendspace is probably the superior host.

I'll need to see how terrible and bloated what you did is in a few, since from what you said I'm assuming it'll surpass the level of bloated I was expecting by a lot from how you worded that.  :x

EDIT:  Wow, the ":x" face looks fuckin' mean and scary on this forum.

3lric

November 09, 2011, 08:26:11 pm #9 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:03:11 pm by Elric42
As suggested I'm posting this here so that anyone else with these issue can try to learn from my mistakes  :mrgreen:

Ok i only made a few minor changes since i don't want to kill anything that i shouldn't just yet :P I'm going to include some pics of what i did,

I must have missed something because it actually does work sort of, when i try to walk off of Lionel at the world map to get to Bariaus Hill it will instead pull into Lionel at the scene from chapter 2 where you first going into Lionel with Agrias, Ovelia and Ramza and guard stops you at first.. So while this is slightly confusing it is also quite exciting that something DID happen. Maybe not what i wanted to but none the less something did :)

This is what i did, i changed Lionel to Story progress 1

Then i changed Bariaus Hill to story progress 2 and changed the event to 1E sweegy woods since that's what i event i was replacing it with

I'm sure it has something to do with the values that i did not change for Lionel, also one thing that bugs me, what will I do with the original value of 1 and 2 from the vanilla game? will this cause an error if i happen across one of those corresponding points on the map before it has been changed?

3lric

November 11, 2011, 03:40:00 am #10 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:43:08 am by Elric42
Okay so I've successfully created the worldmap for my mod using your Gameflow Editor and it's working perfectly  :mrgreen:,
I'm going to test some side-quests soon and I will let you know if there is are any bugs with that. A couple questions tho.

-Did you ever figure out if a line can be drawn in a direction it wouldn't normally go? For example; if i try to have a line go from
Araguay Woods to Dorter it won't happen and the game will just kind of hang there, however if I make the line go from Dorter to
Araguay then it works fine, not a huge deal i just thought i would ask.

-Now one thing that is causing me some confusion is the Sub-event editor which I believe is the attack.out editor, now the issue
i have is if i go to 03D Miluda 2 to try to edit it to match what i did in raven's spreadsheet (so I don't have to keep repatching my
attack.out every time i have a game flow update). I notice that while in Ravens spreadsheet Miluda is referred to by her unit
number which is this case would be 85, but in your game flow editor she is referred to as Enemy 6, where do you get this value? If i
go into the ENTD she is the first of 6 enemies in the list but i don't know is that has anything to do with it? If you could clear this up
for me i would appreciate it since then i could just use 1 spreadsheet for gameflow/worldmap conditions/attack.out conditions.

pokeytax

November 11, 2011, 08:25:29 pm #11 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:26:50 pm by pokeytax
Quote from: Elric42 on November 11, 2011, 03:40:00 am
-Did you ever figure out if a line can be drawn in a direction it wouldn't normally go? For example; if i try to have a line go from Araguay Woods to Dorter it won't happen and the game will just kind of hang there, however if I make the line go from Dorter to Araguay then it works fine, not a huge deal i just thought i would ask.

Hm, maybe I goofed something up? To be honest I haven't tested this a lot. There might only be animations for the default draws?
Quote from: Elric42 on November 11, 2011, 03:40:00 am
I notice that while in Ravens spreadsheet Miluda is referred to by her unit number which is this case would be 85, but in your game flow editor she is referred to as Enemy 6, where do you get this value?

Well, the first thing I'm going to do is post an edited version that separates the WLDCORE and ATTACK.OUT portions, because it's inexcusable to keep overwriting your ATTACK.OUT just because I was too lazy to do that.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3UN7JNE0

Enemy 1 = 80, Enemy 6 = 85, Enemy 7 = 86, and so on. However, you're right, I would be better off using the plain unit ID. In my naïveté I did not realize these were assigned in the ENTD for easy reference and thought they were created at runtime.

3lric

November 11, 2011, 09:23:30 pm #12 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:29:18 pm by Elric42
Ohh i did not realize that they enemies where counted that way i get it now, but yes this will make it so i atleast don't have to keep swapping my other attack.out in and out because eventually in the confusion of it all i will probably overwrite it lol, so thank you very much for that update.

As for the line drawing, it may be because to my knowledge there was never a line drawn from Araguay to Dorter so that particular animation might simply just not exist, in which case its not a huge deal.

Edit: How will i know which portion I would need to copy now? Since i still only see the one xml tab? I'm probably missing something obvious here lol  EDIT: Never mind i noticed that you set it up so attackout and wldmap conditions show up separately in FFTorgASM now, thank you very much for adding that

Pride

November 11, 2011, 09:38:32 pm #13 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:41:56 pm by Pride
I'm pretty sure you can draw a line anywhere on the map, I've created and erased lines all over the map before.

And you just copy and paste the first column of the xml tab into a notepad, save as a .xml file and put it in the same folder as fftorgasm and patch that way.

Edit: I've never used Pokeytax's excel sheet before. I just have only used Xif's sheet, so it could be an issue with his excel sheet
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

Quote from: Pride on November 11, 2011, 09:38:32 pm
I'm pretty sure you can draw a line anywhere on the map, I've created and erased lines all over the map before.

I'm going to do some more testing on this, I have only found the one place that it did not work on so far and all i did to fix that particular incident was change the line to go from Dorter to Araguay instead of Araguay to Dorter.

You said you've created lines all over the map, have you been able to successfully create a new line somewhere that didn't previously exist in the game? For example drawing a line directly from Lionel to Golgorand? Which would bypass Bariaus Valley?

Pride

There may be a way to do it but when I tried... It didn't work. You probably have to hack something in the game to do it.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

Quote from: Pride on November 12, 2011, 12:00:42 am
There may be a way to do it but when I tried... It didn't work. You probably have to hack something in the game to do it.

Ah i gotchya, its not a big deal right now I'm just trying to get everything nailed down, Story, Events, Worldmap, so that i don't take on to much at once, once i start adding more side-quests other then the 2 planned for Chapter 1 i will experiment with it a bit more and post my results.

Eternal

Hey there, I just tried to make an event require Aries to trigger, but even with Aries, it's not working. Any idea why?

I did:

EqualTo? Aries
Event (event here)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 30, 2011, 11:48:28 pm
Hey there, I just tried to make an event require Aries to trigger, but even with Aries, it's not working. Any idea why?

I did:

EqualTo? Aries
Event (event here)

Eternal, What number did you put after these? 00 or 01
Also if you look at the Goug Events, there is another trigger before it that i believe may have something to do with this, as i have tried this myself.
In otherwords i don't know if it will work as simple as just EqualTo? Aries, You may have to use another command before it, but i can't be sure, since i
haven't successfully managed just how to figure out the sidequests yet