• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:12:34 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Parted Ways Beta v0.361 (Bug fixes, more Blue Magic, cheaper use items!)

Started by Eternal248, June 23, 2011, 10:15:51 am

Panda_Tar

Quote from: Eternal248 on March 06, 2012, 03:36:31 pm
Biggs and Wedge are being put back into the first battle at Orbonne in the next version. :D

Poor blokes, getting back to get killed.

Ok, I'll check later about Summoning stuff.

On a long term, do you intend in inserting other optional bosses, Holy Stone bosses? You have FF XII as basis. Of course, something unrelated to storyline, more like to have another high-level Dungeon, who knows.

And just a last question before I retreat home: is it possible adding a new ailment or is it all about placing things in exchange of others? I'm curious because I'd thinking on having FROZEN status ailment, which would work like Petrify in FF X or Frozen in FF IX. Once you get hit, you get killed, but you can stay frozen (stop-like disable) for up to 4 turns, for example, before warming up again. 6 turns if you're in a snow-like map.
  • Modding version: PSX
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Eternal

I use FFXII as a basis for a ton of stuff in PW, and I would insert the other Lucavi, but I simply don't have sprites and room for skills for them, sadly.

With ASM you could probably make a Frozen status, yeah.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Panda_Tar

Well, that's logical given that they are supposed to be on the same land called Ivalice, however one is not the other. People in Squarenix were stoned at that time.

Oh, all right, thank you for the answers and keep the good work.

Eternal

It is, but FFXII's Ivalice just terraforms during the Cataclysm to FFT's Ivalice. You even go to Goug in FFTA2, and see Bervenia Volcano in FFXII: RW, which both take place during FFXII's time.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Panda_Tar

I suppose I skipped storyline somewhere...

Anyway, I'm just playing the game and it doesn't show the captions properly. I'll take a look on the bugs list and see if it's me that's the problem.

Eternal

Do you mean the text at Gariland Academy and Ovelia's Prayer? Sometimes the emulator will bug that up.

Panda_Tar

Yeah, her prayer read nicely (good work on the texting, btw, it feels much more Medieval and polite, reminds me even more FF XII). What bugs up is mainly the menu. Actually, while i'm playing, I'm making notes of what I see in strangeness. I'll list to you later on. Many of this might have already been said, so I'm not posting it all again not to waste your time. I'll mention this and that, but the most oopsie-a-daisy stuff I might detail. Ok?

Panda_Tar

Ah, are we supposed to start at Gariland with 300 HP? I mean, the items look like they are strong already, although I cannot read what they are properly. And 3 of my characters have UNDEAD ailment at the start, and 2 others HASTE. All enemies came to battle under POISON effect.

Eternal

All the enemies are wearing Prisoner's Garbs, which give a tremendous HP/MP bonus, but if you wear it, you'll always be Poisoned. Some items such as the Sacrifical Dagger (Auto: Undead, Add: Undead) have good stats, but may be coupled with a debuff to balance it out.

Panda_Tar

I was asking this because I wondered if there was a new HP|MP cap of 9.999, as well as damage, since starting HP and MP were that high, so it would look a bit like other FF games where you start a bit better (not speaking proportionally). Still, with all these messed up texts in the menus, I cannot read what I'm researching in the jobs, or what they do, what their effects (by pushing Select) are, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Is this all about my emulator? That Dash for Kanji problem seldom happens though.

Eternal

Could you take some screenshots? The help text shouldn't be buggy at all.

Panda_Tar

Screenshot then, I'll be taking. Hold on.

Eternal

Yeah... that shouldn't be happening. Like I mentioned in the other topic, here are some things you should check:

-That you're using ePSXe
-That you patched a clean ISO