• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:46:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sarbs' Sprites

Started by sarbs0, July 27, 2011, 03:59:31 am

sarbs0

July 27, 2011, 03:59:31 am Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:33:11 am by sarbs0
So I started working on Oerba Yun Fang from FF13

Tell me what you guys think!

All I need to do is the hair for the front view, then the rest of the sprite sheet..

Durbs

Post a larger version first. With the small one, it is harder to pick out details.
  • Modding version: PSX

Wolfran

It's a little flat but good work. I suggest use the hair of Reis and change the pallete.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Please post a larger view. For now I cannot tell anything more than that it is looking flat.Twinees did an Elemntalist design once that was based off Fang. It might help you a little:

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jubei1986

is there a finished spr of that elemnatlist design? or just that one base sprite?? would really like to use that one!

GeneralStrife

its just one pose, a concept

RandMuadDib

Quote from: GeneralStrife on July 29, 2011, 01:18:22 pm
its just one pose, a concept

Very sad, that one's really cool
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

sarbs0

Ahh that will be helpful with the hair, thanks!

Here's a bigger version, I edited it a little and added hair, still needs work though I think.

Phlashblazer

Hey sarbs, it's good to see another spriter onboard!  It's good to see it progressing, although the white trimming on the (sashes?) is really bright, to me at least, it really takes the attention off the main attraction, the character.  Perhaps considering a lighter white-to-grey shade?  Well, either way.. it's lookin like it's getting somewhere.  Keep it up
Even so, my hands will bring relief to people who have learned to live without hope, a human being who feeds on his brother is not a man anymore... he is a mad dog, and should be dealt the same fate.

Kagebunji

Overall it suffers from flatness here and there. Mostly the clothes I guess. Use at least two shades of white for the white stripes, one is not enough. Same for blues, it is shaded very weirdly, like pillow shaded. Hair is a little flat too, try using more references, you will get idea of how FFT shading looks like(there is always one light source).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown