• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:11:16 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Rouroni Elmdor's New Team

Started by reinoe, November 16, 2013, 04:14:19 pm

reinoe

This isn't my team.  It belongs to Rouroni Elmdor.  I'm just posting it here because it had some formatting issues and he isn't able to correct them easily.  Also Rouroni, there were some things I couldn't fix and those are IN RED TEXT.  I understood what you meant by "heal all status" but it's best to list them individually just to be as clear as possible.  Also I'm not able to confirm if you're under the jp cap or not.
Team: The river people
Color: blue/white trim

Boot
Male
Cancer
Ninja
Ninja
Steal
Counter
Attack UP
Move +1
Main Gauche
Air Cutter

Thief Hat
Secret Clothes
Leather Mantle

Kagesougi
Bad Luck, Spellbreaker, Quickening

Face
Male
Serpentarius
Paladin
Item
Auto Potion
Throw Item
Move-HP Up
Ancient Sword
Crystal Shield
Diamond Helmet
MaximilLian
Feather Mantle

Nurse, Iron Will
X-Potion, all status cures, Phoenix Down

Thorn
Male
Taurus
Monk
Elemental
HP Restore
Attack UP
Warpath

Twist headband
Power Sleeve
Bracer

Wave Fist, Chakra, Revive, Stigma Magic
All Geomancy

Pancakes
Female
Virgo
Oracle
White Magic
Critical Quick
Half of MP

Octagon Rod

Golden Hairpin
Robe of Lords
108 Gems

Dispel, Petrify
Cure 2, Cure 4, Raise, Esuna, Regen, Protect, Holy

Regarding your monk, he's not able to wear the twist headband.  He'll have to have Chakra Band, Choice Band, or Focus Band.  Most people go with Chakra Band.

Re: your ninja's weapons, he can only have one of the following: Throwing Knife, Main Gauche, Katar, Orichalcum or Air Knife as those are not dual wielded. 

Or you can have two of the Dual Cutters, Platina Dagger, Mage Masher, or Repel Knife.  You can also have these in any combination like  1x Mage Masher and 1x Repel Knife.
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

November 16, 2013, 04:42:44 pm #1 Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:48:11 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Thanks for the help! I adjusted a few things, everybody's JP legal. We'll change the twist band to the chakra band, and by "all status" I mean anything that cures a status.. antidote, chronos tear, echo grass, maiden's kiss, soft, holy water plus x potion and phoenix down. Face is rather simple.

Hmm if I can't have the main gauche with something else... then two dual cutters sounds nice. That sucks though. I might need to trade counter for abandon to get the effect I wanted.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Malroth

Well make a post on the "team submissions" thread and i'll see if i can't get a match recorded.  Got any opponent in mind or do i just pick somebody?

reinoe

Quote from: Malroth on November 16, 2013, 06:19:56 pm
Well make a post on the "team submissions" thread and i'll see if i can't get a match recorded.  Got any opponent in mind or do i just pick somebody?

Speaking of which: Rouroni all you have to do now is just copy/paste the team into the team submissions thread.  And make a few minor changes as you see fit at that point.  If I make the post then you won't be able to do edits to the team at your convenience.
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

November 17, 2013, 02:17:34 am #4 Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 02:23:55 am by Rouroni Elmdor
HAI! ARIGATO!

Done and done. I'm already thinking up my next team, but I gotta see this one in action first. It's a pro sandbag team that fares well on large maps. So long as pancakes the oracle survives a few turns, they should be alright.

My next team idea is an oriental themed team, meaning only samurai, ninja and oracle can be used.

Edit: oh yeah, nobody in particular I wanna battle (don't really know anybody, but I have watched many battles) if nobody else is interested, I'll have one against you, malroth. Any new teams you wanna test?

Fenire

I just made some significant changes to my team and would like to see it in action. If it is not to late.

Zotis

Elmdork

Not at all! I have my first victi...I mean challenger!

I also love the rivals' stuff. I'll need some more teams to participate in that. What like.. 5 teams total?

Fenire

Right thread Zotis. I see what your doing Elmdor; using an ellipsis, and omitting the m.

Elmdork

YOU SEE NOTHING!

