• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:49 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Inquisitor Class Discussion

Started by MiKeMiTchi, August 22, 2009, 11:35:10 am

MiKeMiTchi

August 22, 2009, 11:35:10 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Since Inquisitors love MP,
Should we make them look PURPLE or violet??

I think.. YES!

And for me, inquisitors shouldn't equip heavy armors or shields. :)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

LastingDawn

August 22, 2009, 01:12:09 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Inquisitors are anti magic casters, their whole purpose is to mangle MP and MP Users (which is everyone), they have moderate MP but they can only wear heavy armor, hats and helmets, they're also one of the very few classes that can equip all kinds of accessories.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

MiKeMiTchi

August 22, 2009, 10:49:59 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Hmm.. Okay, if that's what you think Sir LD. :)
From Dota.. and even from Ragnarok..

Dota's Mage-slayer (Magina) is agile, and really does not wear much.
He relies on his MP-wrecking attacks for defense. Not on armors and such.

Ragnarok's Sages, or Professors, looks like they are wearing some kind of armor,
but not heavy. They look like scholars. They Dispel Magic (casting magic) and cancel them.
They can even cast spells without fail.

Ragnarok's Soul linkers, rely on their MP to survive. Without it, they can't defend themselves.
They aren't really Mages, and they're built to counter mages by using MP itself. Also, they can't equip armors.

What I'm also saying here is Inquisitors should rely solely on MP to defend themselves, and even if they can equip heavy armors,
it would be better if they'll not look like Knights or Warders. I'm just stating my point. :P
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Hmm, he looks too... what's the word... well I guess there isn't a problem. I rather like that, now that I look at it. His casting animation looks a little strange though... that could just be me though.

Art of War

Kagebunji

Well I just posted it here so you could see the sprite, also, did you saw Deadman's Traveller? Itt didn't looked that good, but it may work for traveller.

LastingDawn

I should take a look at the newer sprites, now that I think about it.

Art of War

Kagebunji

I can dig up more sprites from spriting section, there were some new spriters joining in and doing some sprites while you were busy. And yes, visit main page's "custom sprites" section, some decent ones were done.

scatttman

what about something like this for inquisitor

a very raw modes ik it is incomplete.

LastingDawn

I saw them as brave, bold warriors, who don't wear helmets and wear light armor, I'm afraid that design doesn't work too well for me, Think historical Knight's Templar.

Art of War