• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Clarity on FFTorgASM's Conflict Checker [solved]

Started by yamish, February 15, 2019, 12:51:11 pm

yamish

February 15, 2019, 12:51:11 pm Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 04:26:02 pm by yamish
The Conflict Checker is divided into files. In each one it has the patch's memory location and which location is conflicting, as well as a patch number.

There are situations where a patch appears to be conflicting with itself. It lists its own location, which I'm going to assume is the start/beginning address (i don't know proper ASM semantics), its own patch number, then a conflict location that is always very near the patch's own listed location.

Is this the conflict checker throwing a false positive due to how the patch rewrites the instructions/variables or expanded/decreased memory block size or something like that? The conflicting memory location in the situations appear to be less than/before the write location of the selected patch.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

yamish

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz