• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Reks

Quote from: Andrew on September 26, 2015, 03:11:20 am
Depending on the map, you could have gotten some deadly statuses off on my units with those Elemental squires of yours!  Not only that, but their damage alone was scary, especially without Iron Will running.  Frog procs could have been game-deciding, too.  I just got lucky in the end.  GG!

Your monk and mediator had me sweating buckets at certain points.... Sleep + no Protect = my paladins taking truck-loads of damage.  Your monk was also Hi-Potion bait... pretty annoying stuff... HP Restore for MVP?  If your mediator got a bit more lucky, I think you could have won our second match.  GG!

I derped rather hard and gave them Defense Armlets.

What they needed was Diamond Armlets, and the two Scholars would have used Lore more.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Andrew

Hey, man, it happens.  You have a lot of teams to keep track of, so I can understand a mistake like that being made.  Maybe we can have a rematch once your squires are fixed?  The Scholars would definitely would put a lot more pressure on my team, for sure.
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

Yes you were pretty impressive Andrew. Can't wait for it to see this team take on well established teams in the future
You dare cross blades with me?

Kurosabes

I could do that right about now. It's a team I want to see more in action. I was thinking of a gauntlet like I've done with TrueLight's team.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Andrew

Thanks, Barren, I appreciate your compliment, especially from an Arena veteran such as yourself!

A gauntlet done with Unlikely Pairings - Episode 1?  Sure, that would be pretty fun.  Lord RNGesus, spare my soul!

Barren

September 27, 2015, 09:46:13 am #4386 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:18:32 am by Barren
Looks like we won't have to wait until Wednesday Mudvayne. Here's your series of matches now! The video has processed

FFT Arena 1.39c - The Mudvayne Rock Band Tour

Andrew

September 27, 2015, 12:46:14 pm #4387 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:34:45 pm by Andrew
Thanks for doing this gauntlet, man... it was a lot of fun to watch!  I always appreciate those that take the time to make these videos.

I was getting lucky with some key Decapitation procs.  Your lancer was poking for pretty high numbers.  My favourite unit was yours was your squire: some pretty interesting ability choices, as well as using one of my favourite weapon types.  I really enjoy how Arena handles tomes.  GG!

OUCH, that squire.  If my mediators weren't undead, I think that your dancer would have given them a run for their money with that Blood Sword of hers.  Also, map-wide damaging abilities don't normally do much to my paladins, mostly due to Speed Save, so that was in my favour, as well.  Also, lucky again with the Decapitation procs... GG!

Damage teams always scare me, especially if they have a lot of resurrection abilities, elemental healing, and fire.  Oh, fire, how you hurt my team.  It's against teams like yours that I can lose easily against if my paladins can't tank the onslaught of damage.  Yours also has a mime, which can be pretty scary since my paladins are so slow.  RNGesus favoured me, and that's the only reason I won.  GG!

20.... 20 PA Dancer?  With Martial Arts?  A 20 PA Dancer with Martial Arts.  I don't really need to say anything else, do I?  I will, though!  Death Sentence bait like your paladin are always scary, as they can cause my mediators to "derp" it up pretty well and, thus, make them waste turns.  Though, despite him being immune to its effects, at least he's ignored by his other teammates.  Your team is another example of me having to be favoured by RNGesus in order to get anywhere with, and that second round was just that.  GG!

---

EDIT:
Ah, I didn't realize that I was fighting Mudvayne in your gauntlet.  Thanks for recording, man.  Also LOL @ the way you pronounced my mediators' names.  Thanks for that.

That round one... how many Death Sentences did I miss?  Oh, and your mime is probably the scariest I've ever seen!  I definitely got lucky with winning that one.  Pretty awkward map for tournament purposes.  I got much more lucky during round two with landing those statuses.  Smaller maps can either go that way for me, or my team can get absolutely destroyed by super high damage teams.  GG!

Zareb

Hey, Barren. Best Friends was just me messing around with Arena again, and I took it down because I wanted to work at it a bit more. Regardless, thanks for recording the match. Good game, Mudvayne.
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

dw6561

Yeah, that DS bug really needs to be fixed for the next patch. I found myself facepalming every time death sentence landed on that one paladin. I was seriously waiting for that paladin to rip through Andrew's entire team with the battle axe because of the death sentence bug, but it never happened. I'll just have to say, thank god for kiyomori, or else that would have taken a thousand years. GG to both teams.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Shintroy

Mime Unfaith vs Sudden Death and Death Sentence

GG. I knew this this would be a problem when I saw the Paladin's evasion. GGNORE does poorly against my test team that also has high evasion so I didn't think it would be any different here. Never knew Iron Will could be that annoying lol. Good stuff. I'm glad someone's using death sentence.
Thanks for the match WKW
Some day my people will be free.

