• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

Quote from: Hyraldelita on July 05, 2015, 01:35:36 am
i'm reading some posts.. yea everything is cool but where the hello do i download this patch? XD
I can't find any link here

Go to the topic FFT Arena Beta 1.39c. You'll find the download there
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Elmdork

Thanks again for hosing matches, Behemoth! Nice to see some regular season stuff going on, and it will become more necessary as the tournament thins out. Lots of great new teams, barren seem to be drawing a lot of inspiration lately. Bunch of solid new teams on his end, herobal is putting together some decent stuff too.

GG, herobal. It'll help to give units like rock something to chew on while your team works up some statii/buffs. The mediator has some nice defensive options.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Heroebal

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on July 05, 2015, 09:30:24 am
Thanks again for hosing matches, Behemoth! Nice to see some regular season stuff going on, and it will become more necessary as the tournament thins out. Lots of great new teams, barren seem to be drawing a lot of inspiration lately. Bunch of solid new teams on his end, herobal is putting together some decent stuff too.

GG, herobal. It'll help to give units like rock something to chew on while your team works up some statii/buffs. The mediator has some nice defensive options.

Yeah I've been tinkering with finger guard on the scholar since she has DO to fall back on when out of mp. It gives her room for like Bizen boat (but she keeps taking out the priests mp with it >.<). I've been wondering maybe an item-bot mime might be better than the priest on SFSF, but I already have one on biebes team.

dw6561

That's a pretty well designed team there, Heroebal. Those thieves were pretty dang resilient. My team could have attacked a lone thief at multiple points in that first round and won if it weren't for Lisa spamming petrify. The AI thought they had won but it kept missing. Also, my team was frantically trying to sandbag, but those thieves were just so fast. Looked pretty promising at the beginning though, we just couldn't finish the job.

I don't really know what to say about the second round because it was a complete slaughter of both sides. Missing that sleep was kind of a bummer, but at that point I was done anyway.

GG.

• Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Reks

I have obtained Camtasia. Look forward to a few starting videos after the weekend, because I have work late today and early tomorrow.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Reks

Reks Civil War

First video is up.

Just a test to see how well things run with Camtasia and if I need to change anything.

Sound was cut for awkward reasons (left mic running, family barged in).

Awkward mousepointer.

And a slightly altered We Are The Warriors that I was messing with. Prefer the one posted on the Teams thread, though I'll probably keep that Phoenix Squire.

Elmdork

Hey, that was pretty good, Reks! Audio sounds great (was that a song of storms remix? I liked it) and the visuals are fine. The warriors look like a pretty nasty team too. Looking forward to seeing what you produce.

Reks

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on July 13, 2015, 05:47:11 am
Hey, that was pretty good, Reks! Audio sounds great (was that a song of storms remix? I liked it) and the visuals are fine. The warriors look like a pretty nasty team too. Looking forward to seeing what you produce.

Your wish is granted.

Gaignun (Cloudsurfing) Vs Barren (The Objective)

That specifically was the Hyrule Party Mix, which does include some of the Song of Storms as well as Zelda's Lullaby and Saria's Song.

Yeah, editing Warriors to have the Phoenix Squire and Houkouton Thief (currently he was set to be an evasive annoyance with a Main Gauche/Escutcheon II Combo. Katar and Swift Plate/Genji Shield will make him do more damage with Houkouton, though.)

Corosar

Quote from: Reks on July 13, 2015, 06:10:18 am
Your wish is granted.

Gaignun (Cloudsurfing) Vs Barren (The Objective)

That specifically was the Hyrule Party Mix, which does include some of the Song of Storms as well as Zelda's Lullaby and Saria's Song.

Yeah, editing Warriors to have the Phoenix Squire and Houkouton Thief (currently he was set to be an evasive annoyance with a Main Gauche/Escutcheon II Combo. Katar and Swift Plate/Genji Shield will make him do more damage with Houkouton, though.)

Great commentary reks and video quality looks amazing!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Elmdork

Yeah, you're pretty good! Gaigun's new team is pretty neat too.

Rarely get to see zombie + raise 2. A very welcome sight.

Reks

Corosar

Quote from: Reks on July 16, 2015, 02:36:23 am
Corosar (Nightmare Hunters) Vs Reks (Test Team 1)

Thanks for hosting reks! Your comments on my undead dancer are right though... gonna fix a few things with her but i am kinda happy with how my team came out.... oooo i have an idea...

*goes off to drawing board for a new team.*
Time for a new season!

Mudvayne

With the tournament coming to an end I can't wait to see matches being posted here again.

I think a lot of us learned something in the last tourney so I can't wait to see the teams people are putting together now. I suspect that the team submission thread will be very active.

With that being said, I'll be recording some matches in the next couple days. Does anyone have any requests for matches they'd like to see? I'm open to requests now that I'm done filming for the tourney so feel free to PM me or post here any requests you may have for match-ups!

Shintroy

One things for sure, I hope I see more armored units after seeing Andante dominate.

I'll have a match if you're free Mudvayne. Buff PA or GGNORE are probably be the most entertaining teams I have at the moment.
Still want to do the elemental team?
Some day my people will be free.

Gaignun

Here is an exciting battle between Mudvayne and silentkaster that I didn't get a chance to show during the tournament:

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 GAIDEN - Mudvayne vs silentkaster

Mudvayne

Wow. I've never watched a video where the entire time I was hoping my team lost... That's really unfortunate that I won that. Especially since you had the video recorded and edited before Barren posted his. Now I have to record my self against Andante just for shits and giggles to see how I would have done against him. I likely would have lost again in the finals to Shintroy but maybe not. Our matches were pretty close last time. I'm actually pretty bummed about winning that match haha. My team performed very well in round 2 and 3.

Elmdork

Wow. That happened (or didn't)...

Corosar

Quote from: Mudvayne on July 20, 2015, 11:34:20 am
With the tournament coming to an end I can't wait to see matches being posted here again.

I think a lot of us learned something in the last tourney so I can't wait to see the teams people are putting together now. I suspect that the team submission thread will be very active.

With that being said, I'll be recording some matches in the next couple days. Does anyone have any requests for matches they'd like to see? I'm open to requests now that I'm done filming for the tourney so feel free to PM me or post here any requests you may have for match-ups!

I don't mind seeing a couple of my teams going up for any match-ups. i need to learn more about the system as i feel i don't have enough experience yet to be viable
Time for a new season!

Lakitu673

Quote from: Mudvayne on July 20, 2015, 11:34:20 am

Feel free to use any of my teams if you need to

Barren

Reks, Gaignun or Mudvayne I posted a couple of sample SCC teams. If you guys want to use them as demos for possible SCC tourney we just started to discuss that'd be cool
You dare cross blades with me?