• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:35:06 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Raven's Spreadsheet Shop [LOTS OF BUGFIXES!]

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, June 02, 2011, 10:40:26 pm

The Damned

(Thanks for these, as always.)

Heh, as soon as I saw the Status Coloration Rewrite yesterday, I was immediately tempted to bug you about the geomancy and terrain thing you had mentioned some months ago. However, I held off, partly due to looking up Mini's history--however unlikely it is for me to use it--on the FFWikia and partly due to being "excited" bout Dark/Evil Looking fix. Mostly because of sloth, though.

(I only just noticed its in the XML part now, having skipped over because it's a lot simpler than I expected.)

It would seem that this is one of the few times that my indolence paid off for the better, which seems...odd. However, it's done regardless, so that's one less thing I have to bug you about overall.

At present, I have just two minor questions; I have three, actually, but the third involves asking Celdia something first whenever I'm not feeling so lazy (read: at the end of the year):

1. For those of us (still) unfamiliar with the RGB coloration system (and more used to the everyday [Western] RBY primary coloration "system"), how would one generally go about creating a yellow coloration for status? I don't blame to use that particular coloration for any status myself, but given that I figure I need some yellow to generate an orange coloration...yeah. I figure it would also be good to generally know.

2. Can you explain what the mysterious "Sky" terrain is actually linked to? I can't remember ever encountering any panel in-game that actually used it, which is why I ask. At the same time, I also vaguely remember testing disabusing me of the notion that it's just the "terrain" the character "walks" on in Float(ing) status. I may be incorrect about one or both of those, though, given it's been far too long since I've been able to test anything myself....

As stated above, thanks for all this regardless.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

Sky is its own Terrain type.  I'm not sure which maps actually use it, if any, but it is its own tile type with its own uniquely associated Geomancy.  Has nothing to do with the Float Status, I am fairly certain.

I can't answer your other question if only because I'm unfamiliar with the RGB Color System myself.  You could always start with the settings used by Berserk and slowly tweak that till you get what you want, though.

The Damned

(I see. Hmmm...this gives me an idea....)

Very well.

In thinking about, I actually lied--how surprising--and have a fourth question: Even if one is not using the Elemental skill-set as the primary skill-set for whatever one's Geomancer's counterpart is, one should still make absolutely to keep the abilities that correspond to Geomancy & Counter Flood in the Elemental skill-set, correct?

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

The skills need to be in the Elemental Skillset.  The Elemental Skillset doesn't have to be used anywhere to make Counter Flood work, but the skills themselves must be in the Elemental Skillset.

Vanya

Quote from: The Damned link=topic=7271.msg179832#msg179832
b]For those of us (still) unfamiliar with the RGB coloration system (and more used to the everyday [Western] RBY primary coloration "system"), how would one generally go about creating a yellow coloration for status?[/b] I don't blame to use that particular coloration for any status myself, but given that I figure I need some yellow to generate an orange coloration...yeah. I figure it would also be good to generally know.

I can answer this one being a digital artist.

First off, RGB isn't a "western" system. It's a the system used for combining colors of light as opposed to pigment, aka the "additive color system". Pigment, on the other hand is the "subtractive color system". They're thus called because in the additive system you're adding together wavelengths of emitted light. The subtractive system, on the other hand combines pigments which subtract wavelengths of light from those that they reflect on their own. That why when you combine all three values of RGB you get white, but combining all three values of RYB you get black.

Anywho. R+G=Yellow. If R=255 and G=128 you get orange.
FYI. R+B=Magenta. G+B=Cyan.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

LastingDawn

Now That is impressive! I had no idea we had this data uncovered? So glad to see you're making it easy for anyone to modify now!

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on August 29, 2012, 12:17:14 am
Sky is its own Terrain type.  I'm not sure which maps actually use it, if any, but it is its own tile type with its own uniquely associated Geomancy.  Has nothing to do with the Float Status, I am fairly certain.

Sky is used in one map (two?) If I recall right, it's the terrain type in the Gateway to Murond. I believe that the tiles underneath the entrance portal is called "Sky". Or it might be called "Nothingness". But if there is no Nothingness, Abyss, etc. Then that's where it is used.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

The Damned

(So basically it's used one of the maps you never fight on unless you're playing around with ARENA? Weird, though I can't say I'm surprised.

Although now I wonder why they bother making what's essentially another version of the "Darkness" panels. Perhaps they were intending to use "Sky" somewhere else....)

Sigh. I suspected as much. This means I'll have to find somewhere else to put Terrain Magick, though I still have to screw around with AI's access to skill sets as it is. That requires testing that I still can't do just yet, though....

Anyway, one last thing for now: After I make the changes I want to make, should I make a separate version? Or just "save" over the one that comes in the .rar? I figure that it shouldn't change anything until I plug it in somewhere somehow, but I just want to be sure considering how easily I tend to screw things up.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Quote from: Vanya on August 29, 2012, 05:52:07 pm
I can answer this one being a digital artist.

