Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33
Bad code, beware! The NOPs are coming to eat you!
formerdeathcorps [Posts: 1322]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 13, 2011, 10:45:17 AM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2011, 10:45:17 AM »
((NOT MY POST))

As Jeff walked out the door, Setch drained his glass.
"It's bin too damn long..."

His stomach continuing to growl, Setch wrenched the knob against the aluminum door and stepped into the hallway.  Walking towards the nearest intersection, Setch spotted two cadets mired in a boastful argument over sports.  Approaching the lankier and seemingly younger of the pair, Setch noticed a slight bulge in his left pocket.  Swiping his palm into the pocket, Setch produced a dull leather wallet before turning the corner towards a vending machine.  Several snacks later (paid with Taylor Fink's personal credits, of course), Setch climbed the stairs towards the victim's room only to find the cadet already there, struggling with his doorknob.

"Some'um wrong?"
"Yeah, my wallet and ID are gone!  I can't get in!"
"This yer wallet?  Found it lyin' there on the stairs."
Snatching back his wallet, the cadet promptly withdrew his ID card and swiped it against the lock.
"Thanks...uhh..."
"Setch.  There's a party tonigh' in the cafe.  Yew comin'?"
"Sure, I'm down."
"Damn..."
"Something wrong?"
Setch sighed, trying his best to not smirk.  "...it's jest the girl behind this whole deal's a real bitch.  I gotta get a ton of people or she'll can my ass."
"When did you guys come up with this idea?"
"Today."
"Jeez, that sucks for you..."
"Yer buds all on this floor?"
"Hell, they're everywhere on this base."
"No loners or oddballs?"
"Nah, they're all pretty cool.  WEll...except that Darco guy, I don't quite know what he's up to half the time."
"Y'all usually jest loaf 'round after supper?"
"Pretty much, unless there's a game to watch or play.  John and his buddies work out, but they're just trying to show off.  Wait, you said you needed people to show up?  I bet you some of the guys would love to go."
"Yew took the words right outta my mouth."  Setch waved to the cadet, turned his head, and appeared to descend the stairs.  As the cadet's door shut, however, Setch slowly crept up the staircase to knock on some doors.

Setch's stomach was growling again as he descended the stairs from the cadet dormitories.  Walking down the near empty corridors towards the cafeteria, Setch slowly realized that he had forgotten something.  Fumbling through his pockets, Setch counted off the usual set of items: his wallet, his lucky coin, and a folded map of California base.  Recalling his last few hours upstairs, Setch couldn't recall any personal possession that he had even presented, much less left behind.  Peeking inside the cafeteria door, he saw Sieg, amidst his grunting, push aside large Formica tables mounted on black wheels.
Now realizing he didn't notify Atrius, Setch trudged away from the cafeteria, through the mech docking area, and returned to his own room for a shower.

Now donning a cowboy hat and a black jumpsuit, Setch left his room with only a black jumpsuit and a candy bar to stall further hunger pangs.  Yet before he could pass the lobby between the loading bays and the pilots' quarters, the intercom blared, demanding all Cobras report for a mission briefing.

Setch woke early the next morning, his mind surprisingly calm from last night's dreamless sleep.  Rubbing his sore eyes, Setch crawled out of bed and departed for the loading bay.

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.
NinjaWeazel [Posts: 74]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 13, 2011, 03:21:31 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #301 on: June 13, 2011, 03:21:31 PM »
Buliwyf pops his comm long enough to do a passable imitation of a large frog, and then presses his mech into motion.

1) Move to D18 and look for targets
2) If there's a target, spend the rest of my actions pulling them to me with the new winch and ruining their day, otherwise move to E9.
3) If there's a winchable target near E9, ruin his day.  Otherwise just chill.
MysticKnightFF5
  • share
  • [June 14, 2011, 01:25:19 AM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2011, 01:25:19 AM »
Rellia turns on the comm, slight irritation and very much sarcasm in her voice, "Try not to alert the whole army, kay?"
After snapping at her teammates, she turns off IF.
1) Rellia turns off IF
2) Rellia GTFOs
Bad code, beware! The NOPs are coming to eat you!
formerdeathcorps [Posts: 1322]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 14, 2011, 11:49:42 AM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #303 on: June 14, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »
Despite his fatigue, the trip provided no comfort.  No more than an hour after takeoff, the Carrier begun to violently rock as arctic wind screeched against the metal plates of the ship.  The soft landing did nothing to calm Setch, as the Gaw then quickly vanished back into the windy sky, its heat signature and roaring engine now fading into the blurry sky.  Just like before, Setch was now in the cold wind and snow, with only a squad behind him, to charge into a bee's nest.

