• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:47 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

COP sprites discussion

Started by Kokojo, April 15, 2009, 12:34:23 am

Cheetah

I'm willing to team up on this Kage, but I really want to have the legs changed out. What do you think? My current thought is the Bard, black pants and shoes to match his hands.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Black pants might looks nice, but I don't know how it will fit on the palette. First step is getting the palette down I guess.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

Okay here is my last Gospel design plus Bard pants. I have no idea what the palette colors are at but it should be doable.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Hmm, how about making pants black(Wizard's black perhaps?), and also making clothes on arms black(but not the shoulder pad)? That would be some good contrast between black, white and hair color.

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Kagebunji on August 12, 2011, 02:38:07 pm
Hmm, how about making pants black(Wizard's black perhaps?), and also making clothes on arms black(but not the shoulder pad)? That would be some good contrast between black, white and hair color.

I was just gonna say this, Black should make him awesome.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Kagebunji

Ok, I need your guys thoughts on this one. Isn't a custom sprite for Ilya and Schaefer neccesary? They have quite a big role in Ch1, and seeing them as plain generics annoy the hell out of me. just using some sprites from main can make it all more awesome. Thoughts?

Joseph Strife

I agree with you kage, and if it's possible to make it for them, it would indeed make the game better.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Pride

Completely agreeing as well.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Tyler

Completely agree with you Kage.
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

Eternal

I demand new sprites for Ilya and Schaefer!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Lijj

Me too, Hector with a special palette and Garnet with a new palette and portrait!

jimmyjw88

Hey guys ~
My millions apologies for all the troubles and delays that I've caused for this sprite, especially to Kokojo. So sorry for letting you down, Kokojo; and to everyone that's looking forward to this as well. For quite some time, my life has been ups and downs. I have no time at all for sprites as they're such tedious work and time consuming to do. With all the ups and downs plus this, I've no mood at all to sprite even when I've little of time. I do come back to visit once in awhile and seeing Kokojo and everyone posting in this topic with no sprite to process and proceed as waiting for my little hopes of light but a return of dissappointment, I felt so guilty myself. My humble apologies for all the dissappointments that I've caused to Kokojo (I'm really sorry, Koko) and everyone else.

Finally, I'm back now and I see that this topic is moving on with a new sprite and its looking good. I'm really happy to see that and I'm really looking forward to this and great job, everyone.

Good luck all, and I'm sorry again for all the dissappointments.

Cheers ~
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

Jimmy I still much prefer your original sprite. Can you post what you have thus far so we could continue working off of that instead of this new design. I made it and I'm not such a fan of it.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Oh...why? This is a good looking sprite. An interesting one.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

It is fine, but your's was far superior. If you lost your old one then we might as well continue with this one, but I would much rather pick up where you left off.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

September 06, 2011, 02:21:49 am #215 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:38:21 am by jimmyjw88
Oh...wow. Never thought of that at all. Haha. Many thanks.
Well, previously I've done most of the main frames but due to sudden pc crashed and wasn't in time to backup my last save, most of the frames are gone. Now, I only have till rear walking frames, unfortunately. A lot still need to do. I will post them when I get back. I will do some fixes to the front walking frames as well; noticed some error.

EDIT: Update (7/9/11)

Cheetah

Yeah this sprite is looking awesome. Do you have it at 100% instead of zoomed in though?
Current Projects:

Kokojo

Yeah sorry for the delay. Jimmy, you did not deceive me. That sprite is awesome and if it took you long to come back, I am glad I waited that long to see you again. You made no concrete promise (no deadline) so I don't judge/hate you at all.

That aside, I am very happy to see you come back and I would like you to pursue making that sprite, if possible.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

jimmyjw88

September 07, 2011, 09:06:32 pm #218 Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:26:06 pm by jimmyjw88
@Cheetah ~ Thanks for the compliment. Yes, i have. I'll post them when i get back. I'm working on charging frame. Because this sprite needs a lot of editing to do (cape and armor especially), please bear in mind that it will be moving slow but i'll try to update a day or two or three once, finishing few frames per day.

@Kokojo ~ I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm very happy and relief yet at the same time, most guilt as after for so long, you still waited with such patient and regardless of my delays, you still welcome me back and looking forward to the sprite. Yes, i will be moving with the sprite and update accordingly.

EDIT: Update 100% (9/9/11)

Kagebunji

Ah, Jimmy. I am happy to see you here after this long time! I will be looking forward and help you with Gospel sprite if you need it, pal.