• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:59 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Replacing maps with attack.out

Started by philsov, March 03, 2012, 11:17:24 am

philsov

I'm trying to make the battle at Thieves Fort actually occur in the lost sacred precients. 

So... take my extracted attack.out file in the same folder as the editor, change the map to LSP in a shotgunned array from 02D-034, save, and then reimport this onto my iso.  Load save that's camped at Mandalia, walk in.... and I'm still at thieves fort. 

Where's the error?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

3lric

Quote from: philsov on March 03, 2012, 11:17:24 am
I'm trying to make the battle at Thieves Fort actually occur in the lost sacred precients. 

So... take my extracted attack.out file in the same folder as the editor, change the map to LSP in a shotgunned array from 02D-034, save, and then reimport this onto my iso.  Load save that's camped at Mandalia, walk in.... and I'm still at thieves fort. 

Where's the error?

You actually only need to change 02D-033 (034 is the setup event for the next event)

As for the issue, with all my experience with attack.out, you actually have to start the game over. Loading from a savestate won't work. Nor will a save game IIRC
I've experienced this many many times while creating events  :mrgreen:

Tho i suppose that might only be due to the emulator I use.
  • Modding version: PSX

philsov

QuoteNor will a save game IIRC

Blech.  Now I need to get all organized and shit to minimize continually restarting new files. 

Thanks Elric :D
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Kokojo

False! Attack.out changes are done IF they are at least 1 event away from the event that's changed.

Load new attack.out --> Cdmage --> Reset --> Load a save
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

3lric

Quote from: Kokojo on March 04, 2012, 12:51:56 pm
False! Attack.out changes are done IF they are at least 1 event away from the event that's changed.

O.o that hasn't been the case for me :/

tho maybe i just suck
  • Modding version: PSX