As Setch inched away from his position behind some trees (1), the mech to his left sounded.  Vie's voice chimed in over the com-link, volunteering to scout the region.
"Scoutin', my ass!  You're blind in this weather!"  Vie's mech, now at Setch's ten, continued its advance.  "Whoa there!  Yer runnin' right inta that tree!"  Vie, however, seemed to have not heeded the warning, as his mech only accelerated towards the snow-tipped pine.
Large branches snapped, splattering the accumulated powder onto Vie's mech.  Gritting his teeth, Setch drove his mech past the loud carnage and stared into his IR viewer (2-4), before veering away from the spot that was soon to attract enemy attention (5).

1) Move linearly to H19 and scream at Vie.
2) Move linearly to H15 and scan the area for heat signatures.  Setch will say "(# of foes) at my ten/eleven/twelve/one/two/three", if he sees any.
3a) If there are foes at Setch's nine (directly left), fire 15 120mm rounds.
4a) Let a mech-sized heat signature count as 5, and a smaller heat signature count as 2.  If threat level exceeds 15 at Setch's ten/eleven/twelve/one (near Bulwyf) or at Setch's two/three (near Vie), hold machine gun in left hand and withdraw heat hawk.  If not, skip this command.
3b) Let a mech-sized heat signature count as 5, and a smaller heat signature count as 2.  If there are no foes at Setch's nine, but threat level exceeds 15 at Setch's ten/eleven/twelve/one (near Bulwyf) or at Setch's two/three (near Vie), hold machine gun in left hand and withdraw heat hawk.  If not, skip this command.
4b) Lodge heat hawk, turned on, against I15's pine tree.  Setch will then say "They prolly got thermals too.  We outta trick 'em."
5) Move linearly to C15.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:54:46 AM by formerdeathcorps »
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.
ALL THE THINGS Official Caretaker.
RavenOfRazgriz [Posts: 3030]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 14, 2011, 07:28:56 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #304 on: June 14, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »
---------Battle Pane Resolution----------

"Try not to alert the whole army, kay?"  Rellia quips sarcastically as she disappears from the allied radar, advancing into the snowstorm.  Lyra turns on her comm link after cursing herself out a bit.  "We'll be caught for sure if we just sit here, I'll scout the west side a little, make sure nothing tries to creep up on us. Bullyfrog, could you cover me? Use that new tongue of yours to keep the E.F.F. off my back."  Buliwyf replies with a large croaking sound as Lyra cuts across to the far left, Buliwyf close behind her.  

"This storm is incredibly annoying. I can't imagine our radar is going to be very useful in this mess. We should all stay close together so we don't lose track of one another."  May observes, moving northeast some so she could get off clear shots if needed.  "Canada! Oh how I love her cold and snowy days!" Vie says with delight. "I want to try something different. I'm scouting ahead!"

"Scoutin', my ass!  You're blind in this weather!"  Setch yells to Vie, inching his way forward and keeping his eyes on his thermal sensors.  Vie, meanwhile, darts north and east around the trees.  Lyra and Buliwyf begin advancing northward, Atrius following the treeline to move north as well to support the two with his thermal sensors.  Vie continues to break off from the team, however, trying to follow the treeline.  As she's moving past, however, her Mobile Suit buckles from a tank round nailing the back of her knee joint.  She moves to turn and fire on it with her crippled leg, but as she's moving, her Zaku gets rocked again by a blare of machine gun fire.  As she whirls, caught in the crossfire of several enemies, a cannon sounds and her undamaged leg is blasted to shrapnel as her Zaku falls hard and face-first into the snow.  She looks up, seeing a strange hybrid of Federation and Zeon technology walk up to her, pointing its cannon directly at the head of her Mobile Suit for a lethal shot.  "You've got one chance, surrender immediately and tell us how many more of you there are!" a female pilot's voice booms over the loudspeaker at Vie.

Meanwhile, Buliwyf takes the northern choke point, seeing a Zaku II in the edge of his field of vision and casting his sparkly new fishing pole.  He hooks it around his target's chest and begins reeling the confused Zaku II into him.  The enemy Zaku's allies, including another of those strange hybrid Suits, are quick to notice, but hold their fire a moment seeing that Buliwyf's caught fish is still alive.  What doesn't hold its fire, however, is a pair of tanks that begin firing at Buliwyf's legs from his left side, trying to topple him over.  Thinking quickly, Setch turns on his Heat Hawk and buries it near a tree before moving far west from it.  "They prolly got thermals too.  We outta trick 'em."

"Looks like stealth isn't an option anymore..." Atrius muses, his back to a tree as he devises his next action carefully.  "They'll be alerting their main HQ now... let's at least try to conceal our numbers while we silence these guys."

