• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:07:14 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

OLD - Journey of the 5 Demo

Started by 3lric, August 10, 2012, 09:41:05 pm

3lric

August 10, 2012, 09:41:05 pm Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:16:20 am by Elric

Okay so it's finally time, we have a demo for everyone to play!

Now, just know, this is only a very small section of Chapter 1. This is basicly what I like to
call the intro, tho it's rather long to be called that. Then again Chapter 1 itself uses over 150 event slots,
so what do I know.

This includes events passing what was shown in our teaser as well as 3 playable battles.

I would like to write more and to thank my entire team and all that, but they already know I love them,
and I would much rather just release this damn demo already so you guys can play it, rather than spending
another hour typing shit out.

So quickly, to my team. Awesome work everyone! We've come very far to get to this point,
and once the rest of the ASM's are finished as well as the balancing we can finally make the full Chapter 1 release.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

REPORT ALL BUGS IMMEDIATELY!!

-Items reset after second battle
-Fire arrow can be used with sword XD
-DO NOT USE FRAME SKIPPING ANYWHERE NEAR DANTE'S INTRO. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
-IF you use PSXFin, you may get a crash on Dante's intro. For best results, use any other emulator,
or console. As (for now) this seems to be purely an issue with PSXFin.

DEMO

VanishMantle did a stream of the demo. Watch it HERE

Barren did a video playthru of the demo. Watch it HERE

:wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark: :wark:
  • Modding version: PSX

Durbs

Best part is that this is just scratching the surface of the game. :mrgreen: Now we just need to power through and finish this thing.

Vanish Mantle

Woot! My first post on FFH. This has to be my most anticipated project and I plan to give this demo a play-through ASAP. I will most definitely be streaming this as well.

Words cannot describe how excited I am for this project. Thanks Elric and all who are involved in this project.

MountainDew~

Fun stuff. Looks like it's shaped up to be well worth the wait. Can't really test for many "bugs" skills-wise, seeing as how I only learned 1/character, and never got to use them.
Didn't have much issue difficulty-wise, no graphical problems in the cutscenes... Nicely done everyone!

I don't like Ramza's beard, but that's a personal issue :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dante

DarkShade

The map is good, game play was really good, also another emulator problem. If anyone uses PSX Even which is differemt than PSXFin an error happens after watching Dante's Intro. just wanted you to know this. Also when I was using Whirlwind Blade, the background went black for the rest of the fight, but didn't really mess the game up.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

3lric

Well, in the first battle, the background goes black before the fight starts, because it starts raining.

But anyway, I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the demo :)
It wont be to long before you can play the entire chapter  :mrgreen:

Xifanie

Quote from: Elric on August 11, 2012, 02:15:40 pm
Well, in the first battle, the background goes black before the fight starts, because it starts raining.

On that note, I always heard the rain... but never saw it. o_O
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

August 11, 2012, 02:52:45 pm #9 Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:31:26 pm by Elric
Yea, I'mnot sure why that happens either, cuz with other emulator settings I can see it, I will look in attack.out for a bit today.

I know I also need to stop the weather in the victory event, so you cant hear in at the save screen.

EDIT: Also 1000th POST!! \o/

Barren

Looking forward to playing it. Expect the demo vid to be on youtube sometime tomorrow :)
You dare cross blades with me?

3lric

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Barren on August 11, 2012, 03:29:53 pm
Looking forward to playing it. Expect the demo vid to be on youtube sometime tomorrow :)

Wohoo, Barren going for some JoT5 action, i like it. :D

Also, i don't remember if when i played that rain stuff, but in ePSXe everything seems to be working well except for the bugs we already know.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

zaiahboy21

damn this demo is dope as hell!!!!! to bad its short, it only took 20 min. cant wait for more :)

Joseph Strife

Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Durbs

Quote from: Elric on August 11, 2012, 02:52:45 pm
EDIT: Also 1000th POST!! \o/

Oh, stop showing off. >_<
(Grumbles about being here longer)

jk, we all love you.

MiKeMiTchi

Enjoy the demo, everyone! Do not worry if you find the demo short. There's a lot more in store for Jot5 Chapter 1 than just epic introductions. ;3

And yeah, report bugs you've found. Also, feedback is very well appreciated! Sharing your opinions will make Jot5 multiple times better. :)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

RavenOfRazgriz

I have no clue how the hell anyone could complete this demo in 20 minutes unless playing at 120-180 FPS and skipping all the text.  Playing at 60 FPS, knowing how to flawlessly beat every battle, skipping through text, and using save states through each battle, it still takes me longer than that to beat the demo.

Being short is the one thing I never expected mentioned. x.x;

MiKeMiTchi

Come to think of it, the 1st battle alone took almost an half hour for me.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

MountainDew~

He was probably exaggerating, but it wasn't too short. It felt like CoP Ch:1 in length (to me).
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363