• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:14:59 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Otabo

High move teams are pretty fun to use. Loved the ninja duels. Even though the thief was determined to hit charm on Round 2 (which is mostly why I lost R2), he made up for it in R3 with that opening charm. After seeing this, I'm excited to see my 8 move team in action. GG Doku.

formerdeathcorps

Now you know why I changed up that team entirely.  It couldn't beat anyone.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Shintroy

October 11, 2014, 02:10:34 pm #3502 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:15:02 pm by Shintroy
The first two rounds were all RNG. Was really interested in seeing what Barren's Samurai could do while conscious with Snipe). Third round could've went either way, but berserking favored Barren's team and it was curtains after silentkaster's started retreating and cornering themselves.

Incredibly bad match up and to top of it all the stages didn't help the paladin's lack of mobility and range. Test Knights would've done better on smaller and flatter stages.

(lol move pun) Great match. Would've been better if it weren't for the lancer.

---------------
Really want to see Reinoe's new mime team against a slow team. Utilizes the Mime weapon bug really well.
http://s7.postimg.org/9w0s8pjsb/lol.gif
Some day my people will be free.

Leif1991

Even though I won, I see some flaws in my team. I need to fix those immediately. @_@
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

silentkaster

Although I lost, I still feel my team performed pretty well. A couple minor edits will be all they really require I think. GG Barren.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

reinoe

Quote from: Shintroy on October 11, 2014, 02:10:34 pm

---------------
Really want to see Reinoe's new mime team against a slow team. Utilizes the Mime weapon bug really well.
http://s7.postimg.org/9w0s8pjsb/lol.gif

I never knew about this "glitch".  Sounds frickin' cool.
My dreams can come true!

Reks

October 13, 2014, 08:05:18 pm #3507 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:13:12 pm by Reks
Quote from: Otabo on October 13, 2014, 07:52:10 pm
Ask, and ye shall receive.

FFT Arena 1.39c - Reinoe (Testing The Waters) vs. silentkaster (Stop Right There!)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Barren (Ice Absorb) vs. Fenire (Macrame Pants)

Can I ask, then? I need to see if SWA's change to Wind element was a good decision.

Awesome matches regardless. Thanks, Otabo!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

silentkaster

Holy crap, my luck was bad round 1...not a single status or Raise 2 hit!!! The next rounds went a little more my way. I like Reinoe's idea for sure. Very fun team. GG.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

My ice absorb team did well enough for what it should do. Just keep out healing my opponent which what absorb teams can be built for. GG Fenire, your ninja setup is very good.
You dare cross blades with me?

Fenire

gg Barren. I will definitely need to rework my team. My ninja worked perfectly though so be prepared to see more of him.

Shintroy

Fun fight as expected. Thanks for the vid. The success rate sometimes feels like old 1.3028. RNG aside, It would've been more interesting if silentkaster's team had raise 1 as well. I wonder what'll be the new cursed ring/flash hat combo to make undead teams last past the opening turns.

One sided but a lot of potential from fenire's team. Interesting weapon choice on the ninja. 350+ damage what was it.. rime bolt? Ridiculous. The set was just a glimpse of what's to come with the new faith and innocent weapons paired with oil.

Otabo

October 14, 2014, 05:35:20 pm #3512 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:46:38 pm by Otabo
Quote from: Shintroy on October 14, 2014, 02:21:19 pm
I wonder what'll be the new cursed ring/flash hat combo to make undead teams last past the opening turns.

Probably Cursed Ring + Reflect Mail most likely. It's a huge gamble now, though.

See, IMO, Cursed Ring typically does better on a non-armor unit, though (even though armored units can do well with it too, with a good setup/team). The thing with 1.38 Flash Hat was that it was useful not only because of the Innocent, but because non-armored units could wear it without needing to sacrifice their support slot or their armor slot, and it was possible to cover more weaknesses that Cursed Ring brought (this is why no one ran Reflect Mail + Cursed Ring back then, either). Back then, a popular setup was Flash Hat + Black Costume + Cursed Ring or, Flash Hat + Gold Armor + Cursed Ring (sometimes Flame Shield/Crystal Shield was added, or Genji Shield to prevent Consecration, but Consecration is nowhere near as common as Raise 2 is, so an undead unit could get away with not having dead protection, but that's beside the point). Now if you're a non-armored unit, you'd have to sacrifice your support slot AND your armor slot (or run a pally/lancer/samurai), to protect him/her from one spell, which means that it's harder to cover other weaknesses, meaning you're more vulnerable. Unless you have other units on your team that can quickly put down the Raise 2 caster(s), status him/her or at least apply enough pressure to force him/her into using Raise 2 on its own allies, it's really not that great, and now that you're not guaranteed to revive at 0 count 100 CT, it's even harder to use and take advantage of. I mean, it's still a good item if used right, but it's now more of a gamble than it was before - at least for non-armored units. Besides, now that Dispel Magic got buffed, it's really good now and I imagine that it will become used more. Dispel Magic > Reflect all day long since Dispel Magic itself can't be reflected, meaning Reflect Mail becomes a +135 HP piece of garbage - especially if Dispel is used early in a match, and there is no other way to reapply reflect aside from Nameless Song, which is also a garbage skill due to how the AI uses it.

But anyway, Raise 2 is only the most common threat for undeads. So many teams are running Raise 2. Fire damage (if non-armored and can't use a shield) is still is a problem for them, even now more than before because of what I mentioned earlier. Seal Evil can be problematic as well, but at least there are ways around petrify.

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Fenire

Thanks for the timely video barren.
Well that didn't go so well. Gg Reks

Shintroy

Wasn't expecting a good outcome out of it. Even though it's the third version of my team it's the first 139 version. Removed a Ninja unit for a berserker unit. Going to drop cursed rings on this team since innocent is no longer on flash hat. I'll have it down by MV most likely. Wrecked.

@ Otabo I thought about reflect mail and cursed ring but that leads to mobility issues. Shameful display against that team. Easy 9-1 match up. Might as well have been titled "how not to use cursed ring" rip

Reks

Quote from: Barren on October 15, 2014, 11:51:17 am
FFT Arena 1.39c - Fenire (Macrame Pants) vs Reks (Severe Weather Alert)

SWA did nicely, and it was good to see both Counter Magic actually work without backfiring and my luck deciding to be decent for once.

GG Fenire, and your team looks really solid! (SWA wasn't the best opponent for you to see the strengths of it, sadly)
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

CT5Holy

October 16, 2014, 08:47:20 pm #3518 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 03:02:14 pm by CT5Holy
Hi guys to avoid redundant work, I'm going to record silentkaster's Protect the Queen vs fdc's Power.

Also I just recorded Dokurider's Bomb Squad vs Otabo's Stall Tactics. Will splice and upload at some point. If you guys have requests, PM me! Might take me a while to get around doing it though =P

Dokurider's Bomb Squad vs Otabo's Stall Tactics
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

formerdeathcorps

That mystery attack you saw was Tsuzumakuzu.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.