• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Fantactic1316

Yeah, that "Greatest Hits" team idea just has not worked out very well at all. I think I'll just pull them from my team list once 1.38 comes out.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

Zaes

Me vs. Tojoe
Good match sir, I'm definitely liking the team more and think I'm a bit more flexible then I was before. When I saw that Dancer fabric crit for 340 my eyes almost popped out of my head, I didn't think cloth could be so gnarly!

Barren

Just re uploading the Zaes vs Tojoe match because the thumbnail to the video is not showing therefore making the video less attractive. so it'll be back up soon
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

veliuz

Barren

Quote from: veliuz on July 09, 2012, 11:15:11 pm
I'd like to vs a Celdia team^

Which one her HodgePodge team or her Jokers and Thieves team?

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

veliuz

Barren

Zareb

Barren, please don't post any more matches with teams I have removed.  Thank-you.

As for the match, most of it happened as expected: my Samurai being worthless, my Oracle being worthless and my two Ninjitsu users simply not doing enough overall damage.  Which is why I removed this team.  Lol.  Oh well, GG.
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Zaes

I need to figure out what's causing my chemist with a romanda gun to spend so many turns standing in place or running away when he can clearly fire off an arm aim or attack. Also, 443 Axe shot to the face  :shock:

ps Angelus your chemist should be clobbered over the head for having bad compat with me. That loop was too much.  ;)

veliuz

series 1 = uhh ok, knew i should have ran hp restore over counter.  But that counter on that jump was sick so +1. BUT your archer with gun one shot all my non projectile guard guys with a 420+ shot (lol wtf thats not retarded at all) +16.

series 2 = thats what happends when you have no evade i guess^

GG, we must rematch after patch^^

Barren

Dynablade

I haven't even seen this yet.

TWO HOURS?!? Holy shit, no matter what this is, it will probably be epic.

formerdeathcorps

July 24, 2012, 04:29:56 pm #1534 Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:57:45 pm by formerdeathcorps

Raven needs anti-ninjitsu.  I think thief hat would be better on the chemists, while the dancers would be better off with equip armor, reflect mail, and crystal helmet on one and gold helmet on the other.  The one with crystal helmet should have finger guard and the one with gold helmet should have projectile guard.  If you need to, drop the JP invested in fly.

Raven could have easily gone 7-3.  The only three matches where it was clear he stood at a marked disadvantage (rather than just got unlucky) was against me, Fanatic, and AeroGP.

Also, ninjitsu is still bugged.  It's not considering Defense Up AND Protect in conjunction, for some reason.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

Definitely for now on if anyone wants me to do a gauntlet series i'll do a 5 match series instead of 10

RavenOfRazgriz

Well, I gave DERP some minor updates after seeing this.  Won't affect much of anything, but it makes them slightly better and I'm a minmaxer soyeah. 

Posted a reply to the video itself, but the general gist of that set it seems is that the RNG decided to hate me pretty consistently and DERP basically scrapped every match it could from bottom-of-the-barrel persistence with not dying.  I think I could've gone 8-2 with that map spread if my luck had been noticeably less awful but that's how things roll when you do one-fall games.  The only losses that looked unsalvagable sans huge luck on my part were Match 6 and Match 10, though with the amount of time it took Match 6 to do me in, maybe on a larger map...

Barren

Zaes

GG to everyone I faced, I can't believe my little bit of fiddling worked out. Between the climhazzard procs, the redirected Tornado on to that Scholar, and some of the crazy damage cloth whacks I am still so surprised I was able to sweep all the games.

Thanks again for hosting Barren, I'm eagerly waiting for the next official AI tournament.

Barren