• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:28:31 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Odd Chemists

Started by ShadowSkyle, March 29, 2012, 02:03:59 am

ShadowSkyle

March 29, 2012, 02:03:59 am Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:10:20 am by ShadowSkyle
Alright, so during the most recent playtest of my patch, some odd bugs are occurring. First, Alchemists (who have replaced the chemist class) can jump much higher than they should be able. They have a jump 4 set through FFT Patcher, but I've seen them clear a 5 jump in the Magic City Gariland battle. (Has repeated itself on other computers). Also, they seem to be able to throw potions through walls. Any thoughts?

*Added Note* I've changed nothing about the potion abilities except increasing the level required for enemies to have it (had them tossing X-Potions in Sand Rat Cellar battle!), and changing their cost in the store.

*Other Item Notes* Using FFTorgASM I limited the number of items allowed to be used in battle to 5. Also, made Phoenix Downs only do 1/4 damage to undead.

Eternal

Did you use ALMA at all?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

ShadowSkyle

Rfh

Change your old Battle.bin by a new. Research that hack you have put in your mod, is what causes this. Usually it is to apply 2 ASM hacks that are icompatibles.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: ShadowSkyle on March 29, 2012, 02:03:59 am
Alright, so during the most recent playtest of my patch, some odd bugs are occurring. First, Alchemists (who have replaced the chemist class) can jump much higher than they should be able. They have a jump 4 set through FFT Patcher, but I've seen them clear a 5 jump in the Magic City Gariland battle. (Has repeated itself on other computers). Also, they seem to be able to throw potions through walls. Any thoughts?

*Added Note* I've changed nothing about the potion abilities except increasing the level required for enemies to have it (had them tossing X-Potions in Sand Rat Cellar battle!), and changing their cost in the store.

*Other Item Notes* Using FFTorgASM I limited the number of items allowed to be used in battle to 5. Also, made Phoenix Downs only do 1/4 damage to undead.

Do you remember which page you downloaded orgASM from?  Some builds of it contain a bugged version of the item limitation hack.

Also, what other ASMs did you apply?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

ShadowSkyle

Downloaded from this site. Came with the FFTPatcher Suite. As for the ASMs, I'll include a copy of my changelog. Any of the changes listed that can be done through FFTorgASM were the only ASM hacks used. I did no hacking myself.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: ShadowSkyle on March 29, 2012, 12:15:43 pm
Downloaded from this site. Came with the FFTPatcher Suite.

That's not specific enough; I'd prefer to know which page/link you downloaded FFTP from because there are different versions floating out there.
From the looks of it, a good number of the ASMs you used are glitchy due to bad coding.  There likely exist many other glitches.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

formerdeathcorps

OK, you may want to use this one: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8301.0.  If any of the listed ASMs confuse you, just ask.