• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:42:32 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

No PPSSPP.ini file?

Started by Balbanes, November 05, 2013, 08:30:23 am

greaterfiend

November 22, 2015, 03:00:44 am #20 Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:58:39 am by Nyzer Reason: Changing the title to avoid people thinking it's a Lion Editor help thread.
How do you change the specific file .ini?  I cannot find any for specific saves, and when I redownloaded ppsspp, it didn't even have a ppsspp.ini file.

Angel

It won't have ppsspp.ini until you run it once.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

xGnarlyCharlie

I know this is an old topic, but im new and trying to work with lioneditor. I got it working to the point where i would change the name back to FFTA.sys, and when i do ppsspp cant seem to find it as a valid file. everything worked fine up to this point. ive spent a good time researching online and have had no luck. Anyone encounter this?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Raijinili

My first thought is Linux permission errors, but unless you put the file in the folder in a weird way, it should have the proper permissions.

Does copying the original file (which you backed up, right?) to the folder work? If so, you may have made a mistake in patching the file.

Did you make sure to make PPSSPP save decrypted saves?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

plasma27

Hi. I used the lion editor and did all the steps but when I enter a battle ppsspp crashes. Any remedy about this? Thank you.

Raijinili

What you've described is not enough to take a guess on.

You shouldn't post an unrelated problem on someone else's problem topic. Though the topic creator should've also used a better title description.

plasma27

I posted my problem here because its lion editor related. Until now it still crashes.

Pixelsfalling

I know I'm a little bit late, but I am having some trouble.
I have been able to do all the steps, but when I try to Rename Lionditor.bin back to FFTA.SYS I can't get it to change back to a sys file.
  • Modding version: WotL

Raijinili

QuoteI posted my problem here because its lion editor related.

This is not a general thread for problems about Lion Editor. The original poster just didn't use descriptive titling. That's one reason why people need to use descriptive titling.

Should there be a Lion Editor thread? Or should this be turned into that thread?

QuoteUntil now it still crashes.

There is STILL not enough information to even GUESS what's wrong. You need to give more details about what you've done, and what exactly happens when it goes wrong, and at what step it goes wrong.

What probably happened is that you edited something wrong. But there are many ways for it to go wrong. You just need to try again and be more careful and attentive about WHAT you're changing. If needed, do a few changes at a time, so that you can narrow down which changes are causing the problem.

QuoteI have been able to do all the steps, but when I try to Rename Lionditor.bin back to FFTA.SYS I can't get it to change back to a sys file.

You probably need to change your Folder Options in Windows to "Always Show Extensions of Known Filetypes".

Or you can do this in the Windows Explorer folder of the file you want to rename:
1. Press Ctrl+D.
2. Type "cmd" and press Enter.
3. In the command prompt that pops up, type "ren Lioneditor.bin FFTA.SYS".

You should really learn the first way, though.

Punkioinapit713

Hello, I am using a PSP and wanted to know how to use lionEdit. Everytime I try to get it going it says US file not found or something of that nature. Please Help.
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

-Leonardo da Vinci
  • Discord username: Punkioinapit713