• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:13 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Ivalice Arena's sprites

Started by Kagebunji, June 15, 2010, 09:26:16 am

Kagebunji

June 15, 2010, 09:26:16 am Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:35:07 pm by Kagebunji
Let us post here sprites that we work on, or the finished one, that way it won't go missing or anything if comp crashes etc.

Fnished sprites so far:

Blue Mage F

Warlock F
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zozma

Question, What are Alicia and Lavian going to look like in this?
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

R999

Just reiterating what i have said in the chat; I will be posting the sprite related artwork in the coming weeks or so... give me sometime. And you absolutely do not have to worry about crashes. Our working folders are stored on Dropbox.com, they even keep previous versions of files on their servers. In fact, I can even access them via my iPhone. If that's not enough, I also have personal backups in my company gmail. I will give out dropbox sharing access to the team in the future.

@Zozma: Agrias and Frimelda.

Lijj

Blue Mage Woman 100%
Thanks to R999 for touch ups.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

I prefer a rounder face by far... Fixed the eye, the gray pixel right under the eye doesn't look good.
[attachment=0:3hqpmsun]BMedit.png[/attachment:3hqpmsun]
I'm still skeptical about the shading on the lower part of her face, but I don't know what to do with it myself.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

R999

[attachment=0:5gyb72k1]Screen shot 2010-06-15 at 8.53.25 PM.png[/attachment:5gyb72k1]

This is what you want, I think.

Lijj

Kagebunji

Dang, her eye is soo dark, but lightening it up would mess the clothes I suppose. Any idea how to make it lighter?

Lijj

They could be brown i suppose. But heck she is a blue mage and it's not like blue eyes is some odd mutation. I've actully heard some bs at a college anthropology lecture that blue eyes are a mutation. I just double face~palmed hard. (Then a beautiful mutation it is... idiots)

Warlock Woman 100%

This was egregiously tedious both of us spent a long time on it. It's now 100 percent unless R999 decides to redo the hair a 3rd time.
(oh, update,     I didn't do the water frames. Just in case.  If we change the hair again that would be an extra hour doing water frames twice..so it's 99.7 percent done I suppose)

Zozma

the portrait looks great too, i think just like the blue eyes, the lightest shade for them is too dark.. besides that they look nice
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

Lijj

I lightened the 2nd shade of blue as suggested on the bluemage.
here's a sample of male samurai(100%):

Kagebunji

June 23, 2010, 10:48:57 am #12 Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:33:52 pm by Kagebunji
Hmm, I see my talk with R resulted positively, I can see one more shade on his white trim, but it is still looking strange, mind sending me the BMP? I will fix it somehow, no worries, I do not desire credits, I am here to polish sprites up, just thought I will say it, if that is your concern. Portrait looks good, one thing though, I think his chin and neck are too dark, I understand that he has black armor and all, but it is still too dark. Warlock Female's neck for example is lightly shaded, and looks much more FFT-like, and I have one question: How many shades he have on armor? Looks like 3, this is a bit small amount for that. Oh, and his mouth is too dark, use lighter shades.

Archael

Lijj how are you so good at sprites

*explodes*

Kagebunji

Heh, Lijj improved a lot since that first Terra attempt xD

And you might be interested in this site, R. Some great portraits are here, but there are also some bad ones. Scroll down to see them:
http://www.fucandofft.blogger.com.br/

R999

@Kage: I seen that site before from the spriting forum. I took a look at it again just now again, and found some stuff that I might use. Some of them does indeed look decent, with enough tweaks and touch ups.

Kagebunji

Nah, I do not recommend tweaking them, most of them(if not all) were posted as jpg, their quality is quite messed up. Though you can try if you want.

R999

I probably work in a different than you do. All I need is a concept picture to draw a sprite (by just looking at it to see patterns used, colors used, shading used, etc). By tweaking, I mean just changing a few bits and pieces from their concept / prototype. 16 colors is usually more than sufficient for most things, especially for non-generic characters (so you the hair colors can be freed and or shared elsewhere).

Kagebunji

You want to save one of those portraits and tweak them? That is how most understand tweaking things, haha. What you want to do is simply lookin at it and get ideas from it. Anyway, good luck with that.

Lijj

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Heh, Lijj improved a lot since that first Terra attempt xD
Yeah I had zero pixel exp. haha. I was sad when Zodiac turned that 1st Terra down. But I'm glad I had to redo it now. For the practice
Kage you can play with the Bmp I'll pm it to you.
hmm Thinking about Lich or Tiamat next
Voldemort: Just making so many... each time I learn new tricks. I credit practice and criticism. I mean in the art scene people are too polite (a lot of "artists" get away with such crap) it's easier for one to crit pixels I guess.