• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:54:18 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Cd not usable: failed to read .cue file eror. Help me please

Started by CombatJack, August 26, 2012, 08:42:14 am

CombatJack

İ cant play any of this patches im using psx v 1.13 and can only play normal version of the FFT

Please help me about patching and starting game correctly im using ppf o matic then when i start iso file with my emulator it says the cd not usable failed to read .cute file eror.

Help me please.

RavenOfRazgriz

...You need a .cue file so that psx 1.13 can correctly read the disk image type.  That's about the short of it.

You'll need to look for one online or find a way to make one from your vanilla FFT ISO yourself.  Either that, or switch to ePSXe.

CombatJack

wich  emu are you using to play patched games? can you link me yours or can you send me from skype?

Glain

.cue files are just text files that contain:

FILE "Name of bin file" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

You could try just making one and putting it in the same folder as your .bin, although it's funny because I don't seem to need the .cue file with FFT on pSX 1.13.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

I never required a .cue myself. I'd get a warning in the Dos box saying something like: "Unable to read .cue file, assuming 2/2353 format."
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

clishahin

What if i already have a CUE file but the same error still appears? What do i do then?

3lric

Then your cue file is probably not correctly setup. Please post what is inside your cue file

clishahin

Yo the problem has been resolved!!~ : :D :D :D Thanks for all the help

3lric

* Elric steps outside his Admin bubble

Nearly 14 months later?
Are you fuckin' serious?

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0