• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:43:28 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Max number of abilities per character

Started by Heisho, January 09, 2018, 01:04:08 pm

Heisho

Greetings everyone.

I read sometime ago that the max number of abilities per character is 32 plus defend and equip change. Most of this info came when looking for information on ALMA, which has been labeled as buggy by many people.

The point is that while messing around with the extra skillsets (Defend in this case) by normalizing them (using Xif's spreadsheet) I load it with other 16 abilities they showed correctly and worked (at least the 16th). Then I added 2 normal full skillsets (16 abilities each) and everything seem to work. And yes, all abilities were different, not a single slot was repeated so 48 different skills were loaded on that single character.

So is this common knowledge? Or have I found something new?

BTW, I didn't test Equip Chang along everything else
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Xifanie

According to my notes, you can have up to 36 active abilities working fine for the player in an extra skillset, but only 15 for the AI... though since you're not using the ARH2 anyway, that hack won't even affect AI, so yeah, 36 abilities would easily cover the 16 of any extra skillset.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Heisho

So this means that aside from the 32 slots from the Job and 2nd skillset, you can add 36 more to lets say Defend and Equip Change, but the AI will only handle 15?
So a player can have 68 slots?
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho