• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:42:36 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by Barren, August 29, 2016, 09:46:38 pm

Barren

Lol that was pretty cute skiploom. That poor Butterfree.

Still it's different then how you usually end your Pokémon videos lol.

Actually I happen to catch a 2 shiny hoppips within a hour of horde training when I was playing X. I was thinking maybe I could nickname it after you??
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

skiploom188

September 21, 2016, 07:13:45 am #101 Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:24:19 am by Barren
I'm glad you liked it Barren, thanks! I figured that I wanted to do a different style for the video since we are on Swiss style so I went for an ending that would reflect this type of tournament. Where both teams battle for the wins instead of a battle to the death. At least that's what I think. HA I'm putting too much thought into this.

A shiny Hoppip named after me? I would like that! So will you evolve it to Skiploom or all the way to Jumpluff? Because keeping it as a Skiploom from Lv 27 onwards will be a big responsibility (Pressing B everytime it levels up).
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Barren

Quote from: skiploom188 on September 21, 2016, 07:13:45 am
I'm glad you liked it Barren, thanks! I figured that I wanted to do a different style for the video since we are on Swiss style so I went for an ending that would reflect this type of tournament. Where both teams battle for the wins instead of a battle to the death. At least that's what I think. HA I'm putting too much thought into this.

A shiny Hoppip named after me? I would like that! So will you evolve it to Skiploom or all the way to Jumpluff? Because keeping it as a Skiploom from Lv 27 onwards will be a big responsibility (Pressing B everytime it levels up).

once i get a picture i'll upload it

skiploom188

I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Elmdork

Quote from: skiploom188 on September 21, 2016, 12:58:29 am
Bad news and Good News:

BAD NEWS:
I want to explain my situation if it is okay. I can't make the animations like I used to because it's been a busy couple of months lately (I'm studying abroad). Not only that, even if I tried all my tools/materials are scattered everywhere (Powerpoint I use is from someone else's laptop, Video conversion I can only do in school because there's Adobe Premiere in most of the computers, and if I want to upload it I can only do it at home because school internet is sooo slow. So in other words, home and school have to work together if I want to get even one video done. The stars are there, but not totally aligning...

GOOD NEWS:
I hope you enjoy this video  :mrgreen:

Match 59 - synth vs Barren (How it Ended)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF7TAyMI0Q8

That was too awesome, skip. Totally wasn't expecting any animations this year :p
Even though it's not your usual tools, I think you got better as a designer, the zirekile falls looked great! Well, it all looked and sounded great, got a few good laughs out of it too. Particularly awesome depiction of barren's team.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Kurosabes

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Gaignun

Was that Butterfree holding a FS Bag?  He was only a schoolboy!  Barren how could you?

Barren

skiploom188

It's a girl? No worries. In fact it adds a nice ring to it considering its color.

I hope it continues to grow and would stay in your roster without ever evolving (<< asking for too much). I know it really doesn't suit as a long term companion because it's not fully evolved, cannot learn HM moves, and has 5 weaknesses. Please bear with it. Thank you for showing me my favorite pokemon ever. 

One more thing: Keep it out of Ice types ;)

Anima Zero

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Kashkabald

Hi!

Tune in at http://twitch.tv/FFTArena for more matches, specifically matches nº 68-71!

Going live as soon as I finish setting this up

Mudvayne

Corosar

I was really really worried i would have gotten skunked in this tournament. I really hope no one else goes through that. but none the less it is a bit of a relief. Eternal definitely had the higher power. but with my team i tried to design it with redundancies everywhere to try and cancel out damage. Moogle Bloodsword Chakra and Cure 3. With revive Fairy and raise. i am always worried about a unit going down and it being my last reviver. When i have the room to actually keep half the team out of combat range. This team seems to do better. I hope after the tournament to try and revise this team a bit. make it more. combat ready. Still none the less. I hope eternal's next match goes alot better for him
GG eternal.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

From what I read on discord it appears that the schedule for the hosts to do their matches hasn't been the greatest lately. If neither TrueLight or CT5Holy can do the next batch of matches I can help out with doing the next portion of matches whenever I get free time from college.

I am doing pretty good so far without any real struggle of some sort. So If I am needed please let me know and I will do what I can to help again.

gatebuster202

• Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Shintroy

Stalling Mime vs Burst Faith
Went into this knowing it was a bad match up (Still wishing I had white robe). The only answer against spell gunners I have is steal weapon, and since it's paired with an item user it's less likely to happen due to how passive item units act.

R1 - Map 97 again. Horrible starting position for me. My units were stuck under the tunnel structure for half of the match making the team split up into pairs. It was in gatebuster's favor up until his scholar or time mage kept going down. The loop was broken when the time mage finally got a turn and stopped the mediator. 70 faith? GG. Steal weapon sealed this round.
At no point should pausing during a match be allowed in tournament Gatebuster didn't comment on it live so there was no need to restart then and there. He could've done it if he wanted to though. I would've even with a lead. Too bad I'm not around when the stream is live.

R2 - Map 84, B. Hill. I didn't comment on the map being wrongfully labeled due to this being a bad match up for me. Both maps were either small or medium. We'll get into maps after the tournament or at least before the next. No more depending on one person to categorize things

Actual R2 - Mutual death loops and another steal weapon to seal it. What more needs to be said? The deciding point of the match is my archer and mime forcing gatebuster's team into support mode healing the lancer. It allowed my time mage and chemst to get in range and gain momentum.

GG. Gatebuster we both had the same idea with glacier gun being the best gun this season. Stop protection and ice absorb on accessory? More reasons to rebalance accessories so that they don't match up with weapons (Ice Bow adds Stop).
Some day my people will be free.