• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:15:32 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Asian Realms

Started by GuoJia, April 04, 2014, 06:46:40 am

GuoJia

I have thoughts of an asian themed game. There are many asian ideas that have been either forgotten, underused or just plain ignored.. And i don't mean tigers and pagodas, i'm talking about literary devices such as a story without names like in the book "The tale of Kenji" or all of the extrememly meticulous ceremonies and customs which were omitted from translated versions of the Four Great Chinese Novels... There are many more devices such as these that i think would be very interesting to reintroduce into modern literature (more specifically gaming, yes i consider gaming to be literature)

I am considering making a story based on such elements as well as the general asian aesthetic and would even hope to produce a game/patch out of it, but of course i cannot hope to achieve this alone.. Would anyone be interested? Or has anyone in fact already begun developing such ideas?

Xifanie

Once you've produced something interesting, people will want to help with it. If you ask for help before getting started, it's just begging to get people involved and disappointing them all (if anyone even bothers).
Show that you're capable of creating something good... because otherwise, good luck getting anywhere with just talk.

Not to mention your idea is very vague and undeveloped, but that's the least of your concerns. Only having ideas won't do you any good either.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

It's harsh, but it's true. Especially with the current state of the community, where those who contribute more than ideas already have multiple projects on their plate. By no means is this meant to be discouraging, but to get any tangible support, you first need to create something tangible. Think of it like a sales pitch to a board of directors; insubstantial theory without presentation will go ignored, but present some pretty pictures with informed data in a presentation, and you'll garner interest, even if it's all in the early stages.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

GuoJia

I'll try my best and see what i can do then.. Hopefully something can be managed and steam will pick up from there.. I just figured that there weren't enough games with a setting in china/india/japan.. I hope i'll be able to get something done..