• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:32:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Requesting assistance on giving Marche the boot

Started by 赤魔女, January 06, 2017, 11:45:35 pm

赤魔女

So there was one topic I saw on the boards for this subject, but it was never quite resolved...

Is there any way to just nuke Marche's model and replace it w/ another race?

I want to mod my FFTA to have all Viera; but i'm constantly forced, in game, to keep Marche around. I'd much rather have that character be a bunnygirl. How do I go about doing this?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I like Vieras. They are cool.

nitwit

Keep us posted on this mod.

I would ask at RHDN if anyone knows where the sprites and palettes are stored.

赤魔女

quagmire_onyx

January 11, 2017, 10:39:25 am #3 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:44:35 am by quagmire_onyx
I'd love to see this happen. Is it possible to use the formation editor in AIO to swap the "special character" tag that the first member of the party uses? By default it is set to Marche, but maybe you could remove that quality and just change the race or something? I've never looked too deep into this, but I can give it a try when I get home. If you find anything else, please post back here.
"Never tell me the odds." - Han Solo

quagmire_onyx

Sorry, I didn't get enough time today. I'll try when I return from school tomorrow. I'm almost certain I can get this to work...

dck

Making Marche as an unit look like whatever race you like and use their sprites is fairly trivial with bcrobert's nightmare modules, all one has to do for that is making sure the sprite chosen actually has animations for all the special cutscene actions Marche is part of.
Actually replacing him with another unit altogether or having another random unit that is in the #1 spot take up his place will most likely be a tremendous headache since the game pulls Marche's information up extremely often. Even removing Montblanc from the team prior to the first Jagd engagement where he can die for the first time is something FFTA can't really handle with simple changes iirc.
  • Discord username: adri#1824

quagmire_onyx

I actually discovered this too, I apologize for not coming here sooner. Thanks for the tip @dck. On my first attempt I tried replacing the actual unit with Ritz, knowing Ritz functions as a Viera, I tried to change Marche's race to Viera. That didn't work at all since it just loaded the default Marche (sort of like when you set an empty slot to appear in a battle, it's a horrible level 1 soldier.) And I couldn't even get past the introductory battle where you first meet Montblanc.

赤魔女

Hmm.. ok. So I basically need a custom sprite sheet for Marche? And his race will have to be stuck as hume still using this method, correct?

nitwit

You may be able to find where the sprite and palette are located with TileMolester, though I'm not sure how you would edit it.  You'd have to find some tool to import/export images from a GBA rom.