• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:35:44 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

EzFFT - Ez's Rebalance [Version 0.16]

Started by EzRemake, December 03, 2012, 03:29:15 am

EzRemake

December 03, 2012, 03:29:15 am Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:19:54 am by EzRemake
Hello everyone!

What started as a few tweaks and balances, has now turned into a full fledged rebalance featuring new Jobs!

Overall, the difficulty of the game has increased, as enemy levels will scale with your own. However, enemies in Story Battles will be limited to using the same gear that is available to you, based on your story progression, so you need not worry about over-leveling, if that is your play style.

The overall focus of the patch is to increase challenge for veteran players, without overdoing it, while at the same time adding some fresh new features.

JP costs have been reduced in all areas so that enemies will have a wider array of abilities they are capable of learning. This will also benefit the player by heavily reducing grind times, and offsets the removal of Gained JP UP.

I will continue to make changes and balances as necessary. If there is anything you would like to see, or if you find any bugs, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Screenshots for new skill sets are now available in Featured Changes below

Featured Changes

General Gameplay

-Story Battle enemy levels will scale to the player party level.
-Story Battle enemy equipment will scale based on story progression
-All Jobs are available. This also applies to enemies - Human enemies will have random second abilities in random battles
-Gained JP UP has been removed, however JP costs have been reduced
-Move Find Item is now an Innate Ability for all Jobs
-Soldier Office can now rename anyone
-Monster HP/PA/MA Multipliers have been increased
-Faith is no longer used. All magic skill sets have been completely rebalanced in regards to this.
-Removed zodiac compatibility
-JP scroll glitch fixed
-Removed permanent brave/faith alteration
-Magic and Summoning damage balanced
-Broken/Stolen items can be bought back at Fur Shop
-All monsters can use Beast master moves
-Secret Hunt is no longer a requirement for entering the Fur Shop
-Growth rates are now the same for all generic Jobs
-Modified all generic Job stat Multipliers
-Many monster skills have had their effectiveness increased
-Enemies should no longer be learning Equip Abilities (i.e Wiegraf getting Equip Axe, thus becoming a total Joke)
-New enemy team compositions in story battles [Ongoing]
-Minimum movement for all jobs is now 4
-Monsters now have normalized speed
-Weapon Equip support skills have been removed
-No more Spillover JP

Job Changes

Squire
-Can equip shields
-Can learn Weapon Guard
-Dash and Throw Stone have been given damage scaling
-Generic Squires can no longer learn Accumulate but can now learn Wish
-[Ramza]Cheer Up now adds Regen
-[Ramza]Accumulate now costs 12 MP and adds Protect
-[Ramza]Yell now costs 12 MP and adds Haste
-[Ramza]Scream now costs 16 MP and adds Wall

Chemist
-Auto Potion now ignores Hi-Potions, and X-Potions

Knight
-Innate Ability: Maintenance
-Can no longer learn Weapon Guard
-Can now learn Counter
-Can no longer equip Robes
-Has two new skills, Thrusting Strike and True Strike

Archer
-Can no longer equip Crossbows
-Charge has been replaced with a new skill set called Trickshot

Monk
-Chakra now heals the user only
-Chakra now heals based on MA, does not recover MP
-Revive vertical height increased from 0 to 3
-Repeating Fist now does consistent damage
-Revive can no longer fail
-Can no longer learn Counter
-Can no longer learn Martial Arts
-Has 3 new abilities, Hail Strike / Cinder Strike / Voltage Strike

Priest
-Can equip Rods

Wizard
-Can equip Staves
-Poison now does damage equal to a tier 1 spell and has a chance to apply Poison

Time Mage
-Can equip Rods
-Can equip Books

Summoner
-Immune to Silence
-Summons are now evadable
-Can no longer learn Half of MP

Thief
-Immune to Don't Move
-Can no longer learn Move +2 or Jump +2

Mediator
-Has been replaced by Hunter
-Uses Guns and Crossbows to dispatch their enemies
-Innate Ability: Two Swords
-Innate Ability: Secret Hunt
-Can equip guns
-Can equip dual crossbows

Oracle
-Immune to Frog
-Can no longer learn Pray Faith / Doubt Faith / Foxbird
-Success rates on spells have been improved