I did have a question I'd like to throw out there: if I were to give an undead unit absorb holy, would it heal? Specifically, if I hit it with a holy attack.

Malroth

It would absorb the spells Holy and Dia as well as silver bow or holy lance weapon attacks but would still be harmed by Cure spells and potions.

Elmdork

Well, I have a new team posted. Should be substantially better than the first.

Elmdork

So, my new team has a tanky absorb time bard, but the only real reason he exists' is for cheer song. His haste and stop is good, but he's too fast for cheer song. A couple ideas came to mind: give him phoenix blade... which I have no idea if slowing him will help, or remove all but haste and cheer song so it'll say "I have nothing better to do, might as well sing"

I have seen people use paladins for bards, good concept but I was hoping to keep a high magic bard and time magic. (Oh and counter magic shadow shades)

And of course, time wizards are too squishy... it's a tough call.

Otabo

Giving him Phoenix Blade will prolong the fact that he'll start cancelling his own song once he's fast enough. It's the main reason why no one runs Cheer Song anymore because the AI is really dumb with it in general. You could try using Last Song and see how that works. Same hit rate, same CT as Cheer Song.

Barren

I don't generally use phoenix blade for my teams but I have seen it to be effective before. Like otabo's paladin with balance or ct5holy's squire with jump. But auto slow is a bit of a turn off for me. Then again the weapon is designed for specific setups only. Some things do work with the phoenix blade and others not so much
You dare cross blades with me?

reinoe

Rouroni Elmdor's new team...
Team: Dorter city graverobbers
Color: black/red trim
Elmyra
Female
Gemini
Scholar
Br. 50
Fa. 70

MA save
Short charge
Move mp up
Mace of zeus

Golden hairpin
Linen robe
Cursed ring
Shadow shade, thunder flare, Bio2

Moon
Male
Taurus
Thief
Br. 70
Fa. 60
Jump
PA save
Equip heavy blade
Warpath
Chaos blade
Black hood
Rubber Costume
Cursed ring
Quickening
Jump lv. 5, jump vertical 6

Face
Male
Serpentarius
Knight
Br. 50
Fa. 50
Punch art
Auto potion
Maintenance
Move hp-up
Phoenix blade
Gold shield
Gold helm
Gold armor
N-kai armlet
Nurse, consecration
Stigma magic, chakra, revive

Poe
Male
Cancer
Bard
Br. 50
Fa. 60
Time magic
Counter magic
Equip shield
Main gauche
Gold shield
Golden hairpin
Black costume
Magic ring
Cheer song, angel song
Haste2, Stop, Demi2

For Poe...
The Time Magic/Bard is a hard combo to get to work.  On long maps, your bard will spend time Using Haste 2 instead of using Cheer Song.   Replace Haste2 with Slow 2.  That way on long maps your bard will Use Cheer song.  Counter Magic is a very risky proposal.  I'm not saying you should ditch it, but consider: for every team that's running slow 2 that you might counter, there's an equal chance that you'll just wind up healing element absorb teams.

For Moon...
Swap things around so  that Level is 6 and lower the Jump as needed.

Elmyra...
Make Elmyra your second to last unit.  I say this because as a spellcaster she'll move first into enemy territory.  That's a risky proposal considering.
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

November 23, 2013, 10:47:51 am #16 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:18:46 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Awesome feedback! There are some minor changes, scholar is now oracle (extra HP cuz she behaves like a retard and needs a helmet) and face has tactician's blade. I was at work when it occurred to me (because clearly I have nothing better to do on night shifts) I should give poe short charge and debating last song instead. My scholar/oracle could do well with critical quick, allowing multiple lore in a round, and my damage dealer isn't dealing enough damage. Maybe if I switched him to a monk... not like he's using quicken. Guess the AI doesn't consider long run speed and only the current CT, so things like speed save behave better.

I'll touch some things up, namely my bard. If I can get him to sing, we'll be in good shape. My original idea was to give him masamune, koutetsu and kyomori, but since I have undead units I don't know if he'll try to use masamune on them... or if it will work/hurt them.

