• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:18:33 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Celia and Lede sprites 39 and 3A

Started by RandMuadDib, July 04, 2010, 08:56:44 pm

RandMuadDib

Alright i've scoured the forums as best i could, but have been unable to find a conclusive answer to the usability of these sprite/job slots. These are the celia/lede sprites marked as (Never Used) in FFTPatcher. I attempted to use them to get tifa and sephiroth into my game, and got some fail. I made sure that tifa was sprite and job 39 and sephiroth was sprite and job 3A, but the sephiroth job had the tifa sprite and the tifa job had a squire sprite...

I don't know if i did something wrong or if these slots are simply unusable. After consolidating agrias and gaffgarion down to one sprite/job each, i replaced the newly open sprites with tifa and sephiroth and they seem to work perfectly (although some of the story events use the new sprites as well, i think i missed some when consolidating in the ENTD).

Any help would be appreciated, there are a few more characters i wouldnt mind getting but i think i've run out of sprites to consolidate.

Thanks!
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Xifanie

Make sure you paste over the right sprites. Melonhead's list in shishi starts with 00 when it should actually start with 01. So all the list is off by 1 sprite.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

RandMuadDib

Hey good call that may well have been the problem. On the other hand, would that explain my game crashing when trying to change sephiroth's job when i was checking for bugs?

Zozma

these sprites dont appear properly in the menu, correct?

just so you know, Celia's unit.bin sprite's default assignment crashes the game in most cases...
it is possible to change which unit.bin sprite is assigned to that slot via hex editor tho
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

RandMuadDib

Ah Hah! Thank you much. perhaps i will try that out if someone ever finishes the disgaea sprites i've heard someone was working on.

Zozma

i remember that i assigned the generic dancer unit.bin sprite to those numbers to avoid the glitch

RandMuadDib

would you be willing to point me to the forum that explains how to do this? I've tried to find it but am confused. The UNIT.BIN sticky thread in the spriting forum confuses me, all i see are a bunch of numbers and names.

EDIT: Okay so i think i kind of understand now. So i would open up WORLD.BIN with my favorite hex editor, look for the address 0xADE34 as the starting address for the special characters. This address corresponds to job/sprite zero, so 0xADE35 would be chapter 1 ramza, and 0xADE6E would correspond to Celia (Never Used) and 0xADE6F would be Lede (Never used). I would then change those values to the values of the unit.bin sprites i want to use for them? And to do the same thing for zalbaag i would use address 0xADE3C?

If this is right or wrong, please tell me. If its right, then i'm not a complete moron, and if its wrong it just means i have a lot to learn.

Zozma