• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:22:11 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Forum Roleplay---Double Dilemma

Started by formerdeathcorps, August 05, 2013, 07:41:58 am

formerdeathcorps

August 05, 2013, 07:41:58 am Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:40:28 am by formerdeathcorps
OK, I've got a game I thought up and you all are going to be the guinea pigs.

It's based off the Prisoner's Dilemma, but with teamplay.  I call it Double Dilemma.

A) Each team will have the same number of people, somewhere between 6-10.  At start, all players will know who is on their team and who is on the other team.
B) Within both teams, there is a spy and an anti-spy.
C) The spy works for the other team.  The spy's job is to kill off the members of the team he is spying on (see below) and to provide accurate information (see below).  The anti-spy's job is to poison the information received by the other team with doubt and to eliminate the spy (see below).
D) Before the face-off phase (see below), the spy may reveal EITHER who he thinks the anti-spy is OR the number of players on the other team (both of which can affect team strategy).  He may not reveal anything else.  The anti-spy reveals the same type of information to the other team, but in a way intended to confuse.
E) Each team will choose two of their members to face off the other team's chosen members 1v1.
F) Before the duel, each person may declare himself a spy of the team the person is dueling.  Of course, this need not be believed.
G) On the basis of the information given in F), each person facing off can either say to kill or spare the other person.
  I) If one person in a face-off says kill and the other says spare, the killer's wish is granted.
  II) If both people in a face-off say kill, then the other pair is killed UNLESS...
  III) If both people in a face-off say spare, they are both spared AND they get to reflect a type II) attack back to sender.  In other words, if Face-Off 1 results in kill / kill and Face-Off 2 results in spare / spare, then Face-Off 1's players die.
  IV) Obviously, Face-Off 1 and Face-Off 2's players do not know each others' decisions.
H) The rest of the team will know of the results of G) as pertaining to their team only, but not the choices made.  Without a word from the survivors (if any), the team is to vote on the fate of the survivors of the face-off.  Votes are either kill or spare and in the case of a tie, the person is spared.  People killed this way have the right to say whatever they want as a last word.
I) A team loses if they have only one loyal member left.  If both teams lose, the result is a tie.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

st4rw4k3r

Taichii

omoshiroi >u<
*raises hand* im gonna join :3
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Jumza

I'll join. Gotta re-read those rules though o.o
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

reinoe

I'm in.  But I've never done a roleplay before.  Plus this sounds better the more players there are.
My dreams can come true!

formerdeathcorps

Plus this sounds better the more players there are.

Pretty much, since this is meant to play like Mafia.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.