• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFX FFT monster job point check/always know all available abilities

Started by Talcall, January 03, 2020, 06:49:00 pm

Talcall

I looked through through the data table locations and WORLD.BIN on the wiki and i couldn't find anything about monsters not earning jp, knowing all abilities available, or about a job wheel check (i saw that for special monsters but not generic ones? and i think that was just about sprite's being greyed out anyway (WORLD.BIN, 0x00122262)), and i was wondering if any of these really were known about.
(I also figure that there won't be enough room for me to do jobs for all monsters, so I'm mostly going to stick to yellow chocobos, and maybe only give them 3 or 4 jobs at most.)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Xifanie

Try to breakpoint on write for a specific job's total or current JP and then in that routine you should see a check for gender being male/female I would guess. It's pretty easy to create a breakpoint for this stuff I can help you get the address to breakpoint on if you need.

Though we have a lot of stuff documented so far, we don't have every routine catalogued, and we don't have everything with notes. I personally never documented anything because I'm ASM dyslexic, but I'm super thankful to Glain and Choto who did most of that work because it's such an invaluable resource.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Talcall

right, I will try to breakpoint the routine. i should be mostly fine to find the address. thank you
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall

Talcall

a new problem arises, there is only job point data for the human jobs, which i think may be why monsters can't earn jp. this may necessitate either moving everything in the data table to make space for the few jobs i wanted to add and editing everything that jumps to or references the data table after unit data, or i could add unit data to the end of the data table and add checks to everything referencing job points. the latter seems arguably easier? but not having to add checks to everything also seems easier?
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall

Xifanie

Yeah, you know, you're going to have to clearly describe just what you want to accomplish... another job wheel for all monsters? One job wheel with 3 jobs per monster type?

All I can say right now is that you're not adding anything at the end of any table unless you want to be working on this for the next 10 years.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Talcall

January 04, 2020, 12:08:36 am #5 Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:27:53 am by Portalenthusiast
apologies. another job wheel for monsters. and probably just yellow chocobos as i can already see problems arising if I'm using multiple generic classes as the same branching point, i.e., base job becoming corrupt.
and duly noted, i will not be adding to the end of the table.

I'm going to start simpler than making 15 jobs for them, at yellow chocobo lvl 2 leads to chocobo knight.
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall