• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:45:20 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Question] Mediator Editing

Started by HackTastic, July 22, 2016, 11:00:47 pm

HackTastic

Ok So I just wanted to see if it would be possible to make the mediator's spells work on ALL enemies because when I try to use entice on those gargoyle looking guys later in the story that turn you into stone they ALWAYS block it and I just wanted to know if it was possible to make entice work on any entity. Also if it is possible would it break the game if you bring a character like a boss character for example onto your team? 

Nyzer

Yes and yes, though the game wouldn't be unplayably broken.

That said, if you want to mod the game to make bosses recruitable in combat, you might as well discard all pretense and just turn Chant into a Radius 255, 999 damage skill that inflicts every status in the game.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

HackTastic

Thank you for the reply

So now I have some questions
1 since this is possible how would it be done? Specifically
2 can I have an example of how using this on a story line character will semi break the game?
3 if you answer all of these then I thank you full heartedly

Nyzer

Change the formula of Entice and disable immunities to Traitor status. Probably have to edit the status itself.

Some characters use a custom second skillset that I don't think would be present on joining, let alone after switching Jobs. Some enemy Jobs don't have costs set up. Most enemy Jobs don't have a Formation sprite. Plot.

HackTastic

So correct me if I'm wron but the formula would be found in Battle.bin or something like that so I'd have to extract fftpack.bin using fit patcher right?
As for disabling immunities I'm lost on that

Nyzer

It's all just Patcher stuff. No, you don't have to extract anything. You can change the formula of abilities using a dropdown menu in the Abilities tab (you can't make a new one that way, but you can use any existing formula); what Jobs have for innate immunities in the Jobs tab; what the Immortal flag grants immunity to in the Status tab; or which units have the Immortal flag in the ENTD tab. Just look around the Patcher. A lot. There are tutorials and help topics all over the place, too. The reason I say "change the formula" of Entice is because Entice uses a formula that only affects humans without the help of the Beast Tongue support, so even if you disabled the Traitor immunity for the "gargoyles" (demons?) it likely still wouldn't work.

HackTastic

Can you direct me to a thread that will help me achieve what I am trying to accomplish?

Nyzer

Erm, have you taken a look in the Patcher yet? Because I'm pretty sure my last post covered just about everything you'd need to know without outright being a screenshot of every single step from start to finish. The impression I'm getting is that you haven't looked at Entice in the Abilities tab, nor your enemy's Job in the Jobs tab yet, and that's kind of vital. If you've got a specific question about it from there, we can work with that. But this is fairly basic stuff.

If you'd looked in the Abilities tab, you would have seen several mage skills to start, and as you'd scrolled down, you would have seen that it just keeps listing all the abilities from generic jobs - including the Orator's Entice. If you'd looked in the Job's tab, you would have seen a lot of familiar ones there, too - and the first thing each Job shows is its skillset, all of which have their character name attached in the WotL Patcher. Scrolling down within any specific Job would have shown the "Status Immunity" box.

Modifying Entice itself isn't entirely straightforward, because of the way Speechcraft skills don't work on all enemies and the fact that there are two different ways to make units immune to the Traitor status that Entice inflicts, but it confuses me that you went to the fftpack instead of the Abilities tab to begin with, as well as that you weren't able to find most of what you needed after my last post. All I can conclude is that you haven't been looking through the Patcher, and you NEED to do that. If you have a more specific question after done that, we can work from there. But there's a lot that'll become obvious after you look through what many of those Patcher tabs have to offer.

HackTastic

The funny part is I did before you even posted this I removed the immunity of traitor from all the entities
And messed with the job levels so at the start of the game they are already unlocked.
I'm not sure how changing the entice formula will work it will probably make its chances of it not missing 100% but Idk which formula to go with but as for the immunities those have been taken care of

Now if this works I just gotta hope I don't "break" the game

Nyzer

Good! Now, for a formula choice, take a look at what other skills use for formulas. IIRC, Speechcraft skills normally use a MA based formula but with no Fa involved - I'd recommend looking at Choco Esuna, perhaps. You could also try the monks' Purification formula if you'd prefer a PA formula, or Arm/Leg Shot if you want a Speed formula.

HackTastic

Hmm ok!
I mostly just want it to never miss because just because the immunity was taken off doesn't mean it won't miss

HackTastic

Quote from: nyzer on July 24, 2016, 09:55:37 pm
Good! Now, for a formula choice, take a look at what other skills use for formulas. IIRC, Speechcraft skills normally use a MA based formula but with no Fa involved - I'd recommend looking at Choco Esuna, perhaps. You could also try the monks' Purification formula if you'd prefer a PA formula, or Arm/Leg Shot if you want a Speed formula.

Umm OK I have a problem when I even though I removed the traitor immunity from all the jobs people like wiregraf and mealdua or however you say her name, block it and I'm unsure what else I'm suppose to do

Nyzer

Quotewhat the Immortal flag grants immunity to in the Status tab

Status Effects -> Traitor. There's a checkbox for "Immortal Cancels". Most story-specific units have a checkbox called "Immortal" flagged in the ENTD tab for their encounters, which, among other things, grants the unit immunity to any Status Effect that has "Immortal Cancels" flagged.

HackTastic

Quote from: nyzer on July 26, 2016, 02:50:44 pm
Status Effects -> Traitor. There's a checkbox for "Immortal Cancels". Most story-specific units have a checkbox called "Immortal" flagged in the ENTD tab for their encounters, which, among other things, grants the unit immunity to any Status Effect that has "Immortal Cancels" flagged.

OK now is what you meant by not being unplayably broken because I brought milleuda onto our team after I had to kill her so now I get it XD
Ty for the help although she didn't really get added xd