Mudvayne

Thanks a lot for the video Barren, it's really appreciated! Got some good feedback seeing the teams in action and I know a few changes I need to make already.

I have no status protection to stop anything this team does so it's no surprise I lose. Those mediators are damn fast and those paladins are just so tanky. I think I have the potential damage output provided a few magic songs go off and are mimiced successfully, I just never got the chance to buff the units enough to make anything I was doing relevant. GG!

The two undead thiefs are a pretty big issue for the dancer and prevents the bard from harp shots also. Also, more tanky paladins just like in my previous match. 3/4 units being put to sleep in R1 did me no favors. R2 I just couldn't take down the paladins fast enough to capitalize. GG!

The 'nudist colony' in their name comes from the archers having a bunch of break skills. Hopefully leaving your team completely nude, and then it's easy pickings from there. Actually worked pretty well here. I really like this team and how they performed. If the archers would have concentrated a little more on the scholars the match would have been much quicker due to innocent. I think Atheist bow @ 100% innocent proc is prettty strong, maybe 50-60% would be a little more appropriate. It completely can shut down any faith-based magic using unit in one shot at a 100% success if they do not protect against innocent, which many units don't. GG, Reks!

Pretty quick fight...Lots of AoE damage. This is one of my older teams but it performs well and hits hard. Not much to say here, I got Gaignun on the defensive in R1 pretty quickly. R2 wasn't much different, double dont act procs off the first geomancy plus immediate AoE assault = GG.

The damage output on this team is better than before but is still pretty meh. Thankfully the speed advantage really helps with that, like I was hoping. I still think I may need to add a little more damage output potential, maybe give the chemist a (spell?)gun for anti-sandbag from a distance, and give the mediator maybe dia so she stops doing so many damn javelin pokes. R1 that Dancer had me laughing, trying so hard to get that damn dance off but it just took forever and ended up getting double turned by the time mage and sinkholed. GG Lakitu!

Once again, Barren, thanks for the video! It's much appreciated!

Barren

Round 1 I was off to a bad start but basically charm turned it around for me. Round 2 I was just whacking away at the paladins and oracles. Charm was there as a way to maintain my advantage. GG silentkaster, it was fun like always

silentkaster

Having to rely on those reactions and movements so much is tough. Gonna try something new and completely different with the team. GG Barren.

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Mudvayne

I have a quick question and not sure where else I should post it:

So, Murasame (Katana) heals on hit normally, right? Now, if this is used with say southern cross or grand cross, it will deal damage as opposed to healing on hit? Same with say, healing staff?
I know with abilities like kagesougi and healing staff will do damage and not heal, so I was wondering about murasame and southern/grand cross.

Reks

Quote from: Mudvayne on September 30, 2015, 12:31:55 pm

So, Murasame (Katana) heals on hit normally, right? Now, if this is used with say southern cross or grand cross, it will deal damage as opposed to healing on hit? Same with say, healing staff?
I know with abilities like kagesougi and healing staff will do damage and not heal, so I was wondering about murasame and southern/grand cross.

It's no different

The weapons' healing ability is unique to the Attack command alone, with the exception of Breaks
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

silentkaster

Quote from: Mudvayne on September 30, 2015, 12:31:55 pm

Quote from: Reks on September 30, 2015, 12:34:21 pm
It's no different

The weapons' healing ability is unique to the Attack command alone, with the exception of Breaks

Reks is right. For confirmation on this, I had a Murasame equipped on my Double Crossers team (Paladin) that Barren did a video on recently, and he used Southern Cross against an enemy unit if you want to check that out to make sure.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Andrew

Thanks for recording my match, TrueLight.  I enjoyed your music choices.

I think if I fought you in a small map like Balbanes' bedroom or windmill shed, you could have won, since that thief is so damn fast and could disable my scholars quickly.  That paladin deals great damage despite its more tanky setup, and if your team could chain those Talk Skills... yeah, you probably would dominate me in small maps.  Episode 3 is a huge risk/reward team, and I don't expect for it to win often.  GG!