• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:08:52 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Accumulate Question

Started by Snap006, June 09, 2011, 11:48:03 am

Snap006

I've searched but haven't found a clear answer. I've switched accumulate to the geomancer skill set. I've changed the skill set from elemental to default. Whenever my character goes to use it, he doesn't target himself. He targets one panel outside himself. Here is the weird part. Enemies can use it just fine. Anyone knows what's up or have run into this? If so, is there a fix. I can send screen shots later when I get home if that would help. Thanks.

Snap006

Here are some screen shots

RavenOfRazgriz

Geomancy is a hardcoded skillset, so you can't edit it with FFTPatcher alone.  You need to use Xifanie's Generic Skillset Fix, for which you can find a handy spreadsheet to help you along with here.

Use the spreadsheet, set Geomancy's reference in it to 05, and apply the hack with a hex editor where told.  Set Geomancy to <Default> in FFTPatcher.  Add the skills you want to it, learn them, and equip the skillset.  Then it should work.  If you have trouble, just ask for help.

Snap006

How do I insert it in FFTorgASM?

Snap006

Alright. I've gotten this far. I copied from the spread sheet, and into the highlighted part in the hex editor the two fields that are supposed to be copied over. Whenever I use the technique in battle it freezes up. Is there anything I'm leaving out.

RavenOfRazgriz

1.  Your spreadsheet is displaying incorrect values for some reason.  It should look like my attachment at the bottom of this post.  I'm not sure if it's a conversion between OpenOffice or Excel, if you broke something, or if the spreadsheet is glitched that's causing that error though, because mine is working fine.

2.  Make sure you're using the Write command (Ctrl+W, if memory serves) when adding the code in via a Hex Editor and not the Paste command (Ctrl+V).  You will get ridiculous errors if you use the latter.  If you did happen to paste it in, get a fresh Battle.Bin and use the Write command instead.

Snap006

I think the problem was I was cutting and pasting. The numbers shown in excel are different because it's actually doing a formula to input all the F values instead of just showing them. I'll try the write command tonight to see if it works. Thanks.

Snap006

What hex editor are you using? Every one I use closes the program with ctrl w. I even tried winhex.

Snap006

Now I feel like an idiot lol. Thanks for the help. I'll try it when I get home.

Snap006

I still get a freeze when the skill is used. Here are the list of skills I have for the elemental job class. I turned him into a berserker. Will any of these other abilities give me problems? I can drop accumulate if that is the only one affecting it.

RavenOfRazgriz

Have you tried using the other abilities?  None of them should be giving you problems.

Make sure your copy is correctly copying the data as hex as well, and fix it if it's not.  In your screenshot, the bottom hex is being turned into some crazy decimal when it shouldn't be.

In the Actions Menu, make sure Elemental is set to <Default>, in case you didn't save that change after screenshotting it and didn't check it to be sure.  Sometimes it's just the stupidest little thing that screws everything up.