• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:28 pm

Map editing woes

Started by Jumza, November 21, 2011, 08:19:21 pm

Jumza

Alright, so i just got (back) into map editing (after a bout a year so i forget everything) and I deleted all the polygons around the area that i wanted to keep and I set every tile to Impassable Check Unselectable not Checked, and I can still move on to the tiles that have been checked impassable, I did it for both level 0 and level 1 yet it still persists with chars being able to "walk off stage". I know i put in all the files right so i have no idea where i went wrong.
Any ideas?
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Cheetah

What about the actual dimensions of the map, have you change that? Where you define how many by how many actual squares the map space is.
Current Projects:

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

I'm with Cheetah on this one, that's the only thing I can think of.  But it should still not have been working in the first place.  Could you post a screen shot?

Jumza

Alright here it is, you can see ive checked the panel Impassable yet, the squire is still able to move on it.
Yes i am aware i still need to mess with the black polygons so they dont go on top of the map, whatever.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Either make both of them Impassable and Unselectable, or shrink your map size to remove all of the area you are not using. Those four pillars of floating land you have there will have to go though. Here's how to do that from Gomtuu's instructions:

Quote from: Ganesha InstructionsTo resize terrain, you must be in terrain mode. Press D (or d) to display the Edit Terrain Dimensions dialog. Enter the new dimensions and click Ok. The terrain will immediately be resized to the new dimensions. If you make the terrain smaller than it was, tiles around the edges will be removed and lost permanently. If you make the terrain larger than it was, new flat, "Natural Surface" tiles at height 0 will be created around the edges.

This also means that if you resize to the size of the blue area, you will need to move all of the blue area down and left, as Ganesha doesn't just trim the all 4 edges of a map, but rather it builds from 0 on the XY axis.

Jumza

Well removing the 4 pillars would screw with the way i had thought this up in the first place,
How come i can't make it like in almost every place where you can have your cursor over a panel but can't have your unit move there? Is ganesha incapable of editing that? That's not how i remember it before.