• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:54:22 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Anyone know...

Started by Jubei1986, August 09, 2011, 10:23:02 am

Jubei1986

if theres a finished sprite of this anywhere? found this with a bunch of other base sprites somewhere in these forums and would absolutely love to use this sprite in a patch of mine..

Kagebunji

No portrait.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jubei1986

very nice! thank you! ya i guess i can attempt to do a portrait although is suck at anything pertaining to art! thanks again though kage!

CONMAN

Holy crap! BOF3 ryu! One of my most fondly remembered games! Out of 1,3,4 (the ones I played) easily the favorite.  The gene system for his dragons kicked ass!
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Yes, I liked BoF3 a lot as well. However this sprite could use fixes, it is flat all over.

CONMAN

I don't remember seeing this sprite before, and I thought I had surveyed pretty much this whole site! 

There are so many great looking sprites on this website that never got completed.  This has made me wonder how much time should pass for a sprite that hasn't been touched before some one decides to take it over and finish it?  It would be really rude to try take something on that has just been on some one's back burner.

Perhaps there should be some kind of formal time frame at which some one's (at least non-active members) sprite becomes up for grabs?  Obviously the originator should still get credit.

Finishing a sprite can be a lot faster than starting one from scratch.  Clearly I think more finished sprites are better for the community.  Magus, for example really just needs a portrait. (my own private attempt blows!)
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

It doesn't matter how long something is abandoned, if it is not in the works(i.e., ditched and won't be continued), you just take it up without asking and finish it, just make sure to give some credit. There are many sprites like that on the site. Browse every(literally) topic in spriting to find some neat concepts.

GeneralStrife

This is from way back, way back stuff wasn't always as up to snuff, if you look back far enough crits are much much much less hard.

Jubei1986

Quote from: CONMAN on August 09, 2011, 11:57:52 am
Holy crap! BOF3 ryu! One of my most fondly remembered games! Out of 1,3,4 (the ones I played) easily the favorite.  The gene system for his dragons kicked ass!

agree completely! i loved the gene system to! im trying to use the malboro spores spell ( the one that changes you to a malboro ) and use a dragon sprite instead of a malboro sprite, sort of like a transformation spell for ryu if i can finish this sprite, and if it is even possible to do. keep trying till i come up with something... on another note, i wouldnt mind seeing more BOF3 sprites such as rei or garr FFT style lol

Jubei1986

A female scholar sprite lurking around anywhere? I know the male sprite is in the collections, but was wondering if there was a female counterpart?

Kagebunji

No, Jimmy was concepting one, but never got out of that phase. Maybe once he comes back he will do it. So no, for now there is nothing like Female Scholar here.

Jubei1986

ZeroMalboro

I tried to put this sprite in psp fft but the colors got all messed up, how can I fix that?