• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Nojgaard's Sprites

Started by Nojgaard, July 31, 2011, 11:14:34 pm

Reikn

ooo gona totally use this. reminds me of a dragula theme for some reason... probably the cape. DIGGING THAT BEARD so smekxy hahaha gj man hope u keep it up :)

Twinees

Quote from: Cheetah on August 04, 2011, 07:56:17 pm
The back of his head should have the darkest shades, not those lighter colors.

This. Its making the back of his head seem really jagged because of it.

Also, i think you could either use a lighter skin colour at the top of his head where the hair meets his forehead, or the majority of the shading underneath the hair on the forehead could be removed entirely, e.g. Cheetah's avatar has very little to no shading at the front most bit of the forehead.
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

I think part of the problem is that that color that you are referring to as a skin tone shadow is actually originally a dark hair shade, and that is why it shows up on the back of the hair as well.
Current Projects:

Nojgaard

August 05, 2011, 07:37:02 pm #23 Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:39:46 pm by Nojgaard
Did some changes on the portrait following your obervations, how it looks now?

PD: @Kokojo
Yes you can, have fun =D
Current Projects:     Coming Soon (or maybe not):

Kokojo

Would it be possible for you to make a .BMP or .SPR out of it, please?
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kagebunji

Yes, BMP or SPR format is neccesarry to put it in-game. And since it is finished, why don't you submit him, Nojgaard?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nojgaard

Cheetah

Congratulations on a successfully submitted sprite Nojgaard.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

Lijj

I'll add it to the front page later tonight. Good work and thanks for submitting.

I think I will submit that Meliadoul Unveiled sprite too.

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kagebunji

I see in your sig that ou are working on something new, could you show a frame or two?

Kagebunji

Looks like that little Bard in Nojgaard's sig will remain hidden, huh.

Nojgaard

Hi all, long time no see. This is my new project

I already have some sprites but need to fix some things before posting them, by now i bring you the portrait.

What do you think guys? What needs to be fixed? Needs to look more like Marceline?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I think this the one case where you should stick to the original art style, instead of trying to port it to FFT style.

Keep the round face and the simplistic facial features.  Make the hair much darker, like Lijj's Black Chocobo (ask Lijj for a link).  And she's wearing a wife beater shirt, so you should only have two straps that circle down, and her bare shoulders should be visible beyond the straps.

Also, more hair.

The second image from the left is almost perfect for the FFT angle.  Check out the Art Directives thread in Tethical for more info on FFT art style, so you can figure out what FFT art directives you should keep and which you should throw away.

Jon

Umm just get rid of the smile, in FFT everyone doesn't smile, and that looks awkward. You chose a pretty good portrait for the base. Keep it up! Also, I know the other sprite is probably done, good job on that, my first sprite had the same base too.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Nojgaard

Followed your observations and i bring you 3 options today, one FFT stile, an the other two are something totally diferent, what do you think?

Durbs

I dislike the 3rd... WAY to deviant from the FFT style. First is standard FFT, nothing terrible or great about it. But... I am in love with the second one. It's original and fits well with the sprite.

GeneralStrife

Two looks so awesome, even though it needs work.

Taichii

2nd one please put fangs <3
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"