• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:33 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Team Design Tool

Started by Gaignun, December 20, 2011, 11:42:12 pm

Dokurider

What's your RAM? It's also referring to memory space. Perhaps you have too much stuff going on.

Otherwise I've googled the system error. See if this works:

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. As I understand, you are unable to open a particular Excel file which is downloaded from the Google docs.

Since the issue occurs with a particular file, it might be file specific issue.

Just a quick question:

What is the format of the File?

Save the file locally on the system and then try to open the file and check if it opens fine.

Right click on the saved file, click on Properties and uncheck the option Block and then try to open the file and check.

If you are still unable to open the file in Excel then open the file in CSV format, save the file as Excel file (.xlsx) and then try to open the file and check.

I hope the above suggestions helps to resolve your issue. If you need any further assistance reply and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mudvayne

Opening the file with the 'block' unchecked solved the problem.

Thanks Dokurider  ;)

Leif1991

We should update this tool for Arena 139. It would make team building a tad easier. 
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Shintroy

Edited in all the equipment and class changes.

If anyone knows how to edit the yellow boxs in this pic I'll send them the file to finish. Until then I'll be slowly figuring out how to update the last part.

http://s27.postimg.org/ymd9tmjlv/wut.gif
Some day my people will be free.

Andante49

October 24, 2014, 06:08:52 pm #24 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:58:20 pm by Andante49
Should be everything for 1.39c. The yellow boxes for the abilities are Input Messages through Data Validation.

Came up with a very crude solution to get Tsumazuku and Houkouton to forecast correctly that shouldn't interfere with anything else.

EDIT: Now with the correct headgear stats, thanks reinoe. Also now the Mime class unlock cost is included in the total JP, is that what you meant?

reinoe

October 25, 2014, 04:49:02 pm #25 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:39:56 pm by reinoe
Quote from: Andante49 on October 24, 2014, 06:08:52 pm
Should be everything for 1.39c. The yellow boxes for the abilities are Input Messages through Data Validation.

Came up with a very crude solution to get Tsumazuku and Houkouton to forecast correctly that shouldn't interfere with anything else.

Fantastic work!!!!  I tried doing simple updates and couldn't get them to work.  I uh...immediately noticed that Mime's haven't been allocated their 3k jp.  Although a temporary fix is to just calculate up to -3k.

Black Hood isn't allocating 30 MP.
My dreams can come true!

Corosar

I have a rather frustrating issue... i can't use this tool due to the fact i can't get microsoft excel... part of me wishes i could make a port to another program but i can't as i don't know how its coded.. its not anyone's fault... its just frustrating... having to wait for people to make matches kinda makes me more and more anxious for more... is there an alternative method of getting teams made for a memcard?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Gaignun

MemCardRex and FFTastic were used to generate memory cards many moons ago.  I'm not sure if these programs are compatible with the current patch, though.

FFMaster has a brief tutorial on these programs here.

Corosar

Testing to see if it will work... i hope so!.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Mudvayne

I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this and use it very often.

I had a good laugh going back and seeing my self posting on here back in 2013 about not being able to get the file to open. That's when I FIRST started messing around with making teams in arena.

It only took me... two years? after to finally post one here?  :oops:

Gaignun

August 03, 2015, 05:17:58 am #30 Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:25:08 am by Gaignun
Thanks for the kind words, Mudvayne.  My objective is and has always been to make team design as painless as possible. 

The latest version of the Team Design Tool is uploaded just in time for the single-class tournament.  In this version, I added a new spreadsheet called "Weapon." This spreadsheet calculates weapon damage over the range of achievable PA or MA.  I tried to make it as robust as possible, so it took quite awhile to write.  (Writing inline code with Excel's inbuilt functions is a real pain!)

I originally wrote this spreadsheet to guide my own recommendations concerning weapons in the balance thread.  I figured it had a bit of utility in team design, too, so it kind of grew from there... over the course of 1~2 years.  I might continue to tweak the spreadsheet in the future.

Edit: A few minor things, like skill tool tips, are not yet updated.  I'll get to them in due time.

Gaignun

Version 1.05 is released.

Shintroy

Can someone post an accurate spreadsheet without netherseer?
Some day my people will be free.

Gaignun

Version 1.06 is released for compatibility with FFTA 1.41.

So many things have changed this time around, so there are bound to be a few inaccuracies. Let me know if anything is wrong or broken and I will get on it.

Gaignun

Version 1.07 is released for compatibility with FFTA 1.41a.

A few quirks in the Weapons spreadsheet have arisen due to the changes patch 1.41a made to certain pieces of armor.  I would fix these quirks, but I simply lack the willpower.  That said, the spreadsheet as a whole should still work mostly as intended for those seeking to compare the relative strengths and weaknesses of weapons.

Gaignun

Version 1.08 is released for compatibility with FFTA 1.42.

Gaignun

November 27, 2017, 10:42:39 pm #36 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:50:40 am by Gaignun
Version 1.09 is released for compatibility with FFTA 1.42a.

29 November 2017 edit: Fixed the RSM abilities.  I did not realize that some of these abilities were reassigned to different classes.