• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:27 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Enemy Monsters equip items

Started by Heisho, April 16, 2018, 02:53:05 pm

Heisho

Hello there!

I've been looking for a way for monsters to equip items. The only reference I found is an old thread (Monster takeover) where Emmy says there was a method on other thread for enemy monsters equip items.

I search for said thread with no positive results. My goal is to assign specific items on monsters. Regarding allied monsters I found the code that address that but at the moment is not a priority.

Anyone knows that thread Emmy spoke of?

Thanks in advance
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Nyzer

I believe I remember reading a post from her that said there were so many checks on Monsters that forcibly deequip them that it was functionally impossible. She was saying she'd found and disabled like a dozen or two of them and it was STILL not working.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Heisho

Maybe I'll try to check with her because I saw on some pictures her photobucket, a monster equipped...unless it was human class looking as a monster.
In fact I only need for that on 2 monsters, and they are special monsters so it might be less complicated...well I think.

3lric

Having it be on 1 monster isnt any more or less complicated than having it on a dozen monsters. Not sure why you think that will be easier...

Heisho

Because special monsters are more "closer" to human characters having skillsets more like them. For example if you use a new skillset on regular monsters they will master all abilities by default, how ever if there is a learn by hit ability it won't display in the skillset screen (like Worker 8 or Byblos appears as "Master") when on special monsters does.

It's just a theory, even in WotL on some missions the Iron Giant has some items equipped, so I believe there is a way less complicated with special monsters than regular.

That and that picture I saw:

Emmy

The way to make enemy monsters have equipment is to assign them a gender (male or female), and NOT monster.  They also must not be recruitable, or they'll function as human.  As it was said, I have tried to make monsters equip things legitimately, but the problem is with stupid checks all over the place in the code.  "branch if unit is a monster" followed by "branch if unit has no item equipped in x slot" (why would the first check be necessary if the 2nd check is made). 

Heisho

Those checks sound like a whole lot of useless code...

Anyway in my case is good news since that was exactly what I was looking for. Haven't tested yet but I trust Emmy in the monster department.

I'm marking this topic as solved. As always, many thanks to all who take time to help.

Cheers.