• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

What determines Speechcraft/Talk Skill Abilities? (Solved)

Started by BleuVII, November 02, 2016, 11:07:03 pm

BleuVII

Hello all. I've been doing quite a bit of re-arrangement of abilities between classes, and there are 2 cases that have eluded me with Speechcraft.

1. I moved "Tailwind" to Orators/Mediators. It works on monsters, even when Beast Tongue is not equipped.
2. I moved "Stall" to Time Mages. It does not work on monsters when Beast Tongue isn't equipped.

I would assume that Earplug/Finger Guard would affect Stall on the Time Mages, but not Tailwind on the Orators, but haven't tested it yet.

So what determines whether or not a skill is considered "Speechcraft"? It is obviously not the skill's presence in the Speechcraft skillset. Is it more hardcoding?
  • Modding version: WotL

Xifanie

November 02, 2016, 11:36:45 pm #1 Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:42:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: BleuVII on November 02, 2016, 11:07:03 pm
Is it more hardcoding?

It baffles me that you are still asking this. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes to your next 20 questions.

Jesus, just get used to the fact that you can't make a proper mod on WotL already.

(for those not familiar: he is completely unwilling to learn to ASM for WotL, insists to mod WotL, and this is his 4th question about hardcoded stuff that has no tool for WotL)
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

Actually, it's the formula, to some extent. There's some hardcoding on those spell slots, but if you change the status effect Speechcraft skills to a different buff formula (such as Salve's), they'll function normally according to that formula - affecting monsters and ignoring Earplug.

I haven't bothered finding out what happens if you put a Speechcraft formula on a completely different ability, though. I know the Br/Fa Speechcraft only works in those specific slots.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

BleuVII

Thanks, Nyzer. I tried adding the Haste formula to Stall, but it didn't work. I think it's a combo of formula and hard coding.

Xifane, I ask the question about hard coding simply so that people can answer yes/no, without feeling the need to explain that some things are changeable, and some not.

Nyzer

QuoteI tried adding the Haste formula to Stall, but it didn't work. I think it's a combo of formula and hard coding.

CT 0 isn't an actual Status Effect, though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

BleuVII

Well, I actually found a formula that I didn't know existed:
15 Set CT00 Hit_F(MA+X%) NS ME

As far as I can tell, it's only used by Altima. I didn't think of it because I've never seen her use it. Anyway, this is exactly what I needed. I'll just move Tailwind to a different class, give it a new animation, and call it a day.