• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Shishi is screwwing up my ISO...

Started by LegoLeonidas, August 31, 2011, 03:57:55 pm

LegoLeonidas

Every time I open my ISO(.img format. My ISO wasn't working on epsxe.) with Shishi, the next time I open it in CDMage, all it has is BATTLE and DUMMY folders. Should I extract those and import them to a fresh ISO?

Eternal

I would advise trying a different ISO. It seems like it's dirty or something.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

LegoLeonidas

What's easiest for hacking? BIN/Cue? ISO? IMG? What format should I use?

Eternal

.iso/.img tend to be the most common. Sounds to me that your luck in obtaining ISOs is just ill. :(
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

LegoLeonidas

So far I've tried it with 3 different ISOs, and they all do the same thing after Shishi. They play fine in epsxe, but I can't change the formation sprites because I can't locate the UNIT.bin and WLDFACE.bin. Is this a problem with Shishi restructuring the ISO?

As far as acquiring my ISOs, I usually rip my own, but I can't find my copy of tactics and it's driving me nuts...

Eternal

Which version of Shishi are you using?

LegoLeonidas

The one that came in the suite on the downloads page...

Durbs

August 31, 2011, 06:53:48 pm #7 Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:55:04 pm by Durbs
Quote from: LegoLeonidas on August 31, 2011, 05:35:45 pm
As far as acquiring my ISOs, I usually rip my own, but I can't find my copy of tactics and it's driving me nuts...

That's your problem. You have to rip your own. Before I downloaded a program for doing so myself, I spent weeks looking for a reliable ripped iso to use. No luck; every last one failed to work on ePSXe. Trust me, if you got it from googleing it, it's not going to work. I doubt Shishi's is the problem, it'll be the iso.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Try the version of Shishi attached to my post.

LegoLeonidas

Thanks, I tried it. Does the same thing... I guess I'm sunk til I can find a reliable ISO or my copy of the game turns up... Last time I remember having it was when I converted it to psp...

Thanks a lot for the help, though!

LegoLeonidas

Haha! Problem solved! It was apparently an older version of cd mage! Once Shishi restructured the iso, the older version of CDMage could only detect the battle and dummy folders. grabbed the new version, and it reads it fine!

Thanks again for your help (and patience) Eternal. Now back to my hacking!!!

Eternal

Ah, glad to see the problem was easily solved! Had me scared there for a second! :P