Objective: Escape North without being seen.
Bonus Objective: Destroy all Enemies.
Weather: Nighttime, Snowstorm.
Terrain: Surface - Snowplains.



(For a version without the effects, look here!)

(Tip!: The weather combination is greatly dampening visibility!  Line of Sight is only good for 4 squares!)

(Note: You can shoot through the trees and you can move through them, but shots fired through trees are less accurate, and moving through them causes a large amount of noise that will alert nearby enemies to your position almost immediately.  This Battle Pane closes at 11:59pm on Monday.)

Cobra Corps.:

Atrius Schliend - "The Viper"
MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type [Atrius Schiliend Use.]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 40.
Sensor Active: Thermal.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: 120mm Automatic Rifle - Ammo: 12.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 120mm Automatic Rifle.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Automatic Rifle.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.

Lyra Leylande
MS-05B Zaku I
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 35.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2
Right Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo 99.
Left Hand: Doublehanding 120mm Machine Gun.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: 280mm Bazooka.

May Greenfield
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type ["Merrygate"]
Pilot HP: 7.
Core HP: 40
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Head: 70mm Head Vulcan - Ammo: 100.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Right Hand: 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.
Front Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.
Front Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: 280mm Bazooka.

Buliwyf Herger
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 35.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Right Hand: None.
Left Hand: None.
Left Forearm: Worker Zaku Forearm Crane.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for Shotgun.
Left Hip Clamp: Shotgun.
Back Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk ["Skinning Blade"].

Notes:

--Medium damage to Right Leg.  Could become further damaged with heavy strain.

Florance Vie Silette
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type
Pilot HP: 8.
Core HP: 11.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 7.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo: 99.
Left Hand: Emergency Repair System - Uses: 5.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Back Hip Clamp: Cracker Grenades - Ammo: 2.

Notes:
--Left Leg Destroyed and Right Knee Damaged, walking/Booster Dashing impossible.  Crawling is the only possible movement, at 1 Square per Action.

Rellia Lunar
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type [E.F.F. Colors]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 40.
Cloak Active: Thermal.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: Severed MS-05B Zaku I E.F.F. Colors arm.
Left Hand: Doublehanding severed MS-05B Zaku I E.F.F. Colors arm.
Right Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk.
Left Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk.
Back Hip Clamp: Smoke Crackers - Ammo: 2.

Seth "Setch" Harrow
MS-05B Zaku I ["Steel Freedom"]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 35.
Sensors Active: Thermal.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Head: Head Vulcan - Ammo: 100.
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo: 99.
Left Hand: Doublehanding 120mm Machine Gun.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Back Hip Clamp: None.
Bad code, beware! The NOPs are coming to eat you!
formerdeathcorps [Posts: 1322]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 14, 2011, 08:33:14 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #305 on: June 14, 2011, 08:33:14 PM »
"Fuckin' Vie, you wanna get us all killed?!"  Setch drew his breath, planning to insult Vie further, but rage choked his sentence.

Throttling the drive shaft backwards, Setch pulled his mech into the clearing (1), hoping to override Vie's blunder with some combat.  As the first tank came into sight, Steel Freedom opened fire (2), the discharge's noise piercing the regular howling of the savage wind.  Stepping only inches past a spruce, Setch directed his mech to fire upon the second tank (3), creating an explosion as the rounds struck the vehicle's engine.  "The wind ain't loud 'nuff to mask our fire.  Watch yerselves, y'all."
Steel Freedom slipped into the nearest stand of pines (4), with gun directed through a small clearing between two younger trees.  "Vie, say there's only four of us.  Me, you, Bulwyf, and the tree I jest lit up near the drop point.  We still migh' ambush 'em that way."

1) Move to E12 (C15-D14-D13-E12)
2) While at D13, fire 20 70mm Vulcan rounds at Tank 3
3) While at E12, fire 9 120mm rounds at Tank 2.
4) Move into G12's woods with intent to blend in, and talk to Vie.
5) If fired upon, booster dash to C12's woods and find a nice spot to hide.

Rounds used: 20 70mm Vulcan
9 120mm Machine Gun
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:37:13 PM by formerdeathcorps »
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.
超ぎらぎら I’m no joke
st4rw4k3r [Posts: 529]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 14, 2011, 09:41:05 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #306 on: June 14, 2011, 09:41:05 PM »
Vie immediately ejects from her Mech. Upon hitting the ground, in front of the hybrid mechs legs. She pulls out her radio and radios to the mech in front of her. "My name is Doctor Florance Vie Silette. I surrender."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:31:06 PM by st4rw4k3r »
MysticKnightFF5
  • share
  • [June 14, 2011, 09:52:06 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #307 on: June 14, 2011, 09:52:06 PM »
Vie's IF signal drops off the radar, and Rellia's turns on, in J10.
"Target: Eliminated" she announces coolly, with a hint of...sheer coldness in her voice.
"Under the Zeon rules and training, Vie had become a liability and posed a danger to the completion of the operation in by being captured and possibly telling them our location or other sensitive information. Along with the possibility of her speaking, her Zaku could well have been hacked. Should you disagree with the ruling, take it up with HQ. I already have. Over and out."