First off, RGB isn't a "western" system. It's a the system used for combining colors of light as opposed to pigment, aka the "additive color system". Pigment, on the other hand is the "subtractive color system". They're thus called because in the additive system you're adding together wavelengths of emitted light. The subtractive system, on the other hand combines pigments which subtract wavelengths of light from those that they reflect on their own. That why when you combine all three values of RGB you get white, but combining all three values of RYB you get black.

Anywho. R+G=Yellow. If R=255 and G=128 you get orange.
FYI. R+B=Magenta. G+B=Cyan.

I was actually calling the RBY "system" "Western", not the RGB one. Even then, I was only calling it "Western" because I vaguely recall that not every culture uses the "red, blue and yellow are primary colors" schema that people in America and such do.

Still, uh, good to know.

I think I might actually use yellow for something now that I think about it....

Choto

It works just like the other spreadsheets.

-Make changes
-Copy the .XML page
-paste into a FFTorgASM .xml file
-apply via FFTorgASM

RavenOfRazgriz

Enjoy some fucking updates you fucking fuckers.

NEW SHEETS:

Multiplier Editor - bundles some ASMs that snuck unannounced into FFT OrgASM .482 by FDC along with some custom ones by Choto and Secondadvent that allow you to modify almost every multiplier in the game by X/128 to the final damage, reducing rounding errors immensely.  This is (I'm 99% sure) incompatible with Glain's ALL THE ELEMENTS ASM and FFMaster's Oil ASM, though.  If Glain or someone else wants to work with me on adapting said ALL THE ELEMENTS ASM to have all the flexibility of the one included here (FDC's Element Fix 3.0) alongside the ability to edit Oil in the way FFMaster's hack allows, though...

WORLD_MAP_1.00 - Mostly for my own convenience, this fuck is impossible for me to find when I need it otherwise.  Also because it fulfills my completionist's OCD and gives it more face time.

UPDATED SHEETS:

Terrain Editor - Small update, now includes a small area that allows you to adjust the Teleport Success Rate by tile.

Weapon XA Rewrite - big update with Choto's help.  It now contains 4 custom formula instead of 2 (PA*(BR/100)*NakedPA, STAT1*STAT2, STAT1*CONST, and STAT1*STAT2/CONST*STAT3) as well as something a lot of people will enjoy - 01, 02, 06, and 07 now accept a +Y value when used on Abilities, in the same format the CHARGE skillset uses as according to the BMG.  This means you can now more accurately replicate the Charge skillset formula-wise (the Holy Sword formula has a completely different and much harsher / more powerful scaling).

For those who forget, Charge works like this:

[((PA + K) * Br) / 100] * PA
[((PA + K) + (Sp + K)) / 2] * WP
(PA + K) * WP
[((PA + K) * Br) / 100] * WP
(MA + K) * WP
(WP + K) * WP
[(PA / 2 ... PA * 3/2) + K] * WP
[(PA + K) + (MA + K) / 2] * WP
[((PA + K) * Br) / 100] * Naked_PA
(STAT1 + K) * STAT2
(STAT1 + K) * CONST
[((STAT1 + K) * STAT2) / CONST] * STAT3

LastingDawn

Now this is highly convenient! This makes sometimes tedious changes into a much simpler affair, well done!

Art of War

LastingDawn

Being given a couple of hour to play around with this I have to say this is one of the most convenient tools I've used. So much is contained within and because it is a spreadsheet, more can be added. What really sells the Job Spreadsheet is the ability to input Pride's defense hacks from the start, as well as the pre-raw stat editor without any issues. But I am a little confused what UWEntries by Glain is though.

The Item worksheet contains many hacks placed into an easy to understand format that is so simple to understand and change accordingly. Needless to say this ease continues with the other tools as well.

You have really outdone yourself with this Raven, well done!

Art of War

RavenOfRazgriz

To summarize what UWEntries does:

You know how UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN contain the Formation Screen data for recruitable Jobs, and only certain Job IDs have that kind of data allocated for them?  It edits that.

Sounds like you're working on things again though, LastingDawn.  Good to see.

Celdia

So I attempted to use the Terrain editor workbook this morning, modifying nothing but the values in the Geomancy ID column. I applied the XML via FFTorgASM, went to go test my modified Counter Flood but couldn't start a battle. As soon as I hit start to confirm my formation the game would hang. I restored my BATTLE.BIN and SCUS files and instead just dumped the following data into SCUS:

0x04F1D0

F3EAF6F0F0F6F7EAF7ECECECF1F634343434F122F0F722F58883EAF5F522F3F3F7EAF322F022F5F022F6F6F0EF34EF8383838383838383838383838383838383

and the new skills for Counter Flood worked fine, no hanging trying to start the battle. I've attached my modified workbook here if you want to look over it and see if something I did was the problem or if there is an issue with the workbook itself. I had downloaded the latest version of the workbooks before I got started on this.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Choto

I'll look into it and get back to you Celdie.. thanks for the heads up!