And thanks again, reinoe. You've helped me out a lot since I've been here. I am considering a dancer, bard scholar mime team, but my mime will likely be pummeled by backfire lore. Can't equip em' with anything.. but double magic ups, status inflict (namely oil) and double lores.

That could be very lethal very quickly.. not much melee oriented, but MA save and speed save could make them..well..lethal.

Edit: oh right, the counter magic was a test to see if it would counter lore. It does not. Man my bard mime scholar could be scary with THAT. But broken, very stupid. He comes with abandon originally and currently. Makes him nearly as tanky as face in terms of how many attacks it takes to kill him. Lotta southern crosses I could have avoided, but he took those southern crosses, in the name of science, died a valiant death, on an awkward block that forbids revive.

Good times

Team: Dorter city graverobbers
Color: red/black trim
Moon
Male
Taurus
Monk
Br. 70
Fa. 60
Jump
PA save
Equip heavy blade
Warpath
Chaos blade
Chakra band
Rubber costume
Cursed ring
Stigma magic, chakra
Jump level 6, vertical 6

Face
Male
Serpentarius
Knight
Br. 65
Fa. 50
Punch art
Auto potion
Maintenance
Move hp-up
Tactician's blade
Gold shield
Gold helm
Gold armor
N-kai armlet
Nurse, reraise, transfusion
Stigma magic, revive

Elmyra
Female
Gemini
Oracle
Br. 50
Fa. 70
Lore
MA save
Short charge
Move mp up
Mace of zeus

Golden hairpin
Linen robe
Cursed ring
Dispel, Paralyze
Shadow shade, thunder flare

Poe
Male
Cancer
Bard
Br. 50
Fa. 60
Time magic
Abandon
Short charge
Main gauche

Golden hairpin
Rubber costume
N-kai armlet
Last song, Battle song, angel song
Haste2, Stop

I'll update my team here as I go along. Thanks again everyone for the feedback. With every comment and video I make a change or come to realization.

Malroth

He will use Masamune on them, it will cause regen and they will gain HP. Murasame does hurt undead but your units won't use it on them unless they're charmed or critical.

Elmdork

November 25, 2013, 03:32:47 am #18 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:33:41 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Thanks, malroth. I knew my initial instinct of using time magic was a better idea. If my monk does as much damage as I think he does, this might actually work. If my retard oracle scholar gets in range for a paralyze, the opposing team could be caught in a bind between needing to revive someone and being stopped/paralyzed.

Color: Green/white
Rock
Male
Aries
Paladin
Dragon spirit
Attack up
Move HP up
Defender
Genji helmet
Carabini mail
Battle boots
Southern cross

Action man
Male
Capricorn
Archer
Item
Auto potion
Throw
Jump +2
Mythril bow
Black hood
Brigandine
Germinas boots
Arm aim, hawk's eye, seal evil
Hi potion, phoenix down, antidote, soft, echo grass, maiden's kiss, chronos tear, bandage, holy water

Idea man
Male
Capricorn
Archer
Item
Auto potion
Throw
Jump +2
Mythril bow
Black hood
Brigandine
Germinas boots
Arm aim, hawk's eye
Hi potion, phoenix down, antidote, soft, echo grass, maiden's kiss, chronos tear, bandage, holy water, hi ether

Zero
Female
Cancer
Samurai
Yin yang magic
Counter flood
Overwhelm
Move mp-up
Kiyomori
Circlet
Linen robe
Red shoes
Murasame, chirijiraden, masamune
paralyze

Here is a team with "I hope I never face one of those" in mind. On paper, it looks to be a solid team, but you never know until they enter the ring. It was originally just meant to test if teams are too reliant on their equipment (I.e: absorb teams) and if you have adequate status defence. Don't think it's a tournament team, but should be good to test against.

Elmdork

November 26, 2013, 01:27:26 pm #19 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:49:31 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
I fixed both teams up a bit. Dorter city grave robbers look promising, I'd like a rematch with truelight using them. Like that SCC fight with the samurai and the chemists' it eventually came down to the most minute detail. Not that I'm there... but little by little, I'll make it there.

Only problem is I don't have a copy of fft arena, and that makes it reaaaaaly difficult for me to do tests. Luckily, there's people like malroth here to help with that. Thanks for the videos!