NOTE: FOR THE RECORD, My post was submitted to RoR before ST4R's, so Vie's comment did not go through before termination.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:52:50 PM by MysticKnightFF5 »
MysticKnightFF5
  • share
  • [June 14, 2011, 10:09:25 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #308 on: June 14, 2011, 10:09:25 PM »
Raven of Razgriz says (5:39 PM)
XD
You do realize Viper can just snipe those fucks through the trees right?
Anonymous One says (5:39 PM)
this isn't a joke
now son
Anonymous One says (5:40 PM)
Shhh!!!!
SHUTUP  
those are my actions
Raven of Razgriz says (5:40 PM)
XDDDD
Anonymous One says (5:40 PM)
anyways
my last action is to turn on the IF
but I'll post that one in the forums

st4rw4k3r [Posts: 116] (Report)   Quote     [Today at 04:41:05 PM]
Vie takes note on Setch's  comment. Vie turns her com the hybrid enemy mech in front of her. "My name is Florance Vie Silette, There are four of us total ma'am."

--

Look at the facts, boy. GG

EDIT: Oh, derp, I forgot to mention the forums is an hour behind me for whatever reason.

Posted on: Today at 05:08:47 PM Posted by: st4rw4k3r
((Your post was not posted before Vie talking you-. I will pull up the log. You did not pm RoR your turn, you said it in chat. and besides, its not who posted first that goes first.))

For reference. (since that post was like a minute after mine)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:18:17 PM by MysticKnightFF5 »
MysticKnightFF5
  • share
  • [June 14, 2011, 10:14:53 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #309 on: June 14, 2011, 10:14:53 PM »
(This is what the mibbit channel is for, stop posting on here unless you intend to pull a Jesus)
Queen of Palemoon
Celdia [Posts: 1640]
  • View Profile
  • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029710324/
  • share
  • [June 14, 2011, 11:48:50 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #310 on: June 14, 2011, 11:48:50 PM »
May reacts as quickly as she can to the gunfire from Vie's direction, taking a knee (1) and lobbing a shot from her Mazella at the strange Mobile Suit (2-3) that sounds like an enemy commander, hoping the gunfire ahead of her will help mask her own in the general confusion. "Here's hoping they can't see me back here, Captain. I'll rain some support for you all." Seeing more targeting information populate on her radar, she swings the cannon more West, rechecking the radar for enemy movement and fires over the trees on the second such hybrid Suit threatening Buliwyf.

1. Drop to one knee for stable firing.
2-3. Fire Mazella on Hybrid MS at M7. (MTC Rounds Remaining: 7)
4-5. Fire Mazella on Hyrbid MS at H6, correcting for enemy movement via ally radar. (MTC Rounds Remaining: 6)
VampragonLord [Posts: 574]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 15, 2011, 01:10:05 AM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #311 on: June 15, 2011, 01:10:05 AM »
Sighing to herself, Lyra muttered "well that lasted all of five minutes....". Maybe we can use this to our advantage? 1-4) Lyra equips her bazooka to her left hand, then fires 2 bazooka rounds at the zaku I north of her(d6 2 rounds remaining), then advances North to D8, doing her best to creep through the trees. As she emerges, she points her bazooka at zaku II's core (the one buli is holding) and machinegun into its back.  She then flips on her radio to all nearby mechs, "We have one of yours, and we don't mind losing some of ours, we have a whole fleet of mazella's just behind us, who really don't mind tearing all of us to pieces. You can either surrender and eject from your mechs, getting to go home to see your family.... Or...." Her voice trailed off as May's Mazella rounds echoed through the forest, and Lyra edged her bazooka's nozzle closer to the zaku IIs core.

If Lyra feels threatened after telling them to surrender (guns aimed towards her, units moving closer/failing to eject, etc)
 5a) Lyra fires 30 machine gun rounds into her hostage (69 remaining)
 5b) if the enemies go along with the surrender, Lyra leaves her gun pointed into the units back but lowers her bazooka and returns it to her back.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:56:21 AM by VampragonLord »
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~
NinjaWeazel [Posts: 74]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 15, 2011, 03:22:04 AM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #312 on: June 15, 2011, 03:22:04 AM »
"Oh for-"  Buliwyf ejects the crane assembly from his arm, leaving the Zaku bound and helpless. (1)  "There you go, Lyra.  If they wont listen to reason, you've got your first target."  He clicks to comms to a different channel, "Sir if you could take out that eastern tank, I would greatly appreciate it."  He moves as quickly as he can, minding his wounded leg as he presses through the snow. (2)  He gets to where Vie's IF blinked out and reaches out to scoop her out of the snow with his left hand (3) before falling back toward his own team. (4)

1) leave the Zaku all wrapped up like a present.
2) move to K9
3) Grab Vie
4) Fall back to k14
ALL THE THINGS Official Caretaker.
RavenOfRazgriz [Posts: 3030]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 15, 2011, 05:20:30 AM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #313 on: June 15, 2011, 05:20:30 AM »
---------Battle Pane Resolution----------

"Oh for-" Buliwyf says, jettisoning the crane system from his forearm as he turns to move toward Vie. "There you go, Lyra.  If they wont listen to reason, you've got your first target."  Lyra begins muttering to herself and firing her Bazooka as Buliwyf departs.  "Well that lasted all of five minutes..."  A pair of rounds fly toward the enemy Zaku I north of her, nailing the trees between them and collapsing that part of the forest down. "Sir if you could take out that eastern tank, I would greatly appreciate it."  Buliwyf requests on the comm as Setch comes up behind him, firing on the tanks that had damaged his leg earlier, spotting Vie exiting her mech for a second before a smoke grenade explodes near her.

"Fuckin' Vie, you wanna get us all killed?!"  Setch screams before choking on his own anger, moving forward and claiming the two tanks that had beads on Buliwyf with each his vulcan and machine gun, respectively.  "The wind ain't loud 'nuff to mask our fire.  Watch yerselves, y'all."  Setch yells out a warning as a shot rings out through the trees, blasting the tank Buliwyf had asked the Captain to take as a second smoke grenade exploded, the Mobile Suits surrounding Vie quickly breaking off and dashing back to avoid whatever was coming next.  As if right on schedule, a shot rings out from back where Setch had lit a tree on fire with his Heat Hawk, slamming into the ground where the unknown enemy had once stood.  "Here's hoping they can't see me back here, Captain. I'll rain some support for you all."  She turns and fires to the last known position of the other unknown enemy as Lyra approaches, guns readied on the bound and struggling enemy Zaku.

Buliwyf dives into the smoke, finding Vie prone on the snow and scooping her up as another Mobile Suit can be heard advancing.  He begins moving south, passing Rellia right as she lunges forward and plunges her Heat Hawk into Vie's Zaku.  Both units break, Rellia heading west and Buliwyf heading south as Vie's Mobile Suit sparks for a couple seconds before exploding, sending the smoke from the grenades billowing out in all directions and covering the battlefield with it.   "Target: Eliminated"  Rellia announces coolly, with a hint of...sheer coldness in her voice. "Under the Zeon rules and training, Vie had become a liability and posed a danger to the completion of the operation by being captured and possibly telling them our location or other sensitive information. Along with the possibility of her speaking, her Zaku could well have been hacked. Should you disagree with the ruling, take it up with HQ. I already have. Over and out."

Lyra begins speaking as well, this speech directed toward the enemy E.F.F. pilots. "We have one of yours, and we don't mind losing some of ours. We have a whole fleet of Mazellas just behind us who really don't mind tearing all of us to pieces. You can either surrender and eject from your mechs, getting to go home to see your family... or..."  Lyra says, keeping her voice serious to try and get them to buy her bluff.  "So that's how it is, Zeek bitch?"  One of the enemy pilots replies, the Zaku I, as it lowers its bazooka slowly.  "Guess we have no choice but to..."  he starts, before a cannon similar to the one that hit Vie rings out from beyond her vision range, the shot smashing Lyra's Mobile Suit in the upper torso and sending it onto its back as the Zaku I tackles her, tossing its bazooka aside and pinning her down.  "We've got no choice but to tell you why stupid bitches like you should stay in the kitchen while the men do the fighting!"  It grapples her, trying to crush her Zaku's head as the bound Zaku begins moving toward its allies, unable to break the durable crane wire binding its arms with its own power.

During the confusion, another allied IF signal disappears from the radar - this time the Captain's.  "Rellia, stand down."  He begins speaking, breaking his usual uninterested tone for a much more stern and serious one. "We'll handle what should be done with Vie after the mission is complete.  Fail to comply and I'll treat you like the hostile whose colors you're wearing.  Understand?"  He finishes, speaking in his normal tone again.  "Setch, cover Lyra, but don't expose yourself to too much return fire.  Buliwyf, fall back.  Rella, try to catch the ones who retreated from your smoke grenade, you have a better chance at hunting them down than we do.  May, bombard that northwest area, there's more hostiles hiding out there.  Let's stop acting like a bunch of fucking idiots and get this done before we end up dead."

