• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:36:45 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Problem about Gaffgarion's replacing sprite

Started by MisogiSatsu805, November 15, 2015, 07:49:36 am

MisogiSatsu805

Hello everyone I'm newbie of this site......
I playing FFT:WotL in PSP.Anyway I'm posting here is because I have a problem about replace gaffgarion's sprite, I replacing gaffgarion's sprites into Cecil's DarkKnight sprite and also I follow carefully in Celdia's tutorials.Also I change Type 1 to Type 2 of the sprite and it's done, but when I play new game and at the start of chapter 1 it turns like this sprite:

I don't know now how to fix this, and is anyone know to how please help.... :(

theultrawolf

This should really be moved to Help, but I'll answer you anyway.
The reason why his sprite appears all miscolored like that is because custom animations aren't stored in the .SPR file, which also contains the palette information, but they're stored in EVTCHR.bin. There's tutorials on the site on how to edit EVTCHRs, and I'm sure there's a couple floating around, but for the most part (99.9%) you have to make them yourself, because as I said the custom animations aren't stored in the sprite file itself.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Jumza

As long as you can look past one or two custom animations glitching out (IE, if this is something that only you will ever see) then don't worry about it. It won't mess with anything else.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

MisogiSatsu805

Update: Hi everyone.....I try to edit my custom animation many times and testing but unfortunately I didn't make it so I have no choice but I need your help guys  :(.

theultrawolf

November 16, 2015, 07:47:10 pm #4 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:20:36 pm by theultrawolf
I posted a step-by-step how-to guide to your question in the Help/Tutorials section. If you're trying to edit the picture files in the EVTCHR editor, there's tutorials on how to go about spriting in the Spriting section as well. My advice would be to use a 2D graphics editing software such as GraphicsGale.

MisogiSatsu805

Update: Ok I followed instruction and I try change pallette like this one:

but still I can't figure out where the exact the pallette of Gaffgarion and the result is the same like I post above  :?.I saw one of the forums this guy name "Twinees" did change.

But still I don't get it I'm sorry.......

theultrawolf