• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:45:12 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

The "throwing ideas at the air" thread

Started by Grandy, June 11, 2008, 09:08:46 pm

Grandy

June 11, 2008, 09:08:46 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
I have many ideas for stuff to do for FFT that I just don't do, mostly ideas for sprites unfinished. So I'll vent them off here. Anyone else feel free to as well.

- Street Fighters sprites, mostly Ken, Ryu, Sagat and Blanka.
 - Creating an shock animation for Blanka that attacks everyone around him.
 - Overlord Laharl sprites, hey the Flare animation could even be used for Overlord's Wrath.
 - Making a working whip weapon.
 - Indiana Jones to go with the mentioned whip weapon.
 - Making an sterytipe englishman job named "Gentleman", who for some reason can only equip samurai swords.
 - Making a Mario and a Luigi sprites to substitute the male and female lancers. Figuring out how to make female lancers to scream like males if I succed.
 - Creating a spritesheet with a diferent animation. Making a time mage look like he's floating, for example (not as in with the "Float" effect, in which he is still walking, but in the air... it's hard to explain what I mean)
 - Making Lego versions of the characters. Because.
 - Leonidas, with the "Yell" attack, and make it that when he uses Yell, a spell text appears with "Tonight. We dine. In hell!" That'd be awesome, if a bit old.
 - Jack Sparrow, whom can equip guns and swords, plus would have the "Steal" command, but with a terrible low rate at "Steal heart"
 - Maybe a tome Lord Zetta monster. Should be easy even to just copy/paste his sprites from Makai Kingdom into a monster sheet and call it a day.

Archael

June 11, 2008, 09:47:41 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I dont think this belongs in the SPAM section

:P

Grandy

June 11, 2008, 10:11:56 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Grandy
Well, it's not a project nor something I'm taking seriously, so yeh, I think it is  for the spam section.

Hana

June 12, 2008, 06:44:12 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Hana
I have a thought regarding the floating without walking thing. Dark/Evil Looking comes to mind, in which your unit stops walking in place. It'd go great for Black Mages, all evil and dark and floating....>_> Just a thought.
Of course, you could utilize  Dark/Evil Looking if it could be modified to not darken the sprite, so that time mages could have that innate as well as float innate. No modification of the sprite sheet necessary. ^_^
I'll leave thinking up witty signatures to the prose.

Xifanie

June 12, 2008, 08:58:19 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
- Curving the katana blades (when striking; they're totally straight!)
- Making every random battle have a boss that will drop money and/or treasure. And as they will have ??? stats, equip them stuff to steal too! Like Elixirs and stuff. The 1st hand could be the "common" steal and 2nd rare the "rare" one... I heard it wasn't affecting their physical attacks.
- Making all bosses (wiegraf, rofl, miluda, etc) with ??? stats and lower their multiplier accordingly.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

June 27, 2008, 06:38:01 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Adjusting the Katana blades doesn't sound like too big of problem to fix.

Here's my idea:  I'd like there to be a colosseum.  Voldemort is creating a lot of challenging random battles, and I would like to see them appear in colosseum type map.  I don't know how far we've gotten in setting height dimensions and such, but I'm sure if that could be set up, we could just skin it using tiles from other maps (i.e. Nelveska Temple).

Cheetah

June 27, 2008, 07:04:47 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Some of the training tutorial maps would actually work pretty well for this too. Though it would be cool to do a colosseum map.
Current Projects:

Dormin Jake

June 27, 2008, 08:08:58 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
With regards to the nonexistent Blanka sprite, would Wave Around's animation work for his shock attack?  I seem to remember little lightning bolts being involved.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Bastard Poetry

June 28, 2008, 04:54:09 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Mario and Luigi, eh?
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Nevarie

June 30, 2008, 06:42:37 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Nevarie
This seemed like the most appropriate place to put this.

Graphic 38, Palette 4 - The PINK Spear.  :lol: still got the giggles from seeing it.

boomerangfish

July 15, 2008, 07:53:09 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomerangfish
I second the Leonidas idea!

Zozma

July 15, 2008, 08:40:57 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
lol just use the mario rpg sprite it uses diagnol directions too
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Zozma

July 20, 2008, 06:14:28 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
I'd like the idea of finding a way to create "cursed" weapons
by that i mean that once equipped cannot be removed.
only for the purpose of having guests with weapons or items i dont want you to be able to get too early...

also you know how the undead things like mages and archers can't change jobs? it would be nice to have the option to make it so you can switch that on or off with the patcher... that thing where you can't un-equip them is my main reason. i have a few things i want to do differently with guests.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!