• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:03:45 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Boco

Quote from: Choto on December 20, 2014, 02:09:35 pm
I have to be honest, I'm a bigger fan of the other one than this one. Mostly because Gafgarion's armor is so notable. If this one is pursued over the other, I would highly suggest making some alterations to his armor to make it less Gafgarion like, a palette swap, or both.

Sorry to be a downer :( I do, however, like the idea of keeping the trademark squire head

That was the appeal to me, I think. The other sprite I made used the knight's body and cape as a base, and I thought people would get tired of seeing it among the other 100s of knights and knight capes in this game. However, there is only one Gafgarion,
and I thought this might be a good way to get to see his signature armor past Chapter 2.

Anyway they will use whichever they want, I can't force them to use this one. I just wanted to place this one here in the off chance that it was more preferred. The first sprite I made I didn't know it would be used for this patch, hence why it was so unpolished. This one I made more effort for and it comes with a portrait.

I don't know, there's just really something I love about the armor. The spikes, maybe? The fur collar that would make Squall Leonhart proud?  :P

3lric

Haha, well as I mentioned in my PM, I do prefer the other one, as Choto mentioned and it will likely be the one we use. The sprite itself isn't bad at all and I actually love the little Chocobo signature XD. I just personally don't think the squire head fits well with Gafs armor, though that could be because I have a hard time imagining a Dark Knight with a squire head :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Chronosplit

January 22, 2015, 06:49:37 pm #162 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:55:39 pm by Chronosplit
This all looks really nice, definitely worth the wait.  It sounds like we're looking at the definitive version of FFT right here!

A quick question out of curiosity: are both the normal translation version and the WoTL translation version coming at the same time?

3lric

If the WotL version comes out it would be afterward. JackOfAllTrades is the one who's suppose to redo the dialogue and such for that. I would only be providing the Luso event for that version, since I'm not supportive of the WotL translation.

And Thank you! :)

corpsra99

so i just barely saw this and im waay excited!
how is the progress going elric?

3lric

Raven is about done with testing all the main stuff other than the extras. But you'd had to ask Xif if/when she plans on finishing the NG+ stuff.

corpsra99

ive mentioned it to xif in a message a couple days ago and i haven't heard anything yet... but im curious though... if xif doesn't plan on it does that mean it would set you a couple steps back of releasing it?

3lric

It was a joke, you weren't really supposed to PM her lol.

She is busy with other things right now, once she has the time she will finish it.

Classicgamer

I've been itching to replay FFT but can't stand the sound effects in the PsP version and truly remember the Psx version transmission. Seeing this topic has me super excited! Thank you Eric (and your team) for your hard work!

This may be against the forum etiquette but I'm wondering if a release is planned soon. I'd love to play through! Is it possible I can play through as a beta tester and report back bugs and such? 

corpsra99

i'm excited as you are! As far as i know to answer your question... elric mentioned around page 7 that:

"I won't be releasing a beta, as it would kinda defeat the purpose if everything wasn't working anyway."

so i doubt we're getting any beta's (correct me if i'm wrong elric) until its released. Raven is about done with testing all the main stuff other than the extras. we're waiting on Xif temporary until she's ready...

Lionpro

Hello, how are you? I'm new here, I've seen your work and let me tell you its cool, congratulate, and also would like to ask please facilitate me squall sprites and warder? if available. they are greatly appreciate it, and sorry for my English, I am using translator, I'm from Venezuela and not mastered much English. Thanks in advance, their website has helped me to customize my FFT.

Zolias

For once, I read through an entire topic (which is rare, cuz I'm lazy 99.9% of the time), and I must admit... the stuff said here makes my brain hurt, since I have no idea what any of it means (except for 150+ Event spaces...  Means more possible events, right?)

Also, definitely like the idea of the NG+ and point system to unlock special rewards (Teleport 2 is Master Teleport, I'm guessing?  I only played WotL, not the original, so I'm kinda partial to that one, and that was mostly for having Ramza being a Dark Knight, which is already quite enjoyable... lol) 

I also know, since it was stated many times, that you won't be changing things since TLW is a base (which I assume you mean things other than NG+ stuff, which are bonuses for no-life grinding away), but just to clarify something...  is it possible to add a NG+ perk to give Reis' Dragonkin job the ability to equip body armor (probably something like clothes/robes, nothing to spectacular), since it's not possible (I think) to add more equipment, like the Minerva Bustier. 

One other thing, which I doubt would be implemented, but have to ask anyway... about Boco's evolution to Black/Red Chocobo, I personally think he should keep Choco Cure through all these forms (even though Red Chocobo has it as a Beastmaster/Monster Skill hidden ability) mainly to keep him different from other chocobos of the same color (for example, Black Boco would not have Choco Esuna, but Choco Cure... and Red Boco would have Choco Cure replacing Choco Pellets, or whatever the PSX name of it is, since nobody would dream of using that when they have the almighty Choco Meteor, and the hidden skill could be Choco Esuna... it's rehashing already existing skills to make a better Boco, but since I have little -read: none- ability in the art of changing things, I have no idea if it'd be possible at all). 

Finally, I have one last question:  would it be too weird to ask if there'll ever be a manual sort for the party roster?

corpsra99

so... is this project is canceled?

3lric

corpsra99

oh awesome! thanks for replying elric thats fantastic news! so i'm guessing we are still waiting for xif correct?

3lric

Mushi

Can only wish you luck buddy so, good luck on it.

Iv seen a lot of hard project on gaming remakes that my take years of making which I can wait long enough for.

aN.Wilkerson

xif pls つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

no but seriously. watching intensifies.

Classicgamer

OMG I'm so anxious to play this! I'm loosing my mind! Every 2 days I check it for an update and just see 90% staring back at me, it's killing me! FFT is so epic and I'm really looking forward to playing and playing and playing! The two items left: fftactext and fftpatcher - what do they do? I'm guessing the patcher is needed for patching your iso, what is the actext? what can we do to help speed things along?

3lric

The list is out of date, the game is basically done, we are just waiting on some things from Xif. The actual current hold up is that we are both working hard on the re-release of Chapter 1 of Jot5.