• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:48:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Abyss

Started by Lennart, December 21, 2012, 12:38:49 pm

Lennart

Lots of things have been shifting as of late. That being said, I will be generally harsher on MP than the original (think privileges, Ether shell, etc) but everyone will start with full MP. Depending on how it plays after I get it done, I will grant more or less MP regeneration (or even put natural regen back if it gets really bad). Of course, everyone starts with max MP so everyone's favourite first turn Ultimas will be back. They'll just cost as much as they should, considering their OHKO potential.

Two things to take away from this are: max MP growth will matter (although the minimum achievable max MP will still let you cast the strongest spell) and MP management will actually affect your decisions mid battle, not just with party set up and selecting privileges.

Thanks for your input and I hope I'll be able to write up a more concrete set of changes as well as implement them.

Lennart

Not to necro or anything but I've fallen really ill and I'm barely able to keep up with work. The worst part is I don't even know when I'll get better. I sincerely apologize for starting something I can't finish. If anyone wants my notes or anything, they're right here.

Note that they are hardly reliable and mostly guesswork in the end.

General stuff: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?f4ae3udxizfvwe7
Battles: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?j70198qc7ab95zr

Darthatron's Work:

MP gained per turn
00321DC0

MP Channeling bonus
00321E30

Start with Max MP
BD180: B8 03 C4 E1
BD18C: 00 10 A0 E3
BEC44: BA 03 D5 E1

I can't even get on the computer regularly so I'm just putting them here in case I disappear. Thank AugustDrake for reminding me about FFTA2 hacking at all.