Update: I downloaded your book and applied the Terrain edits and everything worked. Did you apply any other hacks from the workbook? If not it may be conflicting with another hack...

Celdia

I didn't apply anything out of that workbook there. Maybe something I was using from an earlier version caused a conflict but when I recovered my BATTLE and SCUS they would have been in exactly the same condition before I made JUST the SCUS changes, which worked fine. I used an older version of the Status and Multiplier workbook to make a single edit to the Wall status. Nothing else I've applied so far comes from one of Raven's workbooks. I'll attach that here too if you want to take a look.

Choto

K, I suspect something's conflicting then. If you can, try to backup your iso/Battlebin/Scus and try to make those same changes you made and see if the problem happens again. If so... or if you don't feel like doing that, send me your Battle.bin and Scus files PRE-workbook, and i'll see if there are hacks where we're trying to write to.

Celdia

So with a little file trading and testing it looks like the conflict is with something exclusive to CCP. Other folks shouldn't have any trouble with this workbook and I can work around the issue since I don't need all of the functionality of it for my project.

A handy tool, regardless of errors with my other hacks. :P

The Damned

(Ugh. Celdia, your current signature....)

Anyway, I should have asked this earlier, but, you know, "sloth" yadda yadda. All of these questions are related to the Multiplier Workbook:

1. First and foremost, can you generate any percentages aside from the ones in the sidebar? Say, for instance, if one wanted to generate 113%? 87%? Would one be able to do either of those? Or is one "stuck" with the percentages given in the side (which are otherwise more than enough)? [Speed UP EDIT: This shows how I'm inflicted with "Always: Slow" considering I just finally got the hex value thing that's explained at the top. I guess for this question to not be totally worthless, then I should ask how the hex thing rounds for these percentages. Is 113% 90h or 91h? Similarly, if 87% 6F or 70h?]

2. The most obvious one comes next: This workbook also isn't compatible with any of the hacks that separately affect any of the things in it, such as the four UPs, correct? Even if you're not using the workbook to affect that one particular thing or more? Say, for instance, that someone wanted to do something else with Float or Martial Arts than what it is currently available. Would there be any errors encountered using this workbook if those things are kept as their original values (in the workbook)? Or would it be apparently that their completely incompatible with other (current) Oil hacks seemingly "just because" (to anyone who didn't work on the workbook)? Or would it depend solely on where & how they're coded?

3. When it comes to that Compatibility Neutralizer, it's only talking about Zodiac compatibility and not elemental "compatibility" as well, right? Furthermore, if one does want to use it, then must it absolutely be an accessory? If it really must be an accessory, then are there any other restrictions to it? For instance, can it also take an Item Attribute besides 00? Can it take P-EV or M-EV?

4. Finally, has anyone tested what happens with the elemental absorbing if one sets it to a percentage other than 100%, specifically lower than 100%? I ask primarily because of the way that the other absorb abilities work with their basically total conversion, even if the hits points aren't actually there. As such, I'm just not sure how the game behaves losing HP seemingly into the ether. Well that and because I just realized you have to keep Resistance and Weakness as essentially inverses of each other if you want to keep from Absorb + Weakness abuse. (Although I'd rather just have Weakness override Absorption at present personally, which isn't an option here.)

Sorry for the blitz and I'm sure some of this utterly obvious. I just figure I might as well try to be thorough and get all out of the way now (before I forget).

RavenOfRazgriz

1. It accepts any percentage that is XX / 80h.  The ones on the sidebar are examples to help you more quickly figure out what the hex for the value you want is and give you a tooltip for finding commonly used values easily.

2. If someone leaves Float "Off", no code is written related to Float.  If you write an ASM for something such as the various UP routines, it rewrites that entire section (obviously).  If you have another ASM you want to use alongside them as well, such as Attack UP making your Attacks deal double to the Undead (random example), you'd  need to make sure it is compatible with this rewrite as well.  This hack isn't compatible with other Oil hacks because the Element Rewrite has its own Oil fix bundled.

3. Zodiac Compatibility only.  It must be an Accessory at this current time.  It can have any other values you want.

4. Absorb with a non-100% multiplies the amount of damage/healing the unit receives in the same way as Weak or Half does.  All it means is that you can make Element Absorb, say, start at 50% Heal/Damage instead of 100% Heal/Damage to simulate all Absorb equipment also having Half bundled without actually bundling Half onto them - so that gear that actually Halves Elements will further Half it to 25%, etc.  It's kind of simple really considering it works the exact same way as everything else...