Geomancer
-Innate Ability: Any Ground
-Innate Ability: Move on Lava
-Immune to Darkness
-Geomancy now uses the same equation as other offensive magic
-Geomancy no longer applies status effects

Lancer
-Jump increased from 4 to 6
-Can no longer equip Robes

Samurai
-Innate Ability: Two Hands
-Innate Ability: Equip Change
-No longer Draws Out, instead has a 35% chance of drawing out equipped Katana on attacking an enemy
-Katanas can no longer break
-Can no longer learn Two Hands
-Can no longer learn Blade Grasp

Ninja
-Innate Ability: Throw Item
-Can no longer learn Two Swords
-Can no longer learn Abandon
-Can no longer equip Knives or Flails

Calculator
-Has been replaced by Devout
-Uses Poles and Armor to subdue opponents
-Uses skills based on Karmic energy
-Damage Split now returns 25%, reduced from 50%

Bard
-Has been replaced by Spellsword
-Combines Swords and Knight Swords with Mana to produce damaging attacks

Dancer
-Has been replaced by Cultist
-Uses cursed forgotten magic to destroy non-believers

Mime
-Removed

Items

-Crossbows are now Two Swords capable
-Balanced the weapon power of all crossbows to compensate for dual wielding
-Increased the weapon power of all books
-Cloud's Materia Blade has had it's weapon power increased
-More items are available at the start of the game, with modified weapon powers
-Guns have had their weapon power increased
-Poles now use the formula PA*WP
-Shoes now provide minor evasion bonuses
-Many items have had their spell effects remove (i.e Ice Brand etc.)
-Healing no longer damages undead
-Undead ignore Phoenix Downs
-Many items have been made to be not rare, and now appear in shops in the endgame at high prices.
-Remedy price increased by 10x
-Hats now provide half of previous MP amounts
-Ninja Blades now have drastically reduced weapon power to make up for dual wielding
-Potion now heals for 30 HP, Hi-Potion 60 HP, X-Potion 120 HP
-Phoenix Downs now have the capability of healing 1-30 HP
-All Katana draws now do damage and no longer add status effects or healing
-Many clothes and robes have had their PA/MA/SP bonuses reduced or removed
-Ethers now appear in Chapter 2, and Hi-Ethers appear in Chapter 4 and are more expensive
-Many items have been changed or rebalanced with better availability for some weapon types

New rare end game weapons coming soon!

Misc

-Swordskills now cost MP
-Swordskills are now evadable as magic attacks
-Malak and Rafa's skills now use normal spell formulas and target one unit only
-Some of Cloud's Limit skills have had their damage altered
-Poison and Regen now do 1/8th of max health per tick
-All Mage Jobs now have MA Multipliers of 120
-All physical damaged based Jobs now have PA Multipliers of 100
-Silence now wears off with a CT of 50
-Poison now lasts for 50 CT, increased from 36
-Attack UP now increases damage by 20%
-Martial Arts bonus has been reduced from 50% to 25%
-Enemies such as Wiegraf, Gafgarion, Izlude, Zalmo etc. now have innate Defence UP, Magic Defence UP, and Maintenance

Recent changes

-[0.16]Enemies in Chapter 3 story battles now have preset abilities and accessories

-[0.16]Attack UP now increases damage by 20%
-[0.16]Martial Arts bonus has been reduced from 50% to 25%
-[0.16]Monk can no longer learn Martial Arts

-[0.16]Septic Sword and Soulshriek Blade damage increased
-[0.16]Torpid Strike damage decreased

-[0.16]New Accessory Item: Soul Shackles - Cancels Crystal and Treasure (Unit will not pass away after countdown)

-[0.16]Bracer PA has been reduced by 1
-[0.16]Diamond Armlet has been replaced by Glacier Armlet
-[0.16]Price of the final 3 weapons in all main categories increased
-[0.16]All Knight Swords are now available for purchase, each with standardized Weapon Power

-[0.16]All Katanas have had their Weapon Power reduced by 1
-[0.16]All Swords have had their Weapon Power reduced by 1
-[0.16]All Knives have had their Weapon Power reduced by 1
-[0.16]All Longbows have had their Weapon Power increased by 1
-[0.16]Poles are now equal to Spears in damage
-[0.16]All Poles have had their Evade reduced by 10%

-[0.16]All Jobs focused on physical damage now have PA Multipliers of 100

As always, you can update using a fresh iso, and can continue with your previous save files.