Objective: Escape North without being seen.
Bonus Objective: Destroy all Enemies.
Weather: Nighttime, Snowstorm.
Terrain: Surface - Snowplains.



(For a version without the effects, look here!)

(Tip!: Due to weather conditions, losing Line of Sight or tracking on Sensors causes units to disappear off the map even if not destroyed!)

(Note: You can shoot through the trees and you can move through them, but shots fired through trees are less accurate, and moving through them causes a large amount of noise that will alert nearby enemies to your position almost immediately.  This Battle Pane closes at 11:59pm on Friday.)

Cobra Corps.:

Atrius Schliend - "The Viper"
MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type [Atrius Schiliend Use.]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 40.
Sensor Active: Thermal.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: 120mm Automatic Rifle - Ammo: 11.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 120mm Automatic Rifle.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Automatic Rifle.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.

Lyra Leylande
MS-05B Zaku I
Pilot HP: 8.
Core HP: 17.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2
Right Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo 99.
Left Hand: Doublehanding 120mm Machine Gun.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: 280mm Bazooka - Ammo 2.

May Greenfield
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type ["Merrygate"]
Pilot HP: 7.
Core HP: 40
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Head: 70mm Head Vulcan - Ammo: 100.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Right Hand: 175mm Mazella Top Cannon - Ammo 6.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.
Front Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.
Front Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: 280mm Bazooka.

Buliwyf Herger
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 35.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Right Hand: Shotgun.
Left Hand: Doctor Florance Vie Silette.
Left Forearm: Worker Zaku Forearm Crane - Currently Jettisoned.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for Shotgun.
Left Hip Clamp: None.
Back Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk ["Skinning Blade"].

Notes:

--Medium damage to Right Leg.  Could become further damaged with heavy strain.

Florance Vie Silette
Pilot HP: 7.
[Mobile Suit destroyed. Currently sitting in Buliwyf's left palm.]

Rellia Lunar
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type [E.F.F. Colors]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 40.
Cloak Active: Thermal.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: Severed MS-05B Zaku I E.F.F. Colors arm.
Left Hand: Heat Hawk.
Right Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk.
Left Hip Clamp: None.
Back Hip Clamp: None.

Seth "Setch" Harrow
MS-05B Zaku I ["Steel Freedom"]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 35.
Sensors Active: Thermal.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Head: Head Vulcan - Ammo: 80.
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo: 90.
Left Hand: Doublehanding 120mm Machine Gun.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Back Hip Clamp: None.
Queen of Palemoon
Celdia [Posts: 1640]
  • View Profile
  • http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029710324/
  • share
  • [June 15, 2011, 06:23:27 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2011, 06:23:27 PM »
"Roger that, Captain!" May replies quickly and she punches in new targeting information to drop some cannon rounds just north of Lyra, (1-2) hoping some blind fire will keep the enemy from rushing her allies too quickly. "Here's hoping they don't count my rate of fire and realize there's only one of me..." May comments idly while watching the radar reports for an actual target as her Mazella readies its next round. She calls out on the comm, "Buliwyf, if you can get the doctor back here to me, I can repay her favor from our last mission and she can ride with me. I'll be ready with the hatch release." A short laugh precedes her mic cutting off just as she lets fly another cannon round. (3-5)

1-2. Fire MTC at D4. (Rounds Remaining: 5)
3-4a. If a new threat appears from Lyra's radar, fire on it, otherwise
---3-4b. drop another round at H6. (Rounds Remaining: 4)
5. Ready the hatch release on Merrygate to open and accept Vie as a passenger if Buliwyf gets close enough to drop his parcel.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:29:29 PM by Celdia »
NinjaWeazel [Posts: 74]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 16, 2011, 06:59:48 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #315 on: June 16, 2011, 06:59:48 PM »
"On it."  Buliwyf falls back further (1), transferring Vie to May's Zaku as carefully as he can (2).  "Try not to shoot her, it was a big enough pain in the ass saving her the first time."  He swings around to the west and moves north, appearing by Lyra (3) and placing his shotgun against the head of the Zaku pinning her to the ground.  "That's no way to talk to a lady."  He pulls the trigger (4) and cycles the action, ejecting a spent shell. (5)

