• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:10:59 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Multiplayer item replacing

Started by Zebra, April 26, 2014, 06:53:30 pm

Zebra

I know this question has been asked a billion times before, but it seems I can't get a clear answer from the search function.

I know you HAVE to replace other items if you want to use multiplayer ones but HOW? As far as I know you can't put them in shops, can't force guest characters to have them, can't put them as hidden treasure, can't make them stealable with fttpatcher  ect ect because of the extra byte

So that leaves hex editing It seems.  Or maybe it's just kept a secret because eternal was able to do it in his hack(and 1.3 I think)  Does anyone know how? Does it matter What item I overwrite(like eye drops or something) or does it have to be in the same category.  I want to make them steal able from the special wotl encounters among other things.  Thanks.

3lric

If you are editing WotL then (like Eternals patch that you spoke of) then all you should have to do is put them on the characters in the
ENTD, that's what he did.

Of course, this could only be done on WotL and not the PSX version.

I know this is the case, since if you look in the ENTD for WotL, you can see the Multiplayer missions, and they have that equipment.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Actually, the multiplayer items can't be placed in the ENTD at all. Even Balthier's Ras Algethi gun doesn't display properly in the Patcher. I just replaced existing, rarely used/non-relevant items with the Multiplayer items and forced those into the ENTDs. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zebra

Quote from: Eternal on April 26, 2014, 09:50:38 pm
Actually, the multiplayer items can't be placed in the ENTD at all. Even Balthier's Ras Algethi gun doesn't display properly in the Patcher. I just replaced existing, rarely used/non-relevant items with the Multiplayer items and forced those into the ENTDs. :)

Any instructions for that or do I figure it out myself?

Eternal

Basically, you replace the traits of a weapon you want to replace (like, say, Mythril Knife) with the traits of a multiplayer weapon. Same for Shields, Armor, and Accessories. It's just a bunch of copy/paste and some data entry. Took me a few hours to do.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zebra

Quote from: Eternal on April 26, 2014, 10:19:38 pm
Basically, you replace the traits of a weapon you want to replace (like, say, Mythril Knife) with the traits of a multiplayer weapon. Same for Shields, Armor, and Accessories. It's just a bunch of copy/paste and some data entry. Took me a few hours to do.

Ah, so you cannot overwrite items of different categories then.  Whelp guess its time to find the weapons/armor I use the least.