Download 0.16
Login to show download link

Eternal

Interesting changes. Nothing fancy at all, but a very good start. This was pretty much what I wanted to do with KO, but FFT has so much broken stuff that I had to do a lot more, heh.

I can tell you right now that innate MA Up on Wizards is a terrible idea. Since it's innate, you can stack it with Short Charge, which will lead to some insanely high, quick spell damage. Throw that in with elemental boosting, and it becomes downright broken. Same goes for Short Charge on Time Mages. Throw MA Up on them and they become ridiculously good.

I'm confused as to why you removed Two Swords from Celia/Lede, too.

That aside, this looks nice!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Really, a lot of Celia/Lede's deadliness come from their Use Hand skillset, which can utterly destroy a unit at 100% accuracy. Instead of getting rid of Two Swords on them, perhaps consider making Stop Bracelet/Seal use PA+X% or something. This way, your units can avoid the flat-out Death effect, but Celia/Lede can still deal decent melee damage with Two Swords.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Ah, I was thinking more from Limberry Gate/Inside Limberry than Riovanes Roof. You could probably get away with giving Rafa slightly better armor for that fight so she'll last a bit longer. All it takes is one turn to get into decent healing/buffing range, if even that.

Eternal

Your save should be fine.

Jumza

I'm intrested to found out what septic sword does/looks like. Best name for a swordskill IMO :D
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

EzRemake

January 29, 2013, 03:27:58 am #6 Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:33:42 am by EzRemake
Version 0.16 was a big balance patch in terms of getting similar weapon classes and jobs on par with each other (i.e Balance), as well as bringing damage numbers down as they were higher than intended - especially due to the appearance of Bracer.

I've tried numerous ways to allow Martial Arts to stay, but even with the decreases to Martial Arts damage, the Punch Ninja is still way too strong. Monk is still a solid Job as always, however is now more dependent on using skills in order to maximize their damage (Due to no weapon upkeep).

Soul Shackle is the first new item of many I plan on adding. The goal is to add more diversity in accessory set up.

New end game weapons will also be making an appearance in an upcoming update. These weapons will be unavailable in shops, and will only be obtainable from the Deep Dungeon.

EzRemake

Sorry about the delay of 0.17, I've had a few things on my plate recently and haven't had the time to work on things. I will definitely have it done by the end of the month, and will have Chapter 4 story battles completed.

Otabo

Any big changes coming to Deep Dungeon? Like, any special fights or something? :D

EzRemake

Yes, I want to remake the DD battles so that they are nothing like what they are now. I want them to give a very 'end-game' feeling, with special weapons that can only be obtained there. Whether that is going to be through using steal, or as a battle reward, I'm not sure yet.

I'm also not sure if the DD changes will be taking place in the next version however, as something like that is going to take quite a bit of testing to get right.

savantopus

Really cool ideas man, I am going to implement some of them into my personal patch. Check out this idea I have: Do away with the class associated armor equip. So mages and priests can wear armor, etc. HOWEVER the penalty for wearing armor is loss of movement speed. Doesn't this make more sense? If something is magical, it can go through buildings and clothes and armor... why should magic users be penalized from getting more HP? Furthermore, if you are wearing heavy armor which gives you more physical protection, wouldn't it be more difficult to MOVE and JUMP around?? Another idea I have for the sake of increasing realism is to give all players more HP but drastically reduce the effectiveness of potions and phoenix down. I mean what is a potion? Water or juice? If you just got smacked in the face with a sword there is no apple juice on earth that will help you recover to full health. Giving more HP at the start will make the battles last longer and each attack more meaningful. This increases the depth and strategy of the game. Worth a shot?
  • Modding version: PSX
Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.

EzRemake

It's definitely not a bad idea, my only concern is how you would go about implementing those changes. Something like that would require ASM hacking. Also, it would radically change the balance of the game, as you'd be able to have tank-like mages who are hard to kill, can kill groups of people, and can heal themselves up. I don't think the movement penalties would really effect them that much either, unless they can only move 1 tile at a time or something - at that point you have to consider fun factor.

As far as potion balancing, you could try making potions heal for a low % of max life, allowing them to scale throughout the game, but still be significantly weaker.