1) Move to G17
2) Hand over Vie
3) Move to E9
4) Execute Zaku 1
5) Look like a badass
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:02:40 PM by NinjaWeazel »
VampragonLord [Posts: 574]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 16, 2011, 09:03:57 PM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2011, 09:03:57 PM »
Lyra lets out a somewhat unnervingly ecstatic laugh, the impact of the round against her zaku having knocked an unshakable idea into her head, and possibly a screw less. A certain clarity came over her, along with a glint in her eye. Any worry she may have had for herself or her zaku leave her, 1) as she does her best to hold the zaku ontop of her in place, doing what she can to keep it from damaging her mech any further. 2) She keeps it engaged and busy with her, trying to give any of her allies a clean shot at it. (Delay remainder of turn until ally incapacitates the zaku or the zaku is no longer on me. If no ally does this, use remaining actions to smash any weakpoints that appear with free hand and gun) Once the zaku ontop of her is no longer a problem, 3) get up, and 4) use its remains as a shield, using a mix of the left shoulder spike and left hand to position it, and advancing, back to the trees.

1-2) Keep Zaku engaged with myself, remain on the defensive, aiming to preserve my zaku, but making sure it remains focused on me.
*Delay turn until free, if no ally assists me, or zaku I doesnt die, using remaining actions to kill it with free hand/machine-gun bashing.*
If zaku that tackled me is dead
3a) get up
4a) use zaku as a shield
If allies adjacent to or north of me
5a) Move to keep ally to my east flank, hold zaku-shield north-faced, if no movement is required, shoot 21 rounds into nearest enemy (shield doesnt count) remaining rounds - 78
If no allies nearby.
5b) retreat to B10, hold zaku north-east facing

15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~
MysticKnightFF5
  • share
  • [June 17, 2011, 12:26:01 AM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #317 on: June 17, 2011, 12:26:01 AM »
Rellia radios back to the captain, "Roger, standing down."
With that, her mech dropped the zaku arm and equipped a second heat hawk, and prepared evasive maneuvers.
1) Rellia switches equipment to [R] Heat Hawk, [L] Heat Hawk.
2) Rellia readies to dodge any incoming attacks.
Bad code, beware! The NOPs are coming to eat you!
formerdeathcorps [Posts: 1322]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 18, 2011, 02:48:21 AM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #318 on: June 18, 2011, 02:48:21 AM »
Setch pulled the drive shaft all the way back, to maximize speed.  His left hand slipped onto the white button emblazoned with a microphone before returning to the knob adjusting his arms.  As Setch watched the enemy Zaku pound Lyra's mech, his pulse throbbed ever louder in his ears; despite his shaft's setting, his mech moved, seemingly so slowly, towards the nearest clump of trees (1).
With his mech facing a large pine, Setch steadied his aim.  " 'Ey Earthie, yew really that desperate?"  Bullets streamed from every weapon on Steel Freedom (2-3), as the enemy mech staggered and collapsed under the force of repeated fire.
"Lyra, yew all right?  Let's hunt down that mix-n-match."  (4-5)

1) Move to F10 (G12-G11-F10)
Next two orders are carried out near simultaneously.
2) Fire 45 120mm Machine Gun rounds at the arm (that's punching Lyra's mech) of Zaku I.  Once arm is destroyed, keep shooting until the enemy pilot is killed.
3) Fire 20 70mm Head Vulcan rounds at the head of Zaku I
4) Move to F6 (F10-E9-F8-E7-F6) in a zigzag.  Keep eyes on IR sensor.  If a large heat signature appears (enemy mech), report to Lyra the position and request she hit it with a bazooka.
5) If large (i.e. mech) enemy on IR sensor is not hiding in woods, fire 18 120mm rounds at the mech's head.  If small enemy on IR sensor is not hiding in woods, fire 9 120mm rounds at it.  If any such foes are in the same clump of woods as F6, spend this action taking the best possible cover on F6.

Rounds Used:
20 70mm Head Vulcan
45-63 120mm Machine Gun
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:05:35 AM by formerdeathcorps »
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.
ALL THE THINGS Official Caretaker.
RavenOfRazgriz [Posts: 3030]
  • View Profile
  • share
  • [June 19, 2011, 01:59:43 AM]
Re: Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Onward to Snow and Shitty Visibility!
« Reply #319 on: June 19, 2011, 01:59:43 AM »
---------Battle Pane Resolution----------

"Roger, standing down." Rellia says, dropping her severed Zaku I arm and readying her second Heat Hawk as she hides in the smoke.  "Roger that, Captain!" May replies to Atrius' orders. "Here's hoping they don't count my rate of fire and realize there's only one of me..." She comments as she pops her hatch open and beginning her assault on the enemy. "Buliwyf, if you can get the doctor back here to me, I can repay her favor from our last mission and she can ride with me. I'll be ready with the hatch release."

