• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:13:13 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 1 ☢ ☢ ☢ (FINISHED!)

Started by Gaignun, May 01, 2012, 03:48:46 am

dacheat

Quote from: Barren on May 20, 2012, 10:57:33 pm
awesome sequence that happened in Round 1! GG Eternal, I enjoyed our bloodbath we had

Almost had a wombo combo v2 haha.

Kagebunji

I just checked, and I lost two battles in a row. Fuck that, I am not entering another tournament with AI involved, cause I always loose. I challenge you cunts to a spriting contest instead!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Reks

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 21, 2012, 01:44:11 pm
I just checked, and I lost two battles in a row. Fuck that, I am not entering another tournament with AI involved, cause I always loose. I challenge you cunts to a spriting contest instead!

We do what we're good at, you do what you're good at.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Kagebunji

Yeah, and I lost like three tournaments in a row without even getting out of the first brackets.

Reks

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 21, 2012, 01:52:07 pm
Yeah, and I lost like three tournaments in a row without even getting out of the first brackets.

And you're a godly spriter. Trade off? Or just not enough time messing with the AI? Either way.

Taichii

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Dynablade

Damn, status effects. On every map they proved to be very powerful, Stop most of all. My squad couldn't really do heavy damage and they struggled to keep any sort of lead once the enemy got up.
Good stuff, til next time~!

Was the team supposed to be based heavily on status? Well, guess it was but there wasn't much damage past the DAs/DMs/Silences TheDamned did get, and fucking Berserk, the nail in his coffin. Really lucky charms too, got at least five at ~55%.

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Dokurider

May 22, 2012, 12:57:42 am #250 Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:08:35 am by Dokurider
Quote from: Dynablade on May 21, 2012, 09:08:42 pm

Was the team supposed to be based heavily on status? Well, guess it was but there wasn't much damage past the DAs/DMs/Silences TheDamned did get, and fucking Berserk, the nail in his coffin. Really lucky charms too, got at least five at ~55%.

The Damned really needed Wiznaibus and it seemed the AI didn't want to use it, if they even had it. The dancers should have been optimized to deal more damage. Who was supposed to revive in the first place?

Dynablade

Jansported's team doesn't do a ton of damage, but they're fairly solid when together, with the black mage packing most of the punch. But if that thief gets separated, it's a big problem. And even when they were together, they just didn't do a ton of damage, allowing Vigilanti to recover and attack himself.

Reks

That was one tanky Mediator.

dacheat

Quote from: Barren on May 22, 2012, 12:06:51 am
Let me know Dol if you ever need me to do another match in the loser's barcket

I guess I haven't commentated any matches do y'all might be hesitant to do this, but if somebody's swamped with other work I can do a match or two for them provided that they send me a vid of the match.

Avalanche

Since the winner of this Match will be my next opponend i was thankfull that fanatic won that. Because ninjitsu is the natural enemy of my Team due to innocence on my thiefs. Eventhough i would be able to outsandbag it unitl innocence wears off. Still i rly dont like Ninjutsu and Kagesui skills. So good job Fanatic i hope our Match will be entertaining

One of my thiefs having a ninja knife instead of a hidden knife realy suprised me, I totaly forgott to change that, as is it seems

Fanatic

I figure I got about a 40% chance of winning the first round against you, Avalanche, and no chance to win any of the others. The amount of RNG blessings I need to win is... ridiculous. I loathe charm, and you've got three units to spam it with. Moreover, my samurai will only use MD if 1) a unit is charging an attack they wish to interrupt, 2) there are two units that can be affected by it, or 3) they have no other move. None of these three events are likely to happen outside of the first round. You should have no trouble killing me off, unless I knock you into sandbag or sleep/stop your guys before you start charming my team.

Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

dinosaur

Quote from: dacheat on May 22, 2012, 01:38:19 pm
I guess I haven't commentated any matches do y'all might be hesitant to do this, but if somebody's swamped with other work I can do a match or two for them provided that they send me a vid of the match.

I demand an audition video!! Just find two random arena teams and have fun- I look forward to the video :] you might be a star!

dacheat

Quote from: dinosaur on May 23, 2012, 10:01:06 pm
I demand an audition video!! Just find two random arena teams and have fun- I look forward to the video :] you might be a star!

Unfortunately I can't record any arena battles right now since I'm having issues getting epsxe to run on my mac with wine. All of my testing and such has been done on my PSP (which occasionally freezes), and I can't record that...

If anyone wants to help me get epsxe running on wine I'll gladly record a video. I guess I'll look into getting it to work tonight.

Celdia

Quote from: Celdia on May 14, 2012, 11:45:34 pm

I don't know what units on Xeno's team worry me the most for the next round, but that Scholar is either going to ruin my shit or win me the match by triggering Critical Quick on my Ninjas. Time will tell.

Fucking called it. Critical Quick saved my ass there. Gave me the advantage I needed to stop Xeno's sandbagging and wrap up that match. Damn fine fight, Xeno. That was an absolute nailbiter to watch. GG, +1, would fight again.

And because I'm never one to let a bad trend die...FDC, you're next!
Oh god please don't let this hurt too much... ;_;
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0