• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:25:59 pm

Transform Spell?

Started by Jubei1986, July 02, 2011, 08:26:42 am

Jubei1986

Hi, im still very new to hacking, and just had a question of if this is even possible. Is it possible to have a spell to transform your character mid battle? say a knight into a monster of some sort? or like a legend of dragoon type of transformation into a more armored version of a sprite? And was wondering if it was possible to do it without an event, say with the use of the frog spell's formula but change the frog sprite into something else. Im sure this is a very noob question but just wondering if it is possible and how much ASM hacking is needed or if everything is just hardcoded.

Eternal

You can replace the Malboro's sprite sheet to something else and edit Malboro Spores to turn a unit into something, but the transformation is permanent.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RedWorld

D'aaaaaawwwwww~

Jubei, I had the same question too for Chocohumes and such. I was hoping to change them to Chocobos and after running out of MP, make them turn back to their human form. Yeah, that's too bad it's permanent. ><

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Jubei1986

I haven't messed with that skill in a while, but when it converts you into a marlboro, does it give you the malboro skillset as well? or do you keep the characters skillset?

Celdia

The transformed unit becomes a Malboro as if they had been Invited to your party as one. Nothing of their former jobs remains.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Jubei1986

Ok sweet, thats exactly what i need! thank you!

Jubei1986

Ok for some reason I've tried everything with this formula and it just doesnt seem to be working. If someone could please try it and if you figure it out please let me know...Ive only been playing with the patcher so if theres more that needs to be done please inform me. Thanks

Eternal

You need to replace the Malboro's spritesheet with something else in Shishi.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Xifanie

There needs to be a unit of the same spreadsheet already present in that battle. That's why only malboros can transform humans into malboros; else you end up with a glitched up sprite... you will still be able to control the unit normally; it will just be ugly.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jubei1986

i tried both what eternal said and xifanie, but the problem im getting is that when i use the skill, the animation goes and it shows 100% but my sprite does not change. Its like only the animation triggers and not the actual effect.

LastingDawn

Is the unit a special or unique? It only works on generic units if memory serves me right.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Jubei1986

i tried with both and your right it doesn't seem to work on specials. So now i got to to change sprite, but it just turns the generic invisible now! lol i tried doing something with the same spritesheet in the battle and still turns invisible. must be something im still missing...