"On it." Buliwyf replies as he begins falling back to May. "Try not to shoot her, it was a big enough pain in the ass saving her the first time."  Meanwhile, Setch begins moving from his camping spot in the woods as Lyra holds the mech on top of her in place. " 'Ey Earthie, yew really that desperate?"  Setch asks, unloading his machine gun on the elbow joint of the hand gripping down on Lyra's face until it snaps, severing the arm from the machine.  He adjusts his aim, unloading the rest of his burst onto the unit's core as he placed a burst of vulcan rounds into the units head.  

The unit still moves however, winding back its left arm for a punch.  "Stupid bitch, think your boyfriend's going to stop me?!" The pilot yells, enraged.  "That's no way to talk to a lady." Buliwyf says, stopping in front of the tangled pair and placing his shotgun against the enemy's head, having safely made his drug-dealer run with Vie.  He fires, blowing the damaged head to bits as the rounds penetrate into the core, causing the unit's functions to cease as it falls limp on top of Lyra.  She pushes it off her, getting up and pulling its carcass up to use as a shield as she inches westward some.

"Lyra, yew all right?  Let's hunt down that mix-n-match."  Setch asks as he hides in another nearby tree thicket, just before a burst of blind machine gun fire echoes from nearby, nearly hitting both Lyra and Buliwyf as a voice echoes off the enemy's loudspeaker.  "Hey, Zeeks!  I'll teach whichever one of you fuckers thought it'd be funny to tie me up!  Carl, Jimmy, back me up with those cannons!  What do you mean Jimmy got himself hit by that random fire?  Just fucking cover me!"  Setch looks down at his Thermal, seeing the lead Zaku just to his northeast through the trees and plugging a burst of machine gun rounds into its head just after the Feddy finished his confident declaration, before seeing two more blips show up further back.

Atrius' IF signal re-appears on the radar, his mech hidden in the trees to Rellia's west.  "Everyone, break through that enemy line and head north.  I'll cover your backs from here if those guys Rellia smoked out are still around.  I'll be right behind you."

Objective: Escape North without being seen.
Bonus Objective: Destroy all Enemies.
Weather: Nighttime, Snowstorm.
Terrain: Surface - Snowplains.



(For a version without the effects, look here!)

(Tip!: Be careful of sudden enemy attacks!  They're bound by the same vision rules, but undiscovered enemies can still pop out of seemingly nowhere from gaps in the team's vision field!)

(Note: You can shoot through the trees and you can move through them, but shots fired through trees are less accurate, and moving through them causes a large amount of noise that will alert nearby enemies to your position almost immediately.  This Battle Pane closes at 11:59pm on Monday.)

Cobra Corps.:

Atrius Schliend - "The Viper"
MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type [Atrius Schiliend Use.]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 40.
Sensor Active: Thermal.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: 120mm Automatic Rifle - Ammo: 11.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 120mm Automatic Rifle.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Automatic Rifle.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.

Lyra Leylande
MS-05B Zaku I
Pilot HP: 8.
Core HP: 17.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2
Right Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo 99.
Left Hand: Holding Zaku I E.F.F. Colors Corpse.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: 280mm Bazooka - Ammo 2.

May Greenfield
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type ["Merrygate"]
Pilot HP: 7.
Core HP: 40
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Head: 70mm Head Vulcan - Ammo: 100.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Right Hand: 175mm Mazella Top Cannon - Ammo 4.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.
Front Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.
Front Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: 280mm Bazooka.

Buliwyf Herger
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 35.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Right Hand: Shotgun - Ammo: 7.
Left Hand: None.
Left Forearm: Worker Zaku Forearm Crane - Currently Jettisoned.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for Shotgun.
Left Hip Clamp: None.
Back Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk ["Skinning Blade"].

Notes:

--Medium damage to Right Leg.  Could become further damaged with heavy strain.

Florance Vie Silette
Pilot HP: 7.
[Mobile Suit destroyed. Currently sitting in May's cockpit.]

Rellia Lunar
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type [E.F.F. Colors]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 40.
Cloak Active: Thermal.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Right Shoulder Armor HP: 12.
Left Shoulder Armor Power: 8.
Right Hand: Heat Hawk.
Left Hand: Heat Hawk.
Right Hip Clamp: None.
Left Hip Clamp: None.
Back Hip Clamp: None.

Seth "Setch" Harrow
MS-05B Zaku I ["Steel Freedom"]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 35.
Sensors Active: Thermal.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Head: Head Vulcan - Ammo: 60.
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo: 27.
Left Hand: Doublehanding 120mm Machine Gun.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Back Hip Clamp: None.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33