• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:27:46 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (Latest version: Beta 0.993)

Started by Eternal, June 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm

Eternal

What? No. That's crazy. The rest of this is going to take some time, and after I finish placing everything and finishing item descriptions, I'm going to do a test run, myself. It'll be soon, but not THAT soon. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

JoeCool

Apologies, don't know the difficulty scale or how long it takes to hack/script/patch. Ur getting people excited man -_-
BANNED

Shintroy

Now starts the heavy monitoring of this thread. I'll check back..... Sunday since its been confirmed not to come out Saturday.
Some day my people will be free.

bcrobert

I wouldn't expect this new and improved version to be finished until at least February. Maybe. Hacking is a time intensive process. I could spend the next two months nagging Eternal to work faster, but I don't think it'll help since he's been already been working on this patch non-stop. :P

Perhaps I'll still nag him for two months just for fun. It sounds delightful.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

JoeCool

BANNED

Marche

Quote from: JoeCool on December 31, 2014, 10:31:23 pm
I just like to point out how selfish marche is,trying to return home and ruining the world for other people. I would kill him on sight if I was part of that world. Unbelievable >_>

No! Dont kill me! lol

Eternal

It'll be done in January. Exactly when in January is up in the air, given that I want to test things fairly thoroughly. I already know of a few things that we can't edit yet that may be problematic- namely clan level up rewards and the items that get added to shops when you free X amount of areas. For whatever reason, looking at Ritz's skills in the Doned Faction fight also causes the game to freeze, and I'm rather perplexed as to why.

I also know that there'll be a minor bug where Ezel's Limit is equipped as his Support ability. I can't really do anything about this, but all you'll have to do is unequip it and you can re-equip it as his Combo ability. It's rather harmless, though irksome all the same. Likewise, we're still waiting to see where Shara's starting info is so that we can give her her Limit as well. All in all, there will still be some issues, albeit very minor ones. Today's goal is to finish at least some more weapon descriptions.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Shintroy

Never understood, or looked into.the whole map creating in FFTA.  Does how you place areas matter in GG? Couldn't get into Legend of Mana because of all the map nonsense it had going on. It won't stop me from enjoying GG or anything, but it is nice to know.

Angry Potato

Good day!

Looking forward for this hack release. Say, please, is it possible to raise the mission item cap from 64 to 128, like stated in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance : Item Fix version 2.0?

Eternal

@Angry Potato: I actually wasn't aware that the mission item cap could be doubled. If that hack is ever made, I would definitely use it!

@Shintroy: In Vanilla FFTA, placing locations in certain ways could grant you very powerful items early on. They've been nerfed. Heavily. It really doesn't matter where you place things at all. I like to place them logically, with colder areas being in the north, deserts/volcanos to the south, etc.

Shintroy

I thought o was the only one placed things geographically. Good to know Eternal. You're mankind's only hope.

Quote from: JoeCool on January 07, 2015, 03:33:20 pm
Any new/updates on this front??

Patience bro.

Eternal

This is a very busy week at work for me, so there won't be any updates for a bit. Progress is steady and it's just tedious stuff left. That said, item descriptions are almost done, so that's a nice bit of progress.

Eternal

I'm proud to announce that all item descriptions are now done, as are ability descriptions. Now all that's left is making sure items are placed properly- i.e, enemies won't use anything except buyable goods except in certain cases- and testing!

Seika

So I was gong through the forum and your thread caught my eye. I hated FFTA2 for a lot of reasons, balancing being one of the major ones and really wished it had been done better. So after reading, I'm excited to give this a try, Eternal! Glad to see your signature hasn't changed in like, ten years. :P Willing to lend my aid with final version testing if you want the help!

Eternal

Progress is moving slowly but steadily (thanks to me working 13 days straight), but progress is coming along. I'm currently force-setting items and tweaking enemies so their equipment goes in the following order (mostly to sate my OCD):

Weapon
Shield (if applicable)
Headgear
Bodygear
Accessory

Yes- only one accessible will be able to be worn at a time.

EDIT: Those of you who can get Hamachi working and do Link Battles will be in for a pleasant surprise.

bcrobert

Quote from: Eternal on January 16, 2015, 09:57:10 pm

... ... ... ...

I wish you could see the massive frown on my face right now.
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Eternal

Accessories are well worth wearing now. Each one is pretty much equally usable. Promise. :)

Marche

Im looking forward to what i will see turning up in link battles.. when i played the link battles last time using GG it crashed on me lol

Jumza

I'd be surprised if you anyone could get the Link battles to work, even not using GG. Eternal and I tried, no matter what I did (even running both the linked emulator's on one computer, rather than connecting via hamachi) you couldn't do anything past the first attack or ability because it would disconnect them.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.