• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Dark Maeko's Sprite attempts

Started by DarkMaeko, December 15, 2015, 11:54:55 pm

DarkMaeko

December 15, 2015, 11:54:55 pm Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:58:52 pm by DarkMaeko
was never intended for your use. thanks emmy for the low down was trying to use to many customs at one time.
source
iron giant by Luiakyn
portrait by Curu

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DarkMaeko

December 16, 2015, 12:04:31 am #2 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:54:21 pm by DarkMaeko
because u cant use normal or she breaks when u puut another monster in this u can use with as many bosses as u want and it wont break

theultrawolf

The colors here are weird, and the sprite itself looks wonky and squished. I can see what you're trying to go for here, but my advice would be just to start fresh.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

DarkMaeko: I've been hacking FFT for 8-9 years, I created this place, and I have no idea what the fuck you are on about. Why couldn't you use regular Altima? Vanilla FFT does it.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DarkMaeko

December 16, 2015, 06:06:53 pm #5 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:53:43 pm by DarkMaeko
ths is the first draft

Angel

... It may be your thread, but it's our board, with rules that apply to every user. If it hasn't been 24 hours, and your last post is the most recent one, edit it. 4 consecutive posts in less than ten minutes? Are you for real?
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

DarkMaeko

December 16, 2015, 06:22:59 pm #7 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:53:21 pm by DarkMaeko
lol

Angel

*rubs face*

Not trying to be rude, but really... that's three times you disobeyed a very simple rule, one right after it was explained to you in this thread moments prior. Work with me, here.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Jumza

We don't mean anything by it, it's just a little comical because the bmp that you posted is very much unusable. It's only about half the sheet, it's been squished vertically a little bit and the only edit you made was a bit to the whites. I mean, you have to start somewhere, but why did you cut the sheet in half and squish it like that?
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Emmy

Not quite sure what you mean about doing the "funky chicken" but it sounds like 1 of 2 issues:

1.  You have hit the sprite limit glitch.  The game could only load 9 sprite sheets (5 of which have to be assumed to be the player unless you changed this).  Which means you can't have more than 4 unique sprite sheets in your enemy formation.

2.  Altima's sprite looks kinda funny if you don't give her float and teleport, and she moves with any other ability.  Fly without teleport, or attempting to walk across the ground looks silly.  Just give her float and teleport innately if this bothers you.

DarkMaeko

December 19, 2015, 05:25:04 pm #11 Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:46:36 pm by DarkMaeko
slight modifcations needed for first half still need to do the attacks.   its more less suposed to be a smaller version replica of alitma not nessisarly an edit also as a ruka not an abrute

DarkMaeko

December 20, 2015, 09:03:22 pm #12 Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:05:48 pm by DarkMaeko
since Seushiro  hasnt posted a final that im aware of this will do tell he finishes his bad ass 1 lol
didnt do the attack heads but meh v1

Jumza

Interesting stuff dude! Much better than your first attempt :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

theultrawolf

The colors are flat on that one - you should really change up the portrait.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Ultra, it's obvious that he's not done, the portrait is pre-existing and an attempt at fixing it has not been made yet since he's clearly working on the sprite first.

DarkMaeko

December 21, 2015, 03:08:00 pm #16 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:55:47 pm by DarkMaeko
version 2. thanks. working out the kinks and geting a system still but not to bad so far.

DarkMaeko

December 21, 2015, 09:33:07 pm #17 Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:19:00 am by DarkMaeko
version 3 the back needs work looks like a hunchback lol not to mension shit hahaha
Portrait by TobiasVX

3lric

I can't really give sprite tips since I'm not a spriter, but you put the portrait on backwards :P

DarkMaeko

December 22, 2015, 08:56:09 pm #19 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:46:49 pm by DarkMaeko
hahah thanks for the notice lols because i didnt bahaha. will fix it in the